OK, so it's over... the season and the Diazster era..

Advertisement
Do the changes include a move to the SEC? Not much ā€œbig time college footballā€ being played in the ACC

"Disaster era" brought us best Offense we have had in 20 years. But OK..
the-rock-is-a-troll.jpg

Humorous that Diaz's time as coach will be defined by going 0-3 against Mack Brown, the man who fired him, and UNC. If he went 3-0, the narrative would've been completely different, and he'd be keeping his job.

Hard to deny that he did some good things bringing some playmakers in, especially on the offensive side of the ball, but guy clearly didn't have what it takes to cut it as HC, had too much of an amateur demeanor on the sidelines, was stubbornly hands on with the defense, and consistently failed in regards to preparation.

I believe, ultimately, Diaz had some ideas of how to fix some of the issues that plagued the program, but completely failed in the overall execution.

Advertisement
To see us 7-5, needing miracles to even be 7-5, w/ this much raw talentā€¦.

Man, this season hurts. It hurts more than last yr & 2019. This was our yr, and **** near every pundit had us finishing 1st or 2nd in the ACC Coastal. Everything lined up for us to win the ACC title this yr exceptā€¦.our on field play.

I swear to God This BOT better not try to rationalize that we played better down the stretch to keep this dude. He needs to be gone by no later than Monday.

Advertisement
"Disaster era" brought us best Offense we have had in 20 years. But OK..

Lol I thought the dude who actually brought that offense was offered a head coach job someplace else?

Manny is responsible for one of the the worse tackling teams in D1 football. Oh and turn over chain while getting beat on National TVā€¦

Advertisement
To see us 7-5, needing miracles to even be 7-5, w/ this much raw talentā€¦.

Man, this season hurts. It hurts more than last yr & 2019. This was our yr, and **** near every pundit had us finishing 1st or 2nd in the ACC Coastal. Everything lined up for us to win the ACC title this yr exceptā€¦.our on field play.

I swear to God This BOT better not try to rationalize that we played better down the stretch to keep this dude. He needs to be gone by no later than Monday.
But But But Zo is on staff 100%.. Mario is coming home cause his wife said so.... The roundtable wasn't a paid advert for Crowdit.... Don't you watch Youtube.. They said so so it must be true.... LMAO!!!!!
Ian Mcshane Starz GIF by American Gods

Humorous that Diaz's time as coach will be defined by going 0-3 against Mack Brown, the man who fired him, and UNC. If he went 3-0, the narrative would've been completely different, and he'd be keeping his job.

Hard to deny that he did some good things bringing some playmakers in, especially on the offensive side of the ball, but guy clearly didn't have what it takes to cut it as HC, had too much of an amateur demeanor on the sidelines, was stubbornly hands on with the defense, and consistently failed in regards to preparation.

I believe, ultimately, Diaz had some ideas of how to fix some of the issues that plagued the program, but completely failed in the overall execution.

for me, it will always be 4th and 14 and 17. Those are among his defining moments...

And 800 yards given up at home. Multiple beat downs and non competitive games. And oh yeah, the worse tackling ever seen. So bad we had players become memes. One side of the ball will win you nothing.

this year showed me one thing -- that under Manny our ceiling as a program is consistent 3 and 4 loss seasons (where the good offenses shred his very flawed scheme).

Who knows maybe that what Miami is destined to be

But I'd like to roll the dice and see if they can hit a home run in their next hire and really ramp up the AD overall. I really do think Manny would've been better off having had a few years under his belt as a head coach at Temple, or wherever. This is a very tough gig to start off your head coaching career

While the defensive side of the depth chart has some gaping holes, Im convinced that this is NOT a 5 year rebuild for a solid coach and staff

Advertisement
I dont know about you guys, but the season played out in three parts for me..

1- The Bama loss. A dose of harsh reality that UM isn't that program and Diaz aint the coach

2- Mich St loss. Diaz is cooked

3- the rest of the season which was all about the ascension of TVD, who literally went on an unprecedented statistical run for a Miami QB. He and this offense were really the only reason to watch this team from late September on

He alone makes this job attractive

But yeah, the Manny Diaz era is over. It's really that simple. And moving forward, Miami isn't just getting a new coach, but I hope ushering in a new age where they are really playing 'big-time college football'. From top to bottom, the university needs to really commit and fortify the athletic department (and we as fans/donors/season ticket holders) need to do our part moving forward.

Seriously, it didn't seem all THAT long ago I was getting ready to watch the opening game. This season seemed to just breeze by, especially as we lost hope during the early ACC conference play.

Anyways, time to turn the page

I'm not getting my hopes up on the Diazster era being over until Miami proves its ain't gonna Miami...

Yea, Iā€™m not holding my breathe. Iā€™ll believe itā€™s over when heā€™s actually gone. Until that point, Iā€™ll be expecting TA&M to push our **** in another big game no show, with Manny saying ā€œThis is what they do to peopleā€ during the post game.

Last edited:
Yā€™all are setting yourselves up for some major disappointment, multiple big jobs open, overpaying on extensions and a solid finish w/a bowl gameā€¦he ainā€™t getting fired.

Iā€™m looking at this from an administratorā€™s perspective and will gladly eat crow
If Iā€™m wrong.

this year showed me one thing -- that under Manny our ceiling as a program is consistent 3 and 4 loss seasons (where the good offenses shred his very flawed scheme).

Who knows maybe that what Miami is destined to be

But I'd like to roll the dice and see if they can hit a home run in their next hire and really ramp up the AD overall. I really do think Manny would've been better off having had a few years under his belt as a head coach at Temple, or wherever. This is a very tough gig to start off your head coaching career

While the defensive side of the depth chart has some gaping holes, Im convinced that this is NOT a 5 year rebuild for a solid coach and staff
That can be fixed with 5 portal guys nexr fall.

Advertisement
Back