Official State Penn job as it relates to Golden Thread

Would You Be Upset If Al Left For Pedo State?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
I wont get in a Randy vs Al debate but in 2009 Randy's team faced 4 ranked teams to start the season and got out of there 3-1 including a road win @ FSU to open the season... not too shabby although we imploded @ Champs sports bowl that year

I agree with the first part. If you call a 20-14 loss to wisconsin imploding then what do you call a 36-9 loss to Louisville? Golden is not fit for miami. He is constantly losing to teams with more than 8 wins.... This isnt temple

TheBeast knows fvckin nothing.

Golden is gone - the silence is the best indicator of that.

Bat signals would have been sent out if he "turned it down" to return, etc.

Advertisement
Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 3m
Again, Al Golden's Monday afternoon presser and morning radio hit were scheduled last week, before Penn State's reported interest.

Exactly. If Golden has been offered, it's over. His silence says it all.

For me, it's over regardless. I will always support the team but if he returns, he can go **** himself.

Also, dont expect Chris Yandle, Chris Freet etc to say much...I was at the Hecht (student at the time) talking to Doug Walker the day Butch Davis left for the Browns and everything was as normal as normal could be.

Advertisement

He's silent because he's balls deep in discussions with PSU I think.

That's not to say they've offered it.

It's not over. Penn state is going to or already interviewed munchank & Franklin. Then think it over and offer the job to whomever they choose.

I wont get in a Randy vs Al debate but in 2009 Randy's team faced 4 ranked teams to start the season and got out of there 3-1 including a road win @ FSU to open the season... not too shabby although we imploded @ Champs sports bowl that year

I'm not getting in the debate either, but FSU finished the season 7-6 and Oklahoma 8-5.

It's not over. Penn state is going to or already interviewed munchank & Franklin. Then think it over and offer the job to whomever they choose.

this. Been saying it all along that this isn't a one horse race. PSU is in the driver's seat.

Advertisement
PSU is not an easy sell with 2 yrs of post season bans and reduction in ships, golden may be there only choice after all

The longer this goes the more I start to flop sweat like Big Fat Al. I'm sitting here doing that stupid Al finger sweat wipe of my forehead every two minutes that I hit that refresh button.

I'm dreading that PUS soon informs BFA that they're going in another direction and BFA issues the perfunctory "I'm removing myself from consideration for the PUS gig. I look forward to coaching UM for a long time" statement. At that point, I do a swan dive off the Hecht roof onto BFA hoping to snap his neck in a million pieces.

From LIONS247

Hearing that we should expect an announcement on Monday or Tuesday. The search has been narrowed to two candidates, James Franklin and Al Golden. PSU has met with both (and their agents). The prevailing thought is Franklin is a better coach and Golden a better recruiter. The source said they could not discern a preference for either and thought both to be great choices. All other names being thrown out are not in serious contention.

FYI - Munchak is not being considered as much this time around. Apparently they want to go with a younger coach. Munchak had verbally agreed to take the PSU job in December of 2011, however, Bud Adams (owner of Titans) threatened to sue Penn St. if they took "his" coach. Penn St did not want to deal with a lawsuit as this was in the heat of the Sandusky scandal and then moved on. If you recall, Joyner exuded confidence heading into the holidays in 2011 but this all broke down during holidays. Some top guys stopped their vacations early to come back and find a coach which ultimately led to OB. I personally thought Munchak would be the first consideration, but it was made clear to me that it wasn't.

Advertisement
PSU is not an easy sell with 2 yrs of post season bans and reduction in ships, golden may be there only choice after all

Laff.....with a check book they have its a GREAT PLACE to be....

I still think Larry Johnson Sr has some say,,,,the players love him

AL would be the safe chouce for PSU... keeps the local Paterno crowd happy and will stay for a long time!! Franklin will be gone at the first call from the NFL.

This will not end well if he stays. The bond of trust that once was with players, coaches, recruits, and fans is forever broken. Even if Dorito is let go, Al will remain salty about it and the animosity will build toward the administration for forcing it. Even if Butch or Narduzzi were hired as the new DC, which would probably never happen, this thing cannot be salvaged. AL dug his own grave on this one. There shouldn't be anyone feeling sorry about anyone else. Tough decisions come with tough consequences. This is one of the most critical crossroads UM football has come across in a while. I hate to be negative and a debbie downer, but if the right decisions are not made in the next 24-48 hours, UM football may fall further into the black hole of irrelevance, maybe to never crawl out of again.

Advertisement
Back