MEGA Official Visits Thread

Advertisement
I was hoping Dye would also come to Miami. Living in Oregon, I've been able to see him do work during his time in Eugene. Can't be mad at the Parrish signing though.

The new RB coach wanted his guy in the RB room and he got him. He knows there's going to be a focus on bettering the RB's room at Miami. He's obviously familiar with Parrish and expects his guy to come in and compete for snaps.

Parrish is a Jr, so he obviously isn't concerned about not being able to earn snaps after looking at Miami's deph chart at RB.

I think the current RB's in the room have been put on notice.
I could be wrong; but he may be a Sophomore.

Moving this over from the "Jan 22 Elite Weekend" thread ...

VISITING JANUARY 14
Dave Iuli
Jahlil Florence
Gracen Halton

VISITING JANUARY 28
Shemar Stewart
Christen Miller

NO DATE - just some guys I'd hope to see visit
Josh Conerly, Jr.
Darris Smith
Trevonte Citizen
Jovantae Barnes (committing 1/2/22, probably not to UM)
TJ Dudley
R. Mason Thomas
Ahmad Moten
Trejon Williams

VISITED JANUARY 14-16
Dave Iuli
Matthew McCoy
Jack Pyburn (unofficial)

VISITING JANUARY 28
Shemar Stewart
Harold Perkins
Josh Conerly, Jr.
Christen Miller
Trevonte Citizen
R. Mason Thomas
Ahmad Moten

NO DATE - just a rumor from the All-American Bowl
Omari Abor

DID NOT VISIT
Jahlil Florence
Gracen Halton
TJ Dudley

When I first started this list (in another thread), I said if Mario could get 10 of these guys to visit, it would be a perfect score. I definitely think some of the guys on the 1/28 list might not end up visiting. But knowing how Mario rolls, I would not be surprised if a totally different name shows up that weekend out of left field. So far, he's still in the hunt to bat 1.000.

Mario's proven he'll get his share, but frankly it's hard to get too hyped about particular individuals (before signing) when an offer too good to refuse ($) can come along to any top target at any time.
and ruiz now officialy by florida law from now can offer wink wink NIL deals. MR I WONT BE OUTBID RUIZ will get it done mario is a reason but so is he. from now on Ruiz is the most important. like how texas got a big class out of all of sudden with a horrible record because texas allowed the wink wink NIL deals before florida official date . thats why shemar pushed his signday day to the 2nd one

USC reporters have been at the Polynesian bowl practices this week. It sounds like there have been some logistics issues getting kids from the hotels to practice so they didn't get to see much of Connerly yet.

Interesting to note that there was no mention of the Canes in their recap of his recruitment. They seem to believe it is mainly Michigan, USC and Oregon.

Advertisement
USC reporters have been at the Polynesian bowl practices this week. It sounds like there have been some logistics issues getting kids from the hotels to practice so they didn't get to see much of Connerly yet.

Interesting to note that there was no mention of the Canes in their recap of his recruitment. They seem to believe it is mainly Michigan, USC and Oregon.
Those three have been in it the longest. Need to have a great visit next week to get in the picture. I think USC leads

From USC reporters notes - they are at the Polynesian bowl practices this week.

The only one-on-ones we saw from Iuli came during Wednesday’s practice and he was by far the best offensive lineman during that drill. Not only did no defender get a win against him playing guard, most were not able to get past the line of scrimmage. Yes there were no pads and only a handful of reps, but it would have been hard to picture Iuli doing any better than he did.

Singletary had Iuli as one of his top performers and wrote this about him after Thursday’s practice: “This ball of energy never stops. He is light on his feet, has good balance and able to redirect all the while staying on his block and finishing the defender. He is the type of interior guy that is athletic enough to move over to center and not miss a beat.”

Those three have been in it the longest. Need to have a great visit next week to get in the picture. I think USC leads
Weren't we told by someone on this site he wanted to commit to miami whn mario arrived and was asked by his family to visit first.If he's visiting next week we have to at least be in his top 2 or 3.

Advertisement

The only one-on-ones we saw from Iuli came during Wednesday’s practice and he was by far the best offensive lineman during that drill. Not only did no defender get a win against him playing guard, most were not able to get past the line of scrimmage. Yes there were no pads and only a handful of reps, but it would have been hard to picture Iuli doing any better than he did.

Singletary had Iuli as one of his top performers and wrote this about him after Thursday’s practice: “This ball of energy never stops. He is light on his feet, has good balance and able to redirect all the while staying on his block and finishing the defender. He is the type of interior guy that is athletic enough to move over to center and not miss a beat.”
I smell early contributor

Weren't we told by someone on this site he wanted to commit to miami whn mario arrived and was asked by his family to visit first.If he's visiting next week we have to at least be in his top 2 or 3.
Thought that was iuli

Advertisement

Exactly what I saw on tape. Big body with good feet. Big personality who let you know he dominated you. Stud.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back