Oh we gotta PUNTER punter

Advertisement
In Dallas, I made sure to watch the punter warm up during halftime because of the punting fiasco I saw during the first half - that was a big part of why we were down big.

Feagles was booming them even better than OP’s video. He could always boom the punts when warming up.

Moral of the story: punting in shorts by yourself is meaningless.

Lots of guys have big legs. Most of them can’t punt in real games.

I’m sure Hedley will be better in games (how could he be worse?) but we won’t know shlt unless it's an actual game, and he has players from the other team running at him.
I couldn't disagree more. It's not the only thing but if you can't punt in shorts you definitely can't punt in the game. Weak-minded people like Feagles are not the rule they are the exception and the way this guy carries himself I don't see him as weak-minded.

He definitely ******

Edit. Did you hear the way the ball came off his foot?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Maybe.

If he can do it during games, then we have a punter.

His average at the JUCO last year was okay. Just okay.

Hopefully he has improved.
If he had hang time like this example, what was the return yardage on his kicks? 40 yards with 0 return yardage is excellent. He also has videos showing how accurate he is at punting inside the 20.

Hedley

Note the hang times.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just hope we have someone technical working with him on his catch and [quick] steps. Feagles' practice punts looked far better than they did in games. Manny's staff is seemingly detailed about everything else, so I'd expect this to be the same. Talk about a ridiculous aspect of football to let put your defense in a hole.
I think Hedley has greatly improved his catch. In his older videos he double clutches the ball, but his most recent footage cleaned that up so it's one motion.

Advertisement
I can see it now.
First punt of the year they let a blocker through on purpose and hedley just drops the shoulder on him, gets the punt off, and looks at him and hits him with a “can you smell what the rock is cooking”

Obviously everything can change when the lights are on as we’ve seen the last few years, but a staff member told me recently “he’s fcking incredible”
Was da staff member talking bout his punting or his tats?

... if you can't punt in shorts you definitely can't punt in the game. ...

Obviously, if you can't punt in shorts you can’t punt in the game. Why do you even have to say this? That’s just common sense.

But I’ll stick to what I said. There are tons of guys that can kick the ball a long way in shorts, that would shlt their pants in a game.

Feagles was one of those guys.

I’m not saying Henley is or isn’t. I just don’t know.

I’m hoping he is. But the only real test will be in an actual game.

Put it this way, he better be kicking it a long way in shorts and by himself, because if he wasn’t, there would be no chance.

So yeah, he looks great now. And I hope he is the answer. And as an optimist, I think he’s the solution to the mess we saw last year. Fingers crossed. But I’m not gonna know until I see it in the game.

Advertisement
Back