Oh we gotta PUNTER punter

Advertisement
Obviously everything can change when the lights are on as we’ve seen the last few years, but a staff member told me recently “he’s fcking incredible”
I just showed my almost 13 yo daughter a picture of Hedley and her mouth dropped and she asked “Can’t he kick and do other things too???”

Please tell me we send him out as a captain for the gaytor game to greet Franks?

Maybe.

If he can do it during games, then we have a punter.

His average at the JUCO last year was okay. Just okay.

Hopefully he has improved.
Totally agree. JUCCO numbers weren't great. Hopefully his size helps his confidence. He shouldn't worry about getting blocked or contact. Just punt the ball, then go Jack someone up. Defenders better keep their head on a swivel.

Advertisement
Whenever someone tells me kickers don’t matter I want to punch them in the face. Ask FSU how much they matter. Ask Diaz how much they matter.

Our Aussie punter was at City College of San Francisco, a top football JUCO that attracts players from across the country. Puts a lot of players in Power 5 schools. It is indeed in a cold, windy and foggy part of the city very close to the stormy Pacific.

The University of San Francisco is a small Jesuit college that does not have a football team. It has a stellar very old history as a basketball powerhouse back in the day. Not so much today.

Trivia: (answers below)

A) who was the most famous football player at City College of San Francisco?

B) who was the most famous basketball player at University of San Francisco?

A. OJ Simpson.

B. Bill Russell.

Advertisement
What punters and kickers and even, to a lesser extent, QBs do in practice is not a very good predictor of what they’ll do in games. Guys at those positions, once they reach this level, can all excel in shorts.

The choke quotient is too high at those spots to get much of anything out of practice other than seeing their knowledge and work ethic.

Our Aussie punter was at City College of San Francisco, a top football JUCO that attracts players from across the country. Puts a lot of players in Power 5 schools. It is indeed in a cold, windy and foggy part of the city very close to the stormy Pacific.

The University of San Francisco is a small Jesuit college that does not have a football team. It has a stellar very old history as a basketball powerhouse back in the day. Not so much today.

Trivia: (answers below)

A) who was the most famous football player at City College of San Francisco?

B) who was the most famous basketball player at University of San Francisco?

A. OJ Simpson.

B. Bill Russell.
I knew both.

OJ grew up on Potrero Hill, a poor area, had a brother who worked as a doorman at a fancy hotel--can't remember which one. I used to pass by that hotel on the bus, wonder if the doorman I saw was his brother. OJ's father was kind of an effeminite *** man according to what I read years ago. Don't know if he had much contact with his father. His father was related to former Chicago Cubs great Ernie Banks.

Somewhere I read about the USF football program. Think they had some good teams before the program folded. That would have been back around the late '40's.

EDIT: The USF Don's dropped football after the '51 season. That last team was also it's most successful. It was 9-0, ranked 14th, and even turned down a bid from the Orange Bowl. It turned down an OB bid because the OB conditioned the bid on USF's agreement to not play it's two Black players. That last USF team had three future NFL Hall of Famers: Ollie Matson, Bob St. Clair, and Gino Marchetti.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Even though the O was trash our punt game made it difficult for us, we always lost the field position battle. This guy will fix those issues.
I've said it many times, field position is like the hot chicks fat friend. She isn't **** but she'll **** you all the same.

As good as our D was last year we ranked 6th worst in the country in opponents avg. starting field position. Thats a direct result of a limp **** offense and one of the worst punters we've ever had, and it cost us games.

A half-decent offense and a punter who will never register a negative punt with a Manny Diaz defense....we ******.

A lot of posters want to temper expectations around Headley as if what happened with Feagles is the norm. Feagles had the leg talent but was soft as cotton upstairs. I just don’t see Louis being mentally frail like that.

We don’t need him to be an all American. Just kick the ball straight, get solid hang time and hopefully **** some ppl up in the process, which I fully expect him to do. Anything else is gravy.

Advertisement
Hedley’s got better hang time than Kate Spade. I think I’m of the inclination that he can’t be worse than Fecals or the kid who replaced him and risked hitting a snake in the back of the head 10 yards down the field on every one of those nasty quail shots that meekly dribbled off his seemingly paraplegic right leg.

Advertisement
Back