Ohio State and the CFP!!!

Ohio State is gonna get exposed in the playoffs....

I watched a couple of their games this year. Their defense is soft as pudding, their O-line is pedestrian as **** & their RBs are pretty meh compared to what OSU usually has. What's helping them is Justin Fields is a freakshow player & they have horses at WR. Clemson/Bama will drop 60 on them in the playoffs.
And if they do they do. Let’s not act like they wouldn’t have beat the **** out of Michigan had they played. It is what it is. They still have to beat Northwestern.

Advertisement
Clemson lost so until they beat ND, they aren’t in. I would also have a problem with a 1 loss OSU especially short a game.

You’re missing the point. By you saying body of work doesn’t matter, these teams are already in and playing the games doesn’t mean anything.

The NBA had nothing to do with the Big 10 decision and I am not sure I would qualify what they did as success. It had everything to do with the Big 10 thinking they could dictate to the other conferences how to handle Covid. They had to totally reverse course when the ACC/SEC proved it could be managed and still play games.
Your last sentence proved my point regarding the ACC and others. But I digress......you win.

You’re missing the point. By you saying body of work doesn’t matter, these teams are already in and playing the games doesn’t mean anything.
I am not saying body of work doesn’t matter. But its a COVID season. It’s not the norm. If OSU played Michigan this weekend they would have smashed them and we wouldn’t have this thread. The point is Michigan pulled out because of COVID. You can’t punish OSU for that.

I am not saying body of work doesn’t matter. But its a COVID season. It’s not the norm. If OSU played Michigan this weekend they would have smashed them and we wouldn’t have this thread. The point is Michigan pulled out because of COVID. You can’t punish OSU for that.

You can certainly punish OSU for only playing 6 games. It’s the Big 10’s fault, they made the choice to only play a couple games. OSU is part of the Big 10 they can be punished. When a company makes a bad decision or goes bankrupt and has to lay off employees, does the employee get a say? No. You are at the mercy of the organization you are apart of. If you don’t like it, leave.

Advertisement
You can certainly punish OSU for only playing 6 games. It’s the Big 10’s fault, they made the choice to only play a couple games. OSU is part of the Big 10 they can be punished. When a company makes a bad decision or goes bankrupt and has to lay off employees, does the employee get a say? No. You are at the mercy of the organization you are apart of. If you don’t like it, leave.
The Big 10 should have opted in earlier and the NCAA should have mandated that they get 6 games. But for me COVID changes things. They were on course to play 6 games but couldn’t because an opponent opted out. They can play another team and win and it won’t change anything. They are one of the best teams and have been for years. I don’t know if Texas A&M is that good. They don’t have history. We will see what’s up with Florida in a week or so. We won’t need to worry about Clemson if ND beats them again. If ND losses, oh well. The beat Clemson without Lawrence. I hate OSU but they have a history of being a top team so I give them the benefit in crazy season like this.

Here’s the deal and this comes from a source high up in the Buckeye football ops department. The conference is considering canceling the Northwestern -Illinois game this week to allow the Wildcats the same amount of rest as Ohio State. There was also discussion of cancelling the Northwestern-Illinois game, finding and opponent for the Illini and having type Buckeyes play northwestern this week and Michigan next week. Once they decided on the five game rule, that idea went away.

Here’s the deal and this comes from a source high up in the Buckeye football ops department. The conference is considering canceling the Northwestern -Illinois game this week to allow the Wildcats the same amount of rest as Ohio State. There was also discussion of cancelling the Northwestern-Illinois game, finding and opponent for the Illini and having type Buckeyes play northwestern this week and Michigan next week. Once they decided on the five game rule, that idea went away.
So the point is OSU would have beaten anyone in the Big 10 so they would have been eligible anyway.

Advertisement
Too bad OSU doesn’t have the sack to play OU- Riley wants it.
At this point there is a fatigue to this season. OU has nothing to play for so of course they would want that game. Why in the world would OSU want that game. I was okay with us settling for the Duke game for the same reason. Why should we have played a team like BYU or Cincy? Those teams are outside of the conference and we had Covid concerns.

At this point there is a fatigue to this season. OU has nothing to play for so of course they would want that game. Why in the world would OSU want that game. I was okay with us settling for the Duke game for the same reason. Why should we have played a team like BYU or Cincy? Those teams are outside of the conference and we had Covid concerns.
Bc playing either BYU or Cincy would’ve been sick that’s why.

Advertisement
Your last sentence proved my point regarding the ACC and others. But I digress......you win.
I wasn’t trying to “win” and I mostly agree with you. I just didn’t think the NBA reference was relevant. Other than that, you were spot on.

Playing an undefeated team beating them enhancing ur resume for the playoff. Beating Duke does nothing lol
No guarantees on that. Miami did the right thing given the circumstances and OSU is already a proven entity so there is no need to play a non Big Team.

Advertisement
Back