Offseason OT: All time starting 11

You cannot have an all time UM roster without Jerome Brown on it. That is blasphemy.

Like so many positions at Miami, the great ones are numerous. Even before JB, rip, there were giants that he stood on. They did not play on great teams but had they been around with JB, it would have been a battle over who started. Our 1976 team had three eventual 1st round DL picks, Eddie Edwards, Don Smith and Don Latimer. Eddie even went higher in the draft, 3rd, than our beloved JB. We where Dline U before anything else. It is great to be a Miami Hurricane.

Advertisement
Don't agree! Although you have named some of the all-time greats, many players have been left out that were better than some of the ones in the list (e.g. Jerome Brown, Warren Sapp, Rubin Carter, Ted Hendricks, Bernie Kosar, Jim Kelly, Vinny Testaverde, K C Jones, Ray Lewis, Frank Gore, Edgerrin James, Clinton Portis, O J Anderson, Chuck Foreman, Michael Irvin, George Mira, etc., etc.). I would suggest that you break it down by decade or era (e.g. before 1960, 1961-1978, 1979-1988, 1989-1998, 1999-2005, 2006-2018).
He was very specific about his criteria. You should have read it.

Like so many positions at Miami, the great ones are numerous. Even before JB, rip, there were giants that he stood on. They did not play on great teams but had they been around with JB, it would have been a battle over who started. Our 1976 team had three eventual 1st round DL picks, Eddie Edwards, Don Smith and Don Latimer. Eddie even went higher in the draft, 3rd, than our beloved JB. We where Dline U before anything else. It is great to be a Miami Hurricane.
You cannot have an all time UM roster without Jerome Brown on it. That is blasphemy.

I scrolled through the pages here and hard to disagree, but a few deserve a shout out here; Burgess Owens was a beast at safety and one of the few who could mentioned with the likes of Reed and Taylor. I see Carlos Huerta deservedly getting most voted for PK but let me remind folks that Todd Seivers was a 1st team AA on the 2001 squad. Both OJ Anderson and Chuck Foreman were 1st team AA. All the RB's you mentioned are legends but other than Willis, did any make 1st team AA?.

Advertisement
He was very specific about his criteria. You should have read it.
Obviously, reading is not one of your forte's! If you read page 3 of this thread, you will notice that I stated that I have seen them all except George Mira and Jim Otto. I have seen and/or followed the Canes since 1965. Please read before you write.

I know the 70's are like the lost years, but how can Dennis Harrah not be mentioned on the OL. He was not only an All American at tackle for UM, he was a 6 or 7 time Pro Bowler at guard for the Rams.

Last edited:
Obviously, reading is not one of your forte's! If you read page 3 of this thread, you will notice that I stated that I have seen them all except George Mira and Jim Otto. I have seen and/or followed the Canes since 1965. Please read before you write.

Fortunately I have had ths pleasure and privilege of seeing them all including Ott. He was amazing. Never missed a game because of injury at Miami or in 15 years in the pros

Advertisement
QB Jim Kelly
RB Clinton Portis
WR Andre Johnson
WR Reggie Wayne
WR Michael Irvin
TE Jeremy Shockey
LT Bryant McKinnie
LG Vernon Carey
C Brett Romberg
RG Brandon Linder
RT Leon Searcy

DE Jerome Brown
DT Cortez Kennedy
DT Vince Wilfork
DE Russell Maryland
LB Ray Lewis
LB Michael Barrow
LB Jon Vilma
CB Phillip Buchanon
CB Antrel Rolle
SS Sean Taylor
FS Ed Reed

KR/PR Devin Hester
K Matt Bosher

Looking at all these lists. I'm hard pressed to even pick a top 50 regardless of position. So much freakin talent and looking now for the next 50 at TNM

Last edited:
Who was that dude in the ninties who was blocking FGs and punts like it was going out of style...

... i remember that last sec block to win at WV ....

He should be on our Special Teams all time team along with Bubba McDowell and Hester..

In fact we should have a ST all time team...

SIAP, but that was Tremain Mack, solid safety but killer ST player, drafted by Bengals but had DUI/drinking issues....

Advertisement
QB Jim Kelly
RB Clinton Portis
WR Andre Johnson
WR Reggie Wayne
WR Michael Irvin
TE Jeremy Shockey
LT Bryant McKinnie
LG Vernon Carey
C Brett Romberg
RG Brandon Linder
RT Leon Searcy

DE Jerome Brown
DT Cortez Kennedy
DT Vince Wilfork
DE Russell Maryland
LB Ray Lewis
LB Michael Barrow
LB Jon Vilma
CB Phillip Buchanon
CB Antrel Rolle
SS Sean Taylor
FS Ed Reed

KR/PR Devin Hester
K Matt Bosher
Hoping this is the guys you saw and not an all time list w/o the stork on it.

Advertisement
QB Dorsey
RB Portis
TE Shockey
WRs Irvin ,Andre ,Wayne
OL Mckinnie, Searcy ,Winston ,Romberg ,Hannah
Defense
DE Stubbs, Medaris
DT Brown, Sapp
LB Lewis ,Morgan ,Barrow
CB Stark ,Buchanon
S Bennie Blades,Reed
K Huerta
P Bosher
Return
Moss,Hester

3 d lineman that were great players when I started watching Canes football, Kevin ***an, Don Smith, and Rueben Carter. I could add another lineman, Jim Burt.

Great off-season topic.

I think we should start all-time ranking players in position groups in future threads.

Advertisement
Back