Oklahoma WR Charleston Rambo Enters the Portal

Advertisement
This is an odd one. Isn’t he one of their main dudes and wouldn’t he come back one more year especially considering he’s assured to be a prime target and have gaudy numbers? Dude was projected to be a first rounder before the season. If he wants to jump, no brainer take - and tell pope and dee thanks for your contributions

Advertisement
sylvester stallone rambo GIF by Hollywood Suite

This is an odd one. Isn’t he one of their main dudes and wouldn’t he come back one more year especially considering he’s assured to be a prime target and have gaudy numbers? Dude was projected to be a first rounder before the season. If he wants to jump, no brainer take - and tell pope and dee thanks for your contributions
Yeah he would immediately be WR1 for us. He's better then KJ Osborn was as well. Likens should offer him

Advertisement
My guess is he saw the younger guys eating into his production and he wants to put up some gaudy numbers before going to the league. in 2018 his freshman year, 8 catches 125 yrds and a TD, not lighting the world on fire but got some decent burn, 2019 43 catches 743 yrds 5 TD.... then 2020 (granted less games) 25 catches 312 yrds most yds in a single game? 80... most catches in a game...5. For reference the year before he had 3 100 yard games.

This only makes sense if Manny/Lashlee tell 6 and 8 to hit the road. I just don't understand what's going on in the WR room. With how bad they played, the disparity in snap counts doesn't make sense at all. If the '20 guys couldn't get developed and/or surpass them, what makes anyone think the '21 guys are going to make any difference either? We've brought in 7 WR's in the last 2 classes (8 in 3 classes) and we're still out portal hunting for WR's??? Something doesn't add up with either the favoritism of upperclassmen and/or the lack of development of the younger guys.

Advertisement
Really talented. Really lazy. Change of scenery could do him some good but he’s not #1 on my list just because of the work ethic. He’s not leaving OU for a brighter stage, obviously. This isn’t a Phillips situation where the kid quit football and is coming back. He just got beat by younger kids at OU and didn’t really care enough to put in the work. But as I said, sometimes a reality check works wonders.

Advertisement
Really talented. Really lazy. Change of scenery could do him some good but he’s not #1 on my list just because of the work ethic. He’s not leaving OU for a brighter stage, obviously. This isn’t a Phillips situation where the kid quit football and is coming back. He just got beat by younger kids at OU and didn’t really care enough to put in the work. But as I said, sometimes a reality check works wonders.
Or did Rattler just favor the younger WRs?

Advertisement
Back