Ohio State and the CFP!!!

Ohio State is ******* good...no question about it.

If they had to play a full season and avoid major injuries, or major losses to the roster due to Covid-19, etc., there's no doubt they would deserve it. To allow them to play in the playoff after watching what Coastal did, or even Cincinnati this year...is probably the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen the NCAA and CFP committee do.

I think some lines have to be drawn

Advertisement
Now the BIG10 is trying to change the rules. Their committee is meeting to allow OSU to play for the BIG10 title with only 5 games instead of the required 6.

Now the BIG10 is trying to change the rules. Their committee is meeting to allow OSU to play for the BIG10 title with only 5 games instead of the required 6.
We would want the ACC to do the same if we knew we were the best team in the conference but had games canceled.

Kids did nothing wrong. Crap year just let them play it out. Coastal and Cincy? Nice year here is a nice bowl but competition wise just weak. I did like some posters saying OSU play in game with Cincy. I like that idea but they won't because if Cincy wins there would be people calling to expand the ridiculous 4 team format.

If Ohio State doesnt schedule a game they should be eliminated. Coastal and BYU did it quickly and played probably the 2nd best game of the year.

I said it a week or so ago, Ohio State and Cincy need to schedule a game for either to be considered for a playoff spot. I also like the idea of Ohio State playing Texas A&M. If there is any year to be creative its this one. To let any team get in the playoffs without a conference title and playing only 5 games would be a freakin joke.
All I will say is that OSU is one of the top 4 teams in CFB. They have prove to be so for a long time now. I am just not sure the could be a legitimate winner if they don’t have a chance to compete in it.

All I will say is that OSU is one of the top 4 teams in CFB. They have prove to be so for a long time now. I am just not sure the could be a legitimate winner if they don’t have a chance to compete in it.

Past years don’t count. The playoff committee is supposed to judge every team on this year, and this year alone. No reasonable person can argue that OSU being 5-0 has proven to be a top 4 team in the country. They have 1 “quality” win against a team that has zero quality wins. The Big 10 is a joke this year. We have a better resume than OSU.

Advertisement
We would want the ACC to do the same if we knew we were the best team in the conference but had games canceled.

Kids did nothing wrong. Crap year just let them play it out. Coastal and Cincy? Nice year here is a nice bowl but competition wise just weak. I did like some posters saying OSU play in game with Cincy. I like that idea but they won't because if Cincy wins there would be people calling to expand the ridiculous 4 team format.

As long as ND could still get in, the ACC brass wouldn't care. They'd just claim the Domers are the ACC rep.

Miami could be undefeated and outside the top 6. No reason why we are not ahead of several teams.

UGA? Iowa state? LOL
UGA I'm not surprised about its the Iowa State that blows me. The sad thing is win or lose vs OU won't matter for us because OU will jump us with a win.

UGA I'm not surprised about its the Iowa State that blows me. The sad thing is win or lose vs OU won't matter for us because OU will jump us with a win.
ISU a good football team. Nobody really played OOC this year so it is hard to gauge how good we are. Honestly, do we know if we could beat ISU or Oklahoma? At times this year we looked like a Big XII school and then they go and mess with our heads by playing defense against Duke.

I just want to crush UNC and play in New Years bowl...Doing that after last year and not even knowing if we would have a 2020 season would be pretty sweet in my book. Good recruiting class it is looking like then let's build on this year.

Advertisement

I see your point, but that conference had every opportunity to start the season at the same time as the SEC and ACC. All of a sudden half way through the year they see the success our conferences were having and decided "oh no we can play now too.."

The Big Ten is so ******* stupid, they should've let Nebraska play Chattanooga earlier in the season so Ohio State could avoid this problem. They hate Nebraska so much, they cut their noses off to spite their face

Whoa, wait your horses. The Big freaking Ten had an opportunity to get on board with the rest of college football at the very beginning but they decided to grandstand and wouldn't allow any of their teams to play. Then they saw how the NBA succeeded, and how the ACC and other conferences made it work in the beginning then they decided to join the party.....late.

***** them! Meet the minimum number of games or no playoffs. Should have thought about this from the very start. The NCAA should not make any concessions. And I don't care if they are the best team, they should have run the gauntlet like all of the other qualifying teams.
The NBA had nothing to do with the Big 10 decision and I am not sure I would qualify what they did as success. It had everything to do with the Big 10 thinking they could dictate to the other conferences how to handle Covid. They had to totally reverse course when the ACC/SEC proved it could be managed and still play games.

Advertisement
Past years don’t count. The playoff committee is supposed to judge every team on this year, and this year alone. No reasonable person can argue that OSU being 5-0 has proven to be a top 4 team in the country. They have 1 “quality” win against a team that has zero quality wins. The Big 10 is a joke this year. We have a better resume than OSU.
I hate OSU as much as anyone but OSU is a top 4 team. OSU’s body of work is never really that great yet they always compete well in the playoffs. Unfortunately, with COVID some rules have to be adjusted.

I hate OSU as much as anyone but OSU is a top 4 team. OSU’s body of work is never really that great yet they always compete well in the playoffs. Unfortunately, with COVID some rules have to be adjusted.
Shaking Head No GIF by GIPHY News

If body of work doesn’t matter, they shouldn’t even play the games. Just put in Bama, Clemson, and OSU. Let all the other lowly schools compete for the final spot.

Advertisement
If body of work doesn’t matter, they shouldn’t even play the games. Just put in Bama, Clemson, and OSU. Let all the other lowly schools compete for the final spot.
The final spot will go to nd even with a loss in the acccg. They went undefeated. The playoff is already set imo.

The final spot will go to nd even with a loss in the acccg. They went undefeated. The playoff is already set imo.

I meant in general. I was responding to, if body of work doesn’t matter and only how good a team “looks” there is no reason to ever play more than a spring game for those 3 teams.

Ohio State is gonna get exposed in the playoffs....

I watched a couple of their games this year. Their defense is soft as pudding, their O-line is pedestrian as **** & their RBs are pretty meh compared to what OSU usually has. What's helping them is Justin Fields is a freakshow player & they have horses at WR. Clemson/Bama will drop 60 on them in the playoffs.

Clemson lost so until they beat ND, they aren’t in. I would also have a problem with a 1 loss OSU especially short a game.

Advertisement
Back