Ok talk me off the ledge....

I'm not worried AT ALL!!! With Rumph now in our recruiting department formulating recruiting strategy I expect things to really start to pop off a few weeks before ESD. Patience young grasshoppers.....

Relax its a joke

Advertisement
It is April 14, 2021, and we have exactly one verbally committed recruit. That puts us on par with Wake Forest, Indiana, and USF. Nearly every one of our “peers” has 8 to 10. What the heck is going on and when can we expect to rejoin the pack of the top 40?
Who gives a **** we had the #1 class at the start of the new recruiting year for like 5 years straight and it never ended well. Better having none then 25 to have 15 decommits

We just hired these guys
JOBnE69f_400x400.jpg

Ishmael Aristide.jpg

And got rid of these two
coachrumph.jpg

FIU_UM_DAV6.jpeg

I think we will be fine come December.

Advertisement
It is April 14, 2021, and we have exactly one verbally committed recruit. That puts us on par with Wake Forest, Indiana, and USF. Nearly every one of our “peers” has 8 to 10. What the heck is going on and when can we expect to rejoin the pack of the top 40?
Miami has a gazillion visits lined up in June and beyond. Dont stress it.

For a long time people complained about taking too many early commitments, now the complaint is that we are waiting too long. We got the position that it makes sense to take an early commitment for - QB.

I think we should be very comfortable with our position right now (obviously no inside knowledge). Honestly, it's pretty clear that Manny can recruit really well, which is strange since he wasn't great at it as a DC. He also filled up the staff with some good recruiters, I'm not worried and I don't think anyone else should be either.

Advertisement
This year I expect all commitments to be very late in the process. They've been on Covid lockdown since March 2020. This is the year, 2021, to take all 5 OV. GTFO of the house and go somewhere else. This is unlike any past years so hopefully Manny and Co dont play it the same way. Not the year to lay down the "If you visit elsewhere we go looking elsewhere" line. Gotta give these players a chance to get out of the house and go on vacation on someone elses dime.

Long story short, this staff doesn’t prioritize getting commits more than a year out. A lot of guys who are already “committed” to other schools have been for a while. Secondly, a lot of our current targets are out of town kids who haven’t taken visits or had much of a chance to meet with staff because the extended dead period. I would expect things to pick up over the next month and a half.

IMO, we are hunting a lot of big fish who haven't been able to take visits anywhere as of yet. We moved on from a couple of commits that it seems Simpson cooled on meaning to me he has other guys he knows he can get.

The flood gates will start to open after the BBQ in June and paradise this summer.

Advertisement
My advice is get off that ledge find one higher up then run full speed off.

Advertisement
Due to Covid, Miami should coast into a top 10 class. I was talking with parents of a HS senior who is a p5 prospect. They are legitimately concerned their kid won’t get a ship due to the limits. The ncaa may need to address this with scaled up counters for multiple years not just 2021. Something like 105 max in 2021,95 Max in 2022, 90 Max in 2023, 85 in 2024.

Also, why even worry about NSD now that kids can transfer? I’d keep recruiting kids even after NSD. “Wow it snowed in Nebraska in September. Dang, can you imagine the blizzards in January?”

Advertisement
Back