Ohio State and the CFP!!!

Ohio State deserves to be penalized for being in a Conference that fumbled the ball on how to proceed with the season.

Also, I could understand maybe considering them if they would have blown out Indiana but the Hoosiers pointed out many deficiencies in the Buckeyes' game this season.

Advertisement
These are the 5 games Ohio State has won:

Nebraska (2-4), Penn State (2-5), Rutgers (2-5), and Indiana (6-1), Michigan State (2-4).

All but ONE of their wins came against terrible teams...

They should definitely not be in the playoff discussion at all. I could care less what talent they have on their team.

We all know the Big 10 has garbage competition every year, but they’ve been extremely bad this year.

Their indecisive conference made their bed at the beginning of the season when they changed their minds to finally play football after everyone else started 3 weeks prior.

Some will cry if they’re left out of the playoffs, but we all know they’ll lose in the first round like they always do, regardless of the opponent.

Watching canes hoops game on ESPN. They are already spreading the narrative that o state should be in

This bizarre argument that any program should be given breaks on number of games played is ridiculous. The argument that a conference should change rules near the end of the season for the sole benefit of one team is equally ridiculous. The best teams need to win their division, conference, and ideally go undefeated, not beg for rule changes.

The fan boys arguing for an unproven Ohio State to get in over teams that are unbeaten and played many more games makes no sense. By that same idiotic logic Texas A&M and Florida need to be in because they are going to have “close” games against the #1 seed. Today there are at least 5 teams more deserving than Ohio State. Even Coastal Carolina and Cincinnati arguably are more deserving.

You don’t see people claiming undefeated USC, Colorado, or Buffalo deserve a playoff spot. Probably because they have played weak schedules like Ohio State and haven’t played enough games...

Advertisement
I don't really care how many games OSU plays or doesn't play, everyone knows they're among the best 4 or 5 teams in the country. I'm not sure they deserve to be penalized for what's out of their control.

1. Alabama
2. Notre Dame
3. Clemson
4. Ohio State
5. aTm
6. Florida
7. Cincinnati
8. Miami (Fla.)
9. Georgia
10. OKlahoma
I 100% do not know that. Their defense isn't that great and they haven't beaten anybody.

You know a lot of this can be resolved pretty quickly with a one-time only 12 team playoff. Imagine the revenue it would bring to the NCAA if they made that announcement. The NY6 bowls can split the revenue evenly. They'd make up all that money lost to covid in the blink of an eye. Would be March Madness on steroids. Can televise them setting up the seeding and brackets. Talking head shows on ESPN and FOX would break records with their ratings and ad revenue would go through the stratosphere.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Miami could be undefeated and outside the top 6. No reason why we are not ahead of several teams.

UGA? Iowa state? LOL

I don't really care how many games OSU plays or doesn't play, everyone knows they're among the best 4 or 5 teams in the country. I'm not sure they deserve to be penalized for what's out of their control.

1. Alabama
2. Notre Dame
3. Clemson
4. Ohio State
5. aTm
6. Florida
7. Cincinnati
8. Miami (Fla.)
9. Georgia
10. OKlahoma
Choosing to not play the season, then changing their mind at a late date was in their control. At least at the conference level.

You know a lot of this can be resolved pretty quickly with a one-time only 12 team playoff. Imagine the revenue it would bring to the NCAA if they made that announcement. The NY6 bowls can split the revenue evenly. They'd make up all that money lost to covid in the blink of an eye. Would be March Madness on steroids. Can televise them setting up the seeding and brackets. Talking head shows on ESPN and FOX would break records with their ratings and ad revenue would go through the stratosphere.

i struggle to see how they would make it through a playoff with 10-12 teams.

with so many variables with testing, quarantines and tracing, to get through that many weeks without cancellations or postponements seems very difficult.

Advertisement

1. Alabama
2. Notre Dame
3. Clemson
4. Ohio State
5. aTm
6. Florida
7. Cincinnati
8. Miami (Fla.)
9. Georgia
10. OKlahoma
Seriously why is Cincy higher than 10? They have 0 power 5 victories which miami has 7? Makes no sense to me.

Choosing to not play the season, then changing their mind at a late date was in their control. At least at the conference level.

This is the problem I have with them changing the rules to benefit OSU. CFP money goes to the conference to split up, so of course the conference is gonna change the rules to get one of their teams to the CFP.

When the CFP didn’t set a national standard, they left the door open for this to happen. They are gonna shove the “eye test” narrative down our throat bc it’s OSU. Idc if they won every game 100-0, 6 games isn’t enough to play for a National championship.

i struggle to see how they would make it through a playoff with 10-12 teams.

with so many variables with testing, quarantines and tracing, to get through that many weeks without cancellations or postponements seems very difficult.
How would they get through 3-4weeks of football?

Advertisement
How would they get through 3-4weeks of football?

Yes. Games are being cancelled at an alarming rate the last few weeks. Even the NFL is having issues with cases and moving games to tuesdays and wednesdays.

3-4 weeks is another month of playing, so mid-January, and that's if they start this weekend. They aren't. If they wait 2 weeks until conference games are over, you're at end of January and competing with NFL playoffs as well as having to get through another 4-6 weeks with kids not getting infected and having more games moved......which includes another holiday with people getting together.

Yes. Games are being cancelled at an alarming rate the last few weeks. Even the NFL is having issues with cases and moving games to tuesdays and wednesdays.

3-4 weeks is another month of playing, so mid-January, and that's if they start this weekend. They aren't. If they wait 2 weeks until conference games are over, you're at end of January and competing with NFL playoffs as well as having to get through another 4-6 weeks with kids not getting infected and having more games moved......which includes another holiday with people getting together.
Halloween, Thanksgiving, Holiday shopping in packed stores, and in cold weather areas ppl are packed indoors, a spike was inevitable. Thats why the Big 10 and Pac 12 shouldnt be given any concessions from the CFP committee, unless they get creative and schedule games against contenders.

1. Alabama
2. Notre Dame
3. Clemson
4. Ohio State
5. aTm
6. Florida
7. Cincinnati
8. Miami (Fla.)
9. Georgia
10. OKlahoma
Whoa, wait your horses. The Big freaking Ten had an opportunity to get on board with the rest of college football at the very beginning but they decided to grandstand and wouldn't allow any of their teams to play. Then they saw how the NBA succeeded, and how the ACC and other conferences made it work in the beginning then they decided to join the party.....late.

***** them! Meet the minimum number of games or no playoffs. Should have thought about this from the very start. The NCAA should not make any concessions. And I don't care if they are the best team, they should have run the gauntlet like all of the other qualifying teams.

Advertisement
Back