Official State Penn job as it relates to Golden Thread

Would You Be Upset If Al Left For Pedo State?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
Golden has a season ending press conference scheduled tomorrow. Expect final word to leak late tonight and an official announcement tomorrow re: Golden to PSU. the press conference tomorrow will still go ahead and will likely be Blake James answering questions about the up coming search.

Golden has a season ending press conference scheduled tomorrow. Expect final word to leak late tonight and an official announcement tomorrow re: Golden to PSU. the press conference tomorrow will still go ahead and will likely be Blake James answering questions about the up coming search.

We can only hope

Advertisement
Munchak is a courtesy backup interview.

They are still working out the details with Al. He is taking the job.

PSU had good experiences with O'Brien. He was an NFL guy who exceeded expectations. Munchak would fit that mold and is a Paterno guy unlike O'Brien. I expect we will hear from Golden at the presser tomorrow unless it's postponed.

OB had college coaching experience including a stint at GT under Coach O'Leary. Munchcack has no college coaching experience and was more corch than coach in the NFL. Munchcack would be a disaster for PUS.

3 years Golden talks about the NCAA holding this program hostage and destroying our recruiting.

Now he holds it hostage during the absolute most critical recruiting stretch of the season.

Thanks a lot you piece of ****.

Advertisement
Congrats AL golden, the man who has now turned most of Miamis fan base against himself, in 3 days nonetheless, and to think, if he had just came out openly and made a statement regarding this situation and fired his bonehead Dcord, it would all be normal and most would still like ya!

that says more about our fanbase than it does about golden.

Congrats AL golden, the man who has now turned most of Miamis fan base against himself, in 3 days nonetheless, and to think, if he had just came out openly and made a statement regarding this situation and fired his bonehead Dcord, it would all be normal and most would still like ya!

Bumbstein has another screen name?

I guess it's randy 2.0 from here on out. Al will have to fire his buddy, and all the fans will be revolting against him the rest of his time here. Not going to be pretty. Expect...... Benadict Al
Folden golden
BFA
The *****
Sad part is he brought this **** on himself, begging to go to another University. I will be done. He is dead to me also.

Advertisement

Bumbstein has another screen name?

Who the fug is bumbstein?

Chris Mortensen report about the Munchak interview. Granted, Mortensen reports from the NFL perspective but he gives the appearance that the Munchak interview is merely a courtesy interview on Munchak's part. Mort paints a pic of Munchak still being very hirable at the NFL level.

[video]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10246411/fired-mike-munchak-balked-changes-tennessee-titans[/video]

Advertisement
What if by chance, PSU is just as concerned with Golden's on field production and Dorito? The same reason most want to get rid of him may be just the reason they are looking at Munchak \ Franklin.

Make no mistake, the folks pulling the trigger on multi-million dollar decisions probably have much more resources at their finger tips and in their ears (on all the things we know and speak of that are the pros and cons), plus the dirt that PI's and background check - vetting processes come up with.

To dismiss them doing the do diligence and looking at more than Golden, would be foolish, as it would have already been announced by now with the speed that PSU is wanting to move at.

****, just go look at the PSU boards, there is a faction of folks that are more concerned about getting Golden and not wanting him for the same reasons folks here want to get rid of him. ****, many of them are looking at these very boards and second guessing Golden based on our ferocious passion to rid ourselves of him, and they are getting pretty scared. They have pointed to the rare victories over ranked teams, our horrible defense, and said "if he can't get it done with South Florida talent, how is he going to get it done here?"

I am always it is somewhere in the middle. I think Al terribly miscalculated this thing. I think he wanted to do the interview and have it sown up on Friday. The storm delayed it, and spun up the rumor mills in max overdrive. I believe he thought it was a done deal, and it decision to either accept or get a raise with leverage with UM.

The backfire here is:
1. PSU didn't lock into him.
2. UM and Shalala aren't budging on his contract, and willing to let him go.

At this point, he has no leverage at all, in fact he probably lost a bunch if wanting to come back with his tail between his legs and forced to fire Dorito.
For his sake, he better hope PSU pulls through and really does offer and doesn't go in a different direction, because if he doesn't, it's like D$ said, he is in a really bad situation. He just misplayed it, let's see if PSU saves him.

I think you are confusing 'most of the fan base' with fans on message boards. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the fan base didn't know what was going on in regards to him possibly leaving and if they do are hoping he stays.

he is worse than randy. yeah golden sounds good in front of the press but he fields a sorry *** defense led by a sorry *** coach..... At least randy defense was fun to watch and we was not getting our sh*t punched in every drive...... Im so ready to move on from him. Holding our program hostage right now, not talking to players, or recruits but we are a "family" GTFOH Now!!!!!

Advertisement
Back