OK, so it's over... the season and the Diazster era..

The biggest difference to me is in the trenches and the DBs specifically corners

there's a lot of truth in that, but I do wonder how we would've fared with Bama with the TVD Air Raid we saw in the past 6 weeks. And to be clear, Im not second guessing starting King in week 1 -- that was the obvious choice that everyone else would've made. That part is NOT a knock at Manny

But defensively, regardless of our shortcomings, we were never in that game...

Advertisement
The 2 million
So money won’t be an object when it comes to making an offer to Mario, but we need to wait until 12/1 to fire Manny to save $2 million. Yeah I’m gonna go ahead and call bull****.
We have found money in Lashlee, Likens and Justice leaving, use that money. Like Pitbull, spending Manana’s Money!

anyone else notice how more than one team has battled the Crimson Tide pretty tough this season. Meanwhile, UM was out of the game in about 10 minutes. To me, that's telling.

To be fair, King was not the same kid after injury, Harris was our RB, Hall and Bolden played like crap, and our OL was a shambles. Those have all been addressed or improved. Of course, you can't fix our LB and CB problems midseason. Still, I think we would play a much better game today than at the start of the season. They would still shred Manny's defense. But not quite as easily. And our O would give them a lot of trouble.

anyone else notice how more than one team has battled the Crimson Tide pretty tough this season. Meanwhile, UM was out of the game in about 10 minutes. To me, that's telling.
Relatively speaking, this was a rebuilding year for Bama, and a down year for Clemson which means he had a path to the ACC Title that didn’t require beating Dabo. The cards were all lined up for Manny and he **** the bed.

Advertisement
An average D with TVD against Meatchicken State and we might be a one loss team. That game was close until they pulled away late.

agreed.

put another way: does anybody in their right mind think that if the TVD that developed into the QB that walked off the field yesterday at Duke, started the games against MSU, UVa, and UNC, we don't win each of those games by at least 10 points?

I dont know about you guys, but the season played out in three parts for me..

1- The Bama loss. A dose of harsh reality that UM isn't that program and Diaz aint the coach

2- Mich St loss. Diaz is cooked

3- the rest of the season which was all about the ascension of TVD, who literally went on an unprecedented statistical run for a Miami QB. He and this offense were really the only reason to watch this team from late September on

He alone makes this job attractive

But yeah, the Manny Diaz era is over. It's really that simple. And moving forward, Miami isn't just getting a new coach, but I hope ushering in a new age where they are really playing 'big-time college football'. From top to bottom, the university needs to really commit and fortify the athletic department (and we as fans/donors/season ticket holders) need to do our part moving forward.

Seriously, it didn't seem all THAT long ago I was getting ready to watch the opening game. This season seemed to just breeze by, especially as we lost hope during the early ACC conference play.

Anyways, time to turn the page
Is it really over though?

Advertisement
The 2 million

We have found money in Lashlee, Likens and Justice leaving, use that money. Like Pitbull, spending Manana’s Money!
Why on earth would they do that? Don't be surprised when it's all said and done, we'll be paying SMU to get Lashlee back.

I'm starting to think all this promised money comes with a whole lot of stipulations.

Advertisement
agreed.

put another way: does anybody in their right mind think that if the TVD that developed into the QB that walked off the field yesterday at Duke, started the games against MSU, UVa, and UNC, we don't win each of those games by at least 10 points?
I didn't think much about it at the time, but starting him against Alabama might have been the way to go. King wasn't healthy anyway. TVD had all offseason as the #1 guy, but they rushed King back only to, ultimately, restrict our O.

No, we probably wouldn't have had a prayer against Alabama anyway, but seeing the chemistry between TVD and the WRs tells me they worked really, really hard in the offseason. They might have been able to keep Alabama's D honest, at least.

I have little doubt we'd have won the Coastal had they not rushed King back and let TVD take his lumps against Alabama. At the time I was probably as concerned as most about starting an inexperienced TVD over King. However, I also thought King was healthier than he was, and I wasn't at practices seeing TVD make his throws. You know the staff saw what he could do, but again, they played favorites and politics. They went with optics, again, to placate the fans. They remember how fans said Golden had a built in excuse when he started Brad Kaaya. ****, that might have been the one thing he got right here. Diaz, like all politicians, wets his finger, sticks it in the air, and sees which way the public opinion winds are blowing. Then he makes a decision that is "popular", not right.

Why on earth would they do that? Don't be surprised when it's all said and done, we'll be paying SMU to get Lashlee back.

I'm starting to think all this promised money comes with a whole lot of stipulations.
Not a doubt in my mind that nothing really changes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back