Ok talk me off the ledge....

TpaBayFlyFisher

World Class Angler
Premium
It is April 14, 2021, and we have exactly one verbally committed recruit. That puts us on par with Wake Forest, Indiana, and USF. Nearly every one of our “peers” has 8 to 10. What the heck is going on and when can we expect to rejoin the pack of the top 40?

Advertisement
It is April 14, 2021, and we have exactly one verbally committed recruit. That puts us on par with Wake Forest, Indiana, and USF. Nearly every one of our “peers” has 8 to 10. What the heck is going on and when can we expect to rejoin the pack of the top 40?
If we still have one verbal at the end of June, then you can start to panic.

bruh no one has been able to visit any schools. recruiting isnt going wild anywhere

Advertisement
not afraid jump off a ledge GIF

It’s dead for the 50 teams ahead of us too......

OK, per Rivals, the Top 25 teams have 200 verbals, which is an average of 8 per team. The next 25 teams have 100, which is 4 per team. We are currently ranked #66 with our ONE verbal. ****, Northern Illinois is at #41 with 6 verbals, NONE of whom are 3-star or above.

You've seen Miami go on recruiting runs, where we get 4 or 5 or 6 recruits in a short period of time. As long as we evenly split between 3-star and 4-star verbals, we will be in the Top 15 of "average star rating", and as soon as we put up some quantity (as well as the quality), we should also be in the Top 10 to 15 range.

The key thing is that if Manny is talking about using up a few more 2022 ICs on transfers, then we will only get to a class of 20-22, which might keep us out of the final-final Top 10. If the NCAA gives us more ICs to use on transfers, though, this could be a special class.

From what I'm hearing, we should expect a run of verbals in June, when the dead period ends. And, I know I know, some could say "yeah, but other schools will get theirs too". But for the schools that already have 11 or more verbals (the top 4, and 7 of the top 13), they can't take a whole lot more. So we'll catch up.

The important thing to remember...most of Miami's targets are as-yet-uncommitted. If we were tying our fortunes to trying to flip 20 guys, I'd be more worried.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nothing is certain in crootin but i rather have 1 solid commitment compared to being the #1 ranked recruiting class in the off season all to lose those players closer to signing day a la the Golden years
Exactly man... Ppl are really acting like we didn't go through an entire era of having so many commits early and having the top class all summer only to end up A$$'D OUT.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back