Ohio State and the CFP!!!

JOE'CANE

Senior
If Ohio State doesnt schedule a game they should be eliminated. Coastal and BYU did it quickly and played probably the 2nd best game of the year.

I said it a week or so ago, Ohio State and Cincy need to schedule a game for either to be considered for a playoff spot. I also like the idea of Ohio State playing Texas A&M. If there is any year to be creative its this one. To let any team get in the playoffs without a conference title and playing only 5 games would be a freakin joke.

Advertisement
Can you change the name of your thread lol I was ready to come in here and call you a bunch of names til I read your post and it actually makes sense

The Big 10 is likely not going to let Ohio State schedule an out-of-conference game given their stance. At that point, Ohio State can't play in the conference title game, and as a result - should not be allowed to enter into the CFP. Here are the viable teams that are up for it:

Bama
Clemson
Notre Dame
UF (gross)
A&M
Miami

Let's assume that UF loses to Bama and that Clemson beats ND. That would allow Bama, Clemson, A&M and Miami (I'm not making the case that Miami) should go to the playoffs. Ask yourself if Ohio State would deserve to be in the CFN over any of the teams just mentioned. If it's in reverse and UF and ND win, I still wouldn't allow OSU in.

If Ohio State doesnt schedule a game they should be eliminated. Coastal and BYU did it quickly and played probably the 2nd best game of the year.

I said it a week or so ago, Ohio State and Cincy need to schedule a game for either to be considered for a playoff spot. I also like the idea of Ohio State playing Texas A&M. If there is any year to be creative its this one. To let any team get in the playoffs without a conference title and playing only 5 games would be a freakin joke.
That would be funny if the Big 10 allows it. Remember they didn't allow Nebraska to schedule an OOC game.

Advertisement
The Big 10 is likely not going to let Ohio State schedule an out-of-conference game given their stance. At that point, Ohio State can't play in the conference title game, and as a result - should not be allowed to enter into the CFP. Here are the viable teams that are up for it:

Bama
Clemson
Notre Dame
UF (gross)
A&M
Miami

Let's assume that UF loses to Bama and that Clemson beats ND. That would allow Bama, Clemson, A&M and Miami (I'm not making the case that Miami) should go to the playoffs. Ask yourself if Ohio State would deserve to be in the CFN over any of the teams just mentioned. If it's in reverse and UF and ND win, I still wouldn't allow OSU in.
If the Big 10 doesnt allow a big out of conference game then fine OSU is eliminated. I have no problem with that.

That would be funny if the Big 10 allows it. Remember they didn't allow Nebraska to schedule an OOC game.
This!! precedent has been set by Little 10 with Brasky. I am sure they will change the rules to let OSU in. I think the CFP committee will do it for them and then the L10 can stick to it's rules.

Advertisement
If the Big 10 doesnt allow a big out of conference game then fine OSU is eliminated. I have no problem with that.

The big thing with OSU is that do they have enough conference games to go to their conference title game. That seems to be the issue.

The NCAA is a freakin joke, so you're right above the target!

Advertisement
Season 9 Middle Finger GIF by Shameless
Big 10 vs Nebraksa

Advertisement
Big 10 has a weird setup this year. IF the Big 10 does not allow OSU to go to the BTCG then the second place teams in the divisions will play each other. OSU will play Wisconsin or Iowa. That would put them at 6-0 and you know they are going to blow out any team they play just to look good and unfortunately I think they make it. Magic number for them is 6.

As an OSU alum (and CANES Fan) with a douche bag Michigan brother-in-law, this seems to be the only way that Michigan can beat OSU these days.

I don't really care how many games OSU plays or doesn't play, everyone knows they're among the best 4 or 5 teams in the country. I'm not sure they deserve to be penalized for what's out of their control.

1. Alabama
2. Notre Dame
3. Clemson
4. Ohio State
5. aTm
6. Florida
7. Cincinnati
8. Miami (Fla.)
9. Georgia
10. OKlahoma

Advertisement
Back