Ok talk me off the ledge....

Without giving away too much info (and since I want to come across like I know something - lol) expect a lot of increased activity between now and signing day with some surprises and disappointments. Hearing that relationships are being built left and right and both on and off the field. Hearing that staff is not just pushing, but pushing hard. Hearing that the staff is being more selective this go around.
Hearing that some recruits do want to see what kind of team we put on the field this season (and shockingly they also want to see the same from other teams being considered).

Advertisement
66638314-D45F-4C42-9AD6-BF6E0B516CD3.jpeg

I would have been worried in any other year. But a year without a junior day, without campus visits, without officials until June, ... I just don't feel the urgency. June, July and August are our money months this year. We need to lock down the South Florida kids before game one of their senior football season. So I only worry if we're looking bad going into August.

Advertisement
I can’t argue with OP. I don’t think it’s crazy to worry at least a little bit. Some of these schools are piling up some pretty highly rated guys.
There are at least a few we are already looking to need a flip to get. So IMO there is a fair reason to worry.

We have no one from south Florida, those dudes don’t need to OV here, they have all been here, A LOT. You would think we’d at least have more commits than decommits.

I trust the theory of waiting until June, but I’d hate to see us put all our eggs in the “let’s see how the season goes” bag when game one could be ugly. Like ugly ugly. so here’s to hoping June and July are like no other!

A lot the guys we are in it for haven’t been to campus in at least a 1..and to other schools possibly never..our fans, the ones who start threads like these quite possibly have been in a comatose state for all of 2020 so let’s be nice

I can’t argue with OP. I don’t think it’s crazy to worry at least a little bit. Some of these schools are piling up some pretty highly rated guys.
There are at least a few we are already looking to need a flip to get. So IMO there is a fair reason to worry.

We have no one from south Florida, those dudes don’t need to OV here, they have all been here, A LOT. You would think we’d at least have more commits than decommits.

I trust the theory of waiting until June, but I’d hate to see us put all our eggs in the “let’s see how the season goes” bag when game one could be ugly. Like ugly ugly. so here’s to hoping June and July are like no other!
FSU is one taking committments from kids who like never been on campus let alone other campuses

Advertisement
We are obviously trying to figure out needs, class size & who to target.. Nothing wrong with building relationships & slow playing if we feel confident we win in the fall.

I’d rather take this approach than get dragged come December because we have a top 15 de commit class.

Advertisement
OP really just want to see some pants down n booty gifs 🤦🏾‍♂️

DO NOT! I REPEAT DO NOT TALK HIM OFF THE LEDGE...

May he rest in peace
Over It Abandon Thread GIF

Advertisement
Could it be possible Manny is telling commits to stay silent, so as to not draw attention to themselves? Or maybe the staff is being more selective? Manny might be trying to avoid the scenario that played out the last few years, where we were #1 or close to that in the beginning of the year only to end up outside of the top 10 after NSD, with our decommit class being all-world. Maybe Manny is trying something new to stop recruits from using us to boost themselves up early on to pick up offers from other teams and then leave us hanging and scrambling.

It does seem like we should have more commits by now, especially with all the coaching upgrades we made. Nothing to panic about but definitely something to monitor.

GO CANES!!!

Without giving away too much info (and since I want to come across like I know something - lol) expect a lot of increased activity between now and signing day with some surprises and disappointments. Hearing that relationships are being built left and right and both on and off the field. Hearing that staff is not just pushing, but pushing hard. Hearing that the staff is being more selective this go around.
Hearing that some recruits do want to see what kind of team we put on the field this season (and shockingly they also want to see the same from other teams being considered).

OP, we are totally fūcked in recruiting. Even Rutgers is kicking our ***.

Jumping is your best option.

Here's a primer:

D681FA6B-B460-4E8B-B137-5983C0C9EB86.gif

Advertisement
Back