Okay let's run spread - what type?

Advertisement
Manny has to account for your QB's on roster when making switch to spread OC.. What QB's are your Air Raid guys? TVD seems to be the only guy you want throwing the ball 40-50 times a game and that's lot to put on a True Frosh.. Unless you got a Air Raid OC with a transfer QB who fits then it's the wrong style and hire just from that stand point.. KJ Costello is a Pro Style guy who you could throw into the Air Raid, Do you guys want Perry, Tate or JW running Air Raid?

It has to be a run heavy spread type, that uses TE in passes type OC hire if your going spread.. Then you have Tate who it fits, you get a sleeper HS Dual Threat QB in the late period, and you try to flip Jack Sears who is 2020 eligible from San D State before he starts classes on Jan 21st.. Any other 2020 eligible transfers you can pick from are 3 star kids..

All three QBs on the roster have some history with some type of Spread; Tate with OSU and Williams and Kosi under Richt, TVD this past year.

We need try a different option of the spread then the one Richt ran it relied to heavy on us to out athlete everyone and lacked creativity. I want my OC to scheme well with creativity and flow regardless of the level of athletes we have on the roster.

Give me the best at X’s and O’s guru and feel for play calling regardless of spread type. Bad play callers exist in every spread type but I will take the best who utilize a multiple backs and TEs currently until our position strength is different

Back in reality for 2020, who the **** is gonna be the Air Raid QB? Not Patrick Mohomes, and no one on the roster makes a pimple on his ***!!

reality is a Mullens type run first spread that best case gets you a good 250 plus yards a game on the ground and you scrape up close to another 200 yards per game thru the air.. that's around 450 yards a game give or take, and gets you close to a top 40 Offense.. Manny hire an OC that can get you in that ballpark and it's a amazing one year turn around..

Then you can build off that and work to a larger pass component spread in the years to come..

No. **** a "Mullen type". Miami needs to adapt a philosophy that separates itself from its contemporaries. Miami doesn't need Mahomes to adhere to a style of play that would lend itself to that type of production. You first need to commit to that being what you ideally want.

Fast. Aggressive. Capable of balance, but prepared to Air it out. Enough is enough with the conservative approach.

We share facilities with the Miami Dolphins. Their spread offense has been looking good of late and they beat the Patriots today. Maybe there's someone on their staff that can be our Joe Brady.

Advertisement
No prime Air Raid QB on the roster so you turn to true Frosh TVD to chuck is 40-50 times a game, and the suck *** Oline is gonna pass block 85% of the time.. Way to play to your strengths.. Your right man, Canes are tip top Air Raid roster just waiting to be unleashed in 2020, what was I thinking?

I guess good spread zone blocking spread scheme that helps the shizz Oline, feeding several RB's the rock, being a good consistent intermediate spread passing team that uses Brevin along with the WR's to move the chains consistently, that picks it time to take deep shots down the field is a recipe for failure.. I admit I'm wrong man, it's silly of me to think you gotta set a realistic goal of what you can be successful at with the roster you got..

IMO you want an offense that can go fast when it wants to and go slow when it wants to. Sounds basic but the inability to ball control is why Chip Kelly sucked in the NFL.

Definitely prefer the smash mouth spread. It relies on recruiting talent and creates a culture. Both things that benefit Miami.

Miami can recruit nationally, and should selectively do so. Stay in-State for the athletes you want in space, because you can grab hungry 3 stars with measurables and still produce. And you’ll still get the occasional local and national studs.

it’s also easiest for the QBs to learn. And it allows for good run/pass balance. That’s important to get running backs enough touches.

Downside: Fans will be disappointed Miami won’t be TEU anymore

That noted ...

Pro-style is, likely, what Diaz wants. But it requires high intellect at QB and a mature kid playing the position. I know Burrow is putting up video game numbers, but he’s also a 23-year old 5th-year senior. If Miami wants to go with that system, it’s time to start grabbing 2 QBs per cycle, sitting them the 1st year, and letting them know they won’t play until years 3-5, unless their special talents.

Gotta have smart linemen, and QB and WR have to be on the same page to maximize the pass concepts.

But with the right players, you look like LSU does this season.

Option spread is EXACTLY what the anti-spread Miami crowd is thinking when they oppose going to spread. It requires a special talent at QB to achieve the most success. And those kids are rare.

The power-spread works well when you have more talent than the opposition. Especially in the trenches. It also requires a running QB. As Dan Mullen says, he needs a willing QB, not a mobile QB. Being mobile just helps.

But the scheme is neutralized when teams have time to prepare for the angle blocking concepts, or have the DL good enough to win their match-ups. (Think Ohio State vs. Oregon). If you can’t make the opposing D drop the safety to defend the run, the offense is dead because they can’t get over the top.

Advertisement
Per this article at least, Clemson is running more of a smashmouth spread or power spread when they go deep. Personally if I had unlimited control of the offense I'd want to run what Greg Roman is running in Baltimore. 3 TE, 3 RB, power/option spread that opens up huge windows in the pass game. Thinking of our recruiting base and the types of QBs bred in South Florida (along with still being TE and RB U) I'd love to see it. Failing that, give me pro-spread, move the pieces around and exploit those mismatches all day long.
Finding a QB like Jackson is like the ultra rare treat of reaching into a really hot girl’s pants and finding a weener. Also, if you’re going to run the QB a lot, you better have some great backups, which is really tough these days.

Edit: I thought this was a PM with just me and ghost. I removed the stuff that made me look like a weirdo.

Finding a QB like Jackson is like the ultra rare treat of reaching into a really hot girl’s pants and finding a weener. Also, if you’re going to run the QB a lot, you better have some great backups, which is really tough these days.

Edit: I thought this was a PM with just me and ghost. I removed the stuff that made me look like a weirdo.

Another perfect post. But again you're not wrong.

Back in reality for 2020, who the **** is gonna be the Air Raid QB? Not Patrick Mohomes, and no one on the roster makes a pimple on his ***!!

reality is a Mullens type run first spread that best case gets you a good 250 plus yards a game on the ground and you scrape up close to another 200 yards per game thru the air.. that's around 450 yards a game give or take, and gets you close to a top 40 Offense.. Manny hire an OC that can get you in that ballpark and it's a amazing one year turn around..

Then you can build off that and work to a larger pass component spread in the years to come..
You guys fail to realize that a putrid system like Penos’s puts too much stress on everyone including the QB to be perfect. The great spread OCs have taken many scrap heap QBs over the years and put up a ton of yards and points.

Advertisement
I want that spread Taylor Rain ran back in the day
I knew we were kindred spirits. That exceptional exquisite woman never got the props she deserved. While the rest of the world was spazzing out over Jenna Jameson, a fledgling Legend was captivated by the short but spectacular body of work Ms. Rain assembled.

I’m sure she wound up on the meth circuit and later the Jesus Team if she was fortunate enough to live through a meth phase. But I prefer to remember her fondly.

I knew we were kindred spirits. That exceptional exquisite woman never got the props she deserved. While the rest of the world was spazzing out over Jenna Jameson, a fledgling Legend was captivated by the short but spectacular body of work Ms. Rain assembled.

I’m sure she wound up on the meth circuit and later the Jesus Team if she was fortunate enough to live through a meth phase. But I prefer to remember her fondly.
1577663570357.gif

Advertisement
What did Baylor run? I loved that offense

But also like Clemson/OSUs offense that seems to have tremendous balance and I feel don’t need premier oline talent

Awesome post - thanks
Definately enjoy the educational stuff that's posted here. We absolutely need to get up with the times offensively, but we also need to get the mean and nasty dudes back on the OL and DL. The U needs an upgrade on both sides.

Advertisement
Back