Offseason OT: All time starting 11

Advertisement
You can disagree till 2090....Sapp is the best Interior DLman that ever played at UM.....
Butch was Jeromes position coach from 84-86.....Butch told me to my face that Sapp was the best ever at UM.....Im riding with that...
I'm riding with you Sapp is the best but we've been blessed with alot of great ones we splitting hairs

Jimmie Jones.

Maryland? I don’t think so. He came in as a 300 pound DL.
No. Maryland was a late reach with almost no offers when a lot of kids we thought we had locked up vanished on national signing day. There was a year we thought we had two or three Chicago kids set to sign with us and when we got their (proper spelling, Inday) Bob Karmelowicz had already signed them for Illinois. A couple of years later he was on our staff (without the bags.) Story I heard is we were after Frank Hartley and another guy who's name (again proper CiS usage) I forget and promptly at 9 am when Alexander was allowed to go into the house Karmelowicz was sitting there with the kid already signed.

A couple of years later Karmelowicz told me that was a "tough" recruitment. He didn't say why or how he had to deliver bags.

Back then, you actually took the papers to the kid. Remember the kid at Central and Coach Squeak and the dueling LOIs?

.EDIT: I'm pretty sure the other kid Karmelowicz stole from us that year was Mel Agee, a DE.

Last edited:
Advertisement
QB. Jim Kelly
RB. Willis McGahee
WR. Michael Irvin
WR. Andre Johnson
WR. Reggie Wayne
TE. Jeremy Shockey (Olsen strongly considered)
LT. Bryant McKinnie
LG. Brandon Linder (I’ll slide him over to guard)
C. Jim Otto
RG. Dennis Harrah
RT. Leon Searcy

DE. Ted Hendricks
DT. Warren Sapp
DT. Vince Wilfork
DE. Calais Campbell

LB. Ray Lewis
LB. Dan Morgan
LB. Jon Vilma

CB. Antrel Rolle
SS. Sean Taylor
FS. Ed Reed
CB. Benny Blades

KR. Devin Hester
K. Matt Bosher
P. Freddie Capshaw

QB. Jim Kelly
RB. Willis McGahee
WR. Michael Irvin
WR. Andre Johnson
WR. Reggie Wayne
TE. Jeremy Shockey (Olsen strongly considered)
LT. Bryant McKinnie
LG. Brandon Linder (I’ll slide him over to guard)
C. Jim Otto
RG. Dennis Harrah
RT. Leon Searcy

DE. Ted Hendricks
DT. Warren Sapp
DT. Vince Wilfork
DE. Calais Campbell

LB. Ray Lewis
LB. Dan Morgan
LB. Jon Vilma

CB. Antrel Rolle
SS. Sean Taylor
FS. Ed Reed
CB. Benny Blades

KR. Devin Hester
K. Matt Bosher
P. Freddie Capshaw
Bennie was a Safety

Not much love for Dennis Harrah at OG? All-American senior season, 1974. UM Hall of Famer. Rams 1st round pick, 11th overall. 6x Pro Bowler in the 70s/80s. Rams 40th anniversary team.

There were some great players on this awful teams.

Last edited:
Advertisement
QB: Jim Kelly
RB: Ottis Anderson, Edgerrin James
OT: Leon Searcy, Bryant McKinney
OG: Dennis Harrah, Chris Meyer (or Martin Bibla or ?)
C: Jim Otto
TE: Bubba Franks
WR: Eddie Brown, Michael Irvin

DE: Ted Hendricks, Danny Stubbs
DT: Warren Sapp, Jerome Brown
OLB: Darrin Smith, Jessie Armstead
MLB: Ray Lewis
S: Ed Reed, Sean Taylor
CB: Ryan McNeil, Philip Buchanan

Some positions have too many great players.

I'm wondering who the best players are that you watched with your own eyes, no players you didnt see. Ive been a fan since 2000 when I was 16. Here's my team.

QB #11 Ken Dorsey
RB #2 Willis McGahee
WR #5 Andre Johnson
WR #87 Reggie Wayne
WR #6 Santana Moss
TE #88 Jeremy Shockey
LT #78 Bryant McKinnie
LG #60 Vernon Carey
C #66 Brett Romberg
RG #65 Brandon Linder
RT #74 Eric Winston

DE #99 Joe Jackson
DT #9 Gerald Willis
DT #75 Vince Wilfork
DE #81 Calais Campbell
LB #44 Dan Morgan
LB #2 Jon Beason
LB #51 Jon Vilma
CB #31 Phillip Buchanon
CB #6 Antrel Rolle
SS #26 Sean Taylor
FS #20 Ed Reed

KR/PR #4 Devin Hester
K #25 Matt Bosher
P #16 Pat O'Donnell
Her
come on man the dline **** is a joke right? no Jerome brown/ cortez kennedy or Russell Maryland at dt now wilis the 3rd are u kidding? at de danny stubbs didn't make it but joe Jackson did? also campbell was ok but not great at Miami, better pro. no ray lewis at lb. Dorsey over Kelly, no mike irving please I cant even entertain a list with out those guys

Her
come on man the dline **** is a joke right? no Jerome brown/ cortez kennedy or Russell Maryland at dt now wilis the 3rd are u kidding? at de danny stubbs didn't make it but joe Jackson did? also campbell was ok but not great at Miami, better pro. no ray lewis at lb. Dorsey over Kelly, no mike irving please I cant even entertain a list with out those guys
Do the bare minimum, read the 1st sentence.

QB: Jim Kelly
RB: Edgerrin James
OT: Bryant McKinney, Leon Searcy
OG: Vernon Carey, Dennis Harrah
C: Jim Otto
TE: Jeremy Shockey
WR: Andre Johnson, Michael Irvin, Reggie Wayne

DE: Ted Hendricks, Danny Stubbs
DT: Warren Sapp, Jerome Brown
OLB: Jessie Armstead, Dan Morgan
MLB: Ray Lewis
S: Ed Reed, Sean Taylor
CB: Ryan McNeil, Philip Buchanan

KR/PR: Devin Hester
K: Matt Bosher
P: Matt Bosher

Advertisement
Not much love for Dennis Harrah at OG? All-American senior season, 1974. UM Hall of Famer. Rams 1st round pick, 11th overall. 6x Pro Bowler in the 70s/80s. Rams 40th anniversary team.

There were some great players on this awful teams.

Check my list (good call btw)

Advertisement
Do the bare minimum, read the 1st sentence.
I would like to apologize, for that. I got to see a lot of great talent u missed then.
best players I saw andi wont include oline cause I don't remember all the oline guys to come through miami
qb kelly
rb this one is hard portis is my choice but I saw a lot of greats mcgahee,gore,highsmith, the list is a long one
wr irvin
wr wayne
wr johnson
te shockey
de stubbs
dt sapp
dt brown again saw kennedy , Maryland also Wilfork. so a lot of great dts I saw play
de Kenny holmes
lb vilma
lb lewis
lb armstead, I also saw guys like dj Williams, barrow, Darrin smith, a lot of great lbs these are my top 3
cb rumph
cb buchanon
s reed
s taylor I also got to watch bennie blades

Last edited:
Kosar, not Dorsey. Kosar was Miami swag before the term existed. And he was a way better QB.

Advertisement
Back