Offseason OT: All time starting 11

Advertisement
I'm wondering who the best players are that you watched with your own eyes, no players you didnt see. Ive been a fan since 2000 when I was 16. Here's my team.

QB #11 Ken Dorsey
RB #2 Willis McGahee
WR #5 Andre Johnson
WR #87 Reggie Wayne
WR #6 Santana Moss
TE #88 Jeremy Shockey
LT #78 Bryant McKinnie
LG #60 Vernon Carey
C #66 Brett Romberg
RG #65 Brandon Linder
RT #74 Eric Winston

DE #99 Joe Jackson
DT #9 Gerald Willis
DT #75 Vince Wilfork
DE #81 Calais Campbell
LB #44 Dan Morgan
LB #2 Jon Beason
LB #51 Jon Vilma
CB #31 Phillip Buchanon
CB #6 Antrel Rolle
SS #26 Sean Taylor
FS #20 Ed Reed

KR/PR #4 Devin Hester
K #25 Matt Bosher
P #16 Pat O'Donnell

You ever heard of Jerome Brown, Russell Maryland, Warren Sapp or Cortez Kennedy?

Willis had a great year but he’s not even top 5 or 6 all time.

I’m guessing this is a list from 2000 and beyond like you stated, so it’s a good list

Canton: Hendricks, Otto, Kelly, Irvin, Kennedy, Sapp, Lewis, Reed

Rafters*RIP: Brown, Taylor

Canton, comin: A. Johnson, Edge, Wilfork, Wayne, Gore

CFB Legends: Be. Blades, D. Morgan, McKinnie, Maryland, Searcy, E. Brown, Foreman, Kosar, Testaverde, Toretta, Walsh, Dorsey, Hester

Next (no order): Stubbs, O. Anderson, McGahee, Portis, Barrow, D. Smith, D. Williams, Rolle, McNeil, Buchanon, Starks, B. Owens, E. Edwards, Medearis, Hawkins, Latimer, L. Williams, S. Moss, R. Hill, K. Williams, Shockey, Olsen, B. Franks, KWII, Highsmith, Vilma, DJ, Huerta, Feagles, Erickson, Romberg, Gary, Bratton, L. Thomas, W. Carroll, ***an, Lang, Holmes, C. Campbell, B. Clark, W. Moss, Beason, Spence, Sullivan, Cooper, Harrah, Bosher, Crum, Webster, McCarthy, Francis, Perryman, McIntosh, Gooden, Russell, Blaise, Myers, Bibla, Linder, Rakoczy, KC Jones, Merriweather, Kenny P., Marion, Burns, B. Harris, Elder, Shields, Jaquan, Armstead, McDougle, W. Joseph, J. Jones, G. Willis, Copeland, Br. Blades, Benjamin, Parrish, L. Miller, Duke J., Y. Green, J. Graham, Njoku, Walford, Bosseler, W. Smith, Fulcher, Najeh, A. Roberts, Patrick, Mark, McDowell, Bentley, Dennison, Neal, Barnes, Turner, Swain, D. Lewis, V. Carey, O. Vernon, Dunn, Burt, R. Carter, D. Bush ... **** it’s a long list.
Let's also not forget Glenn Dennison TE & Albert Bentley (walk-on) RB (1983 Natl. Championship Team).

Advertisement
I watched Dan Morgan play, I loved him as a Middle Linebacker.

A lot of guys are putting him in as an OLB next to Ray, and although I love Dan Morgan, I think there were better OLB's than Dan Morgan could be at OLB.

Ray is definitely #1 MLB, and Dan is 1a. I just want quicker guys on the outside for coverage and edge blitzes. That's why I went with Vilma and Jesse on the outside.

I understand why guys are picking Dorsey over guys like Kelly, Testaverde, Kosar, etc. I get that. My main thing is that imagine if Jim Kelly had that 2001 Offensive Line, Wide Recievers and Runningbacks. Not taking anything away from Dorsey, but Jim Kelly might've broken every single season passing record if he was the guy and not Dorsey. I would choose Walsh, and maybe Kosar over Dorsey. I thought Walsh was a better version of Dorsey, and made less mistakes.

Sad that Dorsey who was a 5 year journeyman has been our best QB over the past 25 years.

Maybe I’m crazy, but if you ask me to pick one RB all time for the Canes, I’m taking Willis. Dude was as unstoppable in 02 as any RB I’ve ever seen. I know a lot of people have their own opinions, but that’s my dude for one game or one season.

Advertisement
My team for entire career college and pro

QB. Jim Kelly
RB. Edge James
RB. Frank Gore
WR Michael Irvin
WR Reggie Wayne
TE. Greg Olson
OL Bryant McKinnie
OL Chris Meyers
OL Jim Otto
OL Vernon Carey
OL Leon Sercy
P. Jeff Fleagles Sr.

DE Ted Hendricks
DT Jerome Brown
DT Cortez Kennedy
DE Warren Sapp
LB Jesse Armstead
LB Ray Lewis
LB Darrin Smith
CB Ryan McNeil
CB Fred Marion
SS Ed Reed
FS Sean Taylor
PR Devin Hester/ Kevin Williams
KR Devin Hester/ Tremain Mack
K. Carlos Huerta

That’s a good list, honestly. Not sure I agree on wayne vs. AJ but it’s close. I think Cooper and Harrah belong at OL over Myers and Carey. Morgan has to be on the LB list, imo. In addition to college, he was all rookie and nfl all pro before injury. I’d put Rolle over Marion also. 3x pro bowl, 2x all pro. And imo McGahee or Portis > Gore. Better college outcomes and darn good pro outcomes. But can’t argue with the #4 all time nfl rusher either. Amazing the first team doesnt include bennie blades, d dub, maryland, eddie brown.

Enjoyed watching Steve Mcquire before the A.C.L tear. Would have love to have seen him run the ball in these inside zone schemes today.

Advertisement
OJ Anderson in his senior year was the best running back I ever saw at Miami. He had no offensive line nor did he have complimentary offensive weapons to take the heat off of him. He was literally a one man show and became the all time rushing record for over 30 years.

At QB, the best I’ve seen by a mile was Vinny. No QB in UM history can touch his natural gifts. Oddly enough I would still choose Kosar or Walsh for my squad due to their intelligence, accuracy, tenacity and unwillingness to fold under pressure.

Advertisement
QB: Walsh
RB: Willis McGahee
FB: Cleveland Gary
TE: KW II
WR1: Andre Johnson
WR2: Michael Irvin
LT: Bryant McKinnie
LG: Martin Bilba
C: Brett Romberg
RG: Orlando Franklin
RT: Leon Searcy

DE: Daniel Stubbs
DT: Cortez Kennedy
DT: Warren Sapp
DE: Calais Campbell
LB: Michael Barrows
LB: Dan Morgan
LB: Ray Lewis
DB: Duane Starks
DB: Antrel Rolle
S: Ed Reed
S: Sean Taylor

ST Kick Return: Roscoe Parrish and Devin Hester
PR: Devin Hester

*I misread the OP, and had to change a couple of guys on my list due to me not physically seeing them play. I just missed out of JB playing as I didn’t become a fan until 87.

Last edited:
One thing for sure, Sean Taylor and Punt/kick returner Hester is on everyone's list.
Bennie Blades was a 2x first team all american, Thorpe Award winner and is in the CFB Hall of Fame. He also holds the UM single season interception record (shared with ST). I personally think ST was the best college safety I ever saw, but I cannot fault someone who puts Ed Reed and Bennie Blades on the 1st team all UM.

Bennie Blades was a 2x first team all american, Thorpe Award winner and is in the CFB Hall of Fame. He also holds the UM single season interception record (shared with ST). I personally think ST was the best college safety I ever saw, but I cannot fault someone who puts Ed Reed and Bennie Blades on the 1st team all UM.

For me, BB and reed are top 2 and Taylor is right there at 3 but super close. Just as Taylor was a freak athlete, so was blades. He was almost an Olympic qualifier competitor in HS in 400m hurdles. Blades was the best centerfield safety of the 80s.

For me, BB and reed are top 2 and Taylor is right there at 3 but super close. Just as Taylor was a freak athlete, so was blades. He was almost an Olympic qualifier competitor in HS in 400m hurdles. Blades was the best centerfield safety of the 80s.
I personally believe ST was the most dominant S ever in cfb and the most talented athlete I have ever seen on the defensive side of the ball, any level. Maybe Deion is there too. Those would be my top 2, except Deion didn’t like to mix it up. But Taylor went pro after 3 years. So open Q as to how to judge his UM career. Both Reed and Blades have strong arguments to be first team. Still, I know what I saw. I believe ST would have gone down as the undisputed GOAT had he not been murdered.

Jerome Brown, too - dude was first team all pro his 3rd and 4th years in the nfl. He was headed right towards first ballot HOF.

Advertisement
Back