Ok talk me off the ledge....

I'll be worried if we get to July with 1 commit. Until then, keep on keeping on.

Advertisement
My bride always told me it isn't how you start, it is how you finish. While she did end up leaving me for a woman I would still rather be in the top 10 on signing day than in April.

Can't believe you are concerned at the moment. Usually, when they commit this early you just know it is worth almost nothing and they will play us with another hat on NSD. We have some new coaches who those more in the know on here say are good recruiters so need to give them the benefit of the doubt!

I wouldn't be too worried. It just so happens every kid Miami is after is waiting to make a commitment rather than just committing. Jacuzzi Brown being the wild card. A lot of the kids the staff is after (like 99%) of them, are waiting to commit. It's not like the staff has whiffed on their targets, they just aren't committing yet.

Advertisement
Peter Stormare Reaction GIF by American Gods

This is not going to be a top 10 or 15 class. It will be a small class. As long as pull good players at positions of need we will be fine. Almost half of all 5 stars are committed already.

Hey I’m with op.
I mean we should just keep doing what’s been working since Golden.

Advertisement
It is April 14, 2021, and we have exactly one verbally committed recruit. That puts us on par with Wake Forest, Indiana, and USF. Nearly every one of our “peers” has 8 to 10. What the heck is going on and when can we expect to rejoin the pack of the top 40?
So we just pulled one of the best recruiting classes in recent memory including 2 local 5 stars that nobody or their mother thought we had any chance of landing. We have one of the better offensive coordinators in the country who improved us significantly in a year where we had no spring and our WR play and OL play were average. We have big time QBs on the roster behind King and everyone knows it.

We significantly improved our defensive staff with the additions of Trob, Simpson and Bob Shoop. On top of that we have Diaz back at DC with more depth, talent, speed and experience than we have seen in good bit and you think that our recruiting is going to tank????

Get yo a$$ off that ledge son!!!!!!!

I think we can still sign a top 10 class. There are enough UM targets out there in the mid- to upper-90s to get us there. Manny almost pulled it off last year, before bringing in T-Rob and Aristide, and recruiting blue chips is what those coaches were brought here to do, above all else. I did not like to see Cleveland go, but I think we would have tried to keep him if we needed him. I think this staff has a plan, and even though I can't call who the signees will ultimately be, I do think they'll be with UM in December-January-February.

Signing multiple five stars again would be a more significant development to me than landing a top ten class. I need to be convinced that last year wasn't a one-off aberration. Give me a a couple 5*s, another couple guys with 97+ ratings, and I'll know this staff is cooking with gas.

Advertisement
OK, per Rivals, the Top 25 teams have 200 verbals, which is an average of 8 per team. The next 25 teams have 100, which is 4 per team. We are currently ranked #66 with our ONE verbal. ****, Northern Illinois is at #41 with 6 verbals, NONE of whom are 3-star or above.

You've seen Miami go on recruiting runs, where we get 4 or 5 or 6 recruits in a short period of time. As long as we evenly split between 3-star and 4-star verbals, we will be in the Top 15 of "average star rating", and as soon as we put up some quantity (as well as the quality), we should also be in the Top 10 to 15 range.

The key thing is that if Manny is talking about using up a few more 2022 ICs on transfers, then we will only get to a class of 20-22, which might keep us out of the final-final Top 10. If the NCAA gives us more ICs to use on transfers, though, this could be a special class.

From what I'm hearing, we should expect a run of verbals in June, when the dead period ends. And, I know I know, some could say "yeah, but other schools will get theirs too". But for the schools that already have 11 or more verbals (the top 4, and 7 of the top 13), they can't take a whole lot more. So we'll catch up.

The important thing to remember...most of Miami's targets are as-yet-uncommitted. If we were tying our fortunes to trying to flip 20 guys, I'd be more worried.
The only thing I could think of after reading this was “gaytor maths”

It is April 14, 2021, and we have exactly one verbally committed recruit. That puts us on par with Wake Forest, Indiana, and USF. Nearly every one of our “peers” has 8 to 10. What the heck is going on and when can we expect to rejoin the pack of the top 40?
You’re right it’s over. Here you go.
4768DD48-6EB8-4204-817E-1F409D5CCE9D.gif

Advertisement
By my count 156 of the top 247 remain uncommitted. And I bet many of those 91 committed kids will be signing with a team other than the one they are committed to.

So either jump or man the fvck up, OP.
No need to jump now. Just hand him a box lunch every so often while he stays on the ledge. And some fresh underwear every now and then. Why rush into such a decision?

Signing multiple five stars again would be a more significant development to me than landing a top ten class. I need to be convinced that last year wasn't a one-off aberration. Give me a a couple 5*s, another couple guys with 97+ ratings, and I'll know this staff is cooking with gas.
Swapping in TRob and Aristide should only help bolster this...

but truthfully looking at the 5 stars that were targeting the best shot I thought we had initially was with Kamari Wilson but I don’t know if he has the will to overcome the incredible bag Jawja is willing to drop to be their ONLY safety in their class

Shemar Stewart I now feel is our only realistic chance... he’s fixing to see TWO guys at his exact position get drafted in the first round next week and another day 2 early. If the kid is serious about making plays and going into the nfl developed and ready it’s a no brainer.

My bride always told me it isn't how you start, it is how you finish. While she did end up leaving me for a woman I would still rather be in the top 10 on signing day than in April.

Can't believe you are concerned at the moment. Usually, when they commit this early you just know it is worth almost nothing and they will play us with another hat on NSD. We have some new coaches who those more in the know on here say are good recruiters so need to give them the benefit of the doubt!
I can’t get past the second sentence....

Advertisement
Back