Offseason OT: All time starting 11

That’s a good list, honestly. Not sure I agree on wayne vs. AJ but it’s close. I think Cooper and Harrah belong at OL over Myers and Carey. Morgan has to be on the LB list, imo. In addition to college, he was all rookie and nfl all pro before injury. I’d put Rolle over Marion also. 3x pro bowl, 2x all pro. And imo McGahee or Portis > Gore. Better college outcomes and darn good pro outcomes. But can’t argue with the #4 all time nfl rusher either. Amazing the first team doesnt include bennie blades, d dub, maryland, eddie brown.

Chit I forgot about Harrah. He belongs on my team. Cooper is a big no. Meyers went to 2 pro bowls. I went back and forth between Wayne and Johnson but Wayne just had the better overall numbers. Its a no go for rolle at CB as he had those pro bowl years a s a safety not a CB. I always thought he'd be a better safety than CB. Same for rumph.

For some reason Miami has been moving guys better suited for S to CB fop some dumb reason. I couldn't stand watching a guy like Randy Phillips trying to play corner. smh.

Advertisement
Chit I forgot about Harrah. He belongs on my team. Cooper is a big no. Meyers went to 2 pro bowls. I went back and forth between Wayne and Johnson but Wayne just had the better overall numbers. Its a no go for rolle at CB as he had those pro bowl years a s a safety not a CB. I always thought he'd be a better safety than CB. Same for rumph.

For some reason Miami has been moving guys better suited for S to CB fop some dumb reason. I couldn't stand watching a guy like Randy Phillips trying to play corner. smh.
Good response. Wayne / AJ is tough. AJ really had a better career but on a worse team, and without the longevity. If AJ played with Manning, we might be talking about him really differently. He likely gets the HOF anyhow, or is the toughest omit they will have, given his forst team all pro years.

Jerome Brown, Michael Irvin, Vinny Testaverde, the Bermuda Triangle, Eddie Brown, Bernie Kosar, Blades Brothers, Danny Stubbs, i can keep going

Advertisement
Good response. Wayne / AJ is tough. AJ really had a better career but on a worse team, and without the longevity. If AJ played with Manning, we might be talking about him really differently. He likely gets the HOF anyhow, or is the toughest omit they will have, given his forst team all pro years.

I can agree with that. Was gonna say if i'd had to pick I'd Polly go with Johnson. He had the better physical ability but Wayne is actually the highest rated cane wr ever even higher than HOF Irvin according to pro football reference.

Jerome Brown, Michael Irvin, Vinny Testaverde, the Bermuda Triangle, Eddie Brown, Bernie Kosar, Blades Brothers, Danny Stubbs, i can keep going

Miami's second team is probably better than most schools first team with the exception of the o-line. I'm still willing to bet Miami's second team all time could not only beat but dominate most schools first team all time team. Take a school like Michigan. Miami would dominate their all time team with it's third team all time squad.

Anyone who doesn't have Dan Morgan as your LB can gtfo. Dude was the first player to win the Bednarik, Nagurski, and Butkus awards in the same season. Dude was an absolute stud.

Advertisement
Russell Maryland was better.....

Just look at like this. Had Maryland went to Michigan you could argue that he could easily be first team all time. At Miami he might be third team. That's how great Miami DT's have been at Miami and in the NFL. Greatest Dt legacy in all of cfb by a wide margin.

Anyone who doesn't have Dan Morgan as your LB can gtfo. Dude was the first player to win the Bednarik, Nagurski, and Butkus awards in the same season. Dude was an absolute stud.

Morgan was a mlb. You'd take him over ray Lewis? Gtfo boss. Let's pertend you decided to make a team and put him on your team. Ok whatever. That just reflects the talent that Miami has had. Most people would take Lewis over Morgan.

Just look at like this. Had Maryland went to Michigan you could argue that he could easily be first team all time. At Miami he might be third team. That's how great Miami DT's have been at Miami and in the NFL. Greatest Dt legacy in all of cfb by a wide margin.
I was jk. I wasn’t even alive or an infant when these guys were playing. The best DT I’ve seen is g Willis 👍

The thing is, Ray Lewis is the single best defensive player of all time, any position, any level. And the best leader ever in the sport of football, at least on defense. The No. 1 pick on défense on an open draft for all players ever.

Just observing that the best defensive player in the history of football might have competition for best LB in the history of UM tells you why this fan base cares, and what makes this place unique.

But honestly your awards don’t impress me. They’re relevant, but Sean taylor lost the Thorpe to some stiff from Oklahoma. Awards are interesting, but play on the field is the deal. And no, as good as he was, Dan Morgan was not a better linebacker than Ray Lewis. I know this because no one, ever, has been a better linebacker than Ray Lewis.

Advertisement
The thing is, Ray Lewis is the single best defensive player of all time, any position, any level. And the best leader ever in the sport of football, at least on defense. The No. 1 pick on défense on an open draft for all players ever.

Just observing that the best defensive player in the history of football might have competition for best LB in the history of UM tells you why this fan base cares, and what makes this place unique.

But honestly your awards don’t impress me. They’re relevant, but Sean taylor lost the Thorpe to some stiff from Oklahoma. Awards are interesting, but play on the field is the deal. And no, as good as he was, Dan Morgan was not a better linebacker than Ray Lewis. I know this because no one, ever, has been a better linebacker than Ray Lewis.
Uh Taylor did not it was Reed who got screwed

I can agree with that. Was gonna say if i'd had to pick I'd Polly go with Johnson. He had the better physical ability but Wayne is actually the highest rated cane wr ever even higher than HOF Irvin according to pro football reference.
Honestly, love Irvin but he gets the halo because of culture and swag and titles. At Miami and Dallas. And maybe he deserves it. But in the field, not sure. Irvin was as tough as any WR you have ever seen. But Wayne and AJ ....

Advertisement
Both got screwed. taylor was screwed worse because he was every bit as good as reed but lost to a worst guy.
You are correct they both got screwed,I had forgotten Taylor's I just remember that clown Roy Williams getting it over Reed

You are correct they both got screwed,I had forgotten Taylor's I just remember that clown Roy Williams getting it over Reed
Taylor’s was worse. who was it? derrick strait? taylor had the most dominant year at S anyone has ever seen in cfb. and they give the award to nobody.

Advertisement
Back