Official Sanction Prediction Thread

3 years probation
9 scholarships over 3 years - that is the tops we lose
Hurtt/Hill get show cause
Vacate some wins

Advertisement
3 yrs probation given the 2.5 yrs of investigation and changing of of coaching staff
3 scholies per yr
no more bowl ban

* only got hit with 9 scholies over three yrs

Advertisement
Lack of Institutional Control will not be included, they know that this is an issue that Shalala will take to court.

Additional bowl bans, I suspect they'll give us one additional year and this will not sit well with fans, alumni and Al Golden. Shalala will appeal this to the NCAA but likely she won't litigate. I still believe this issue will trigger a Federal lawsuit by other parties with standing against the NCAA Eligibility Center for their policies.

Probation is a given, likely 4 years.

Schloarship losses 16 over 4 years.

We don't get the type of punishment you predicted without LOIC.

FOOTBALL: Time Served (Would have been 8 schollies over 4 years and 2 years probation had we not self-imposed, but we gave NCAA something to hang its hat on)
BASKETBALL: Nothing

HAITH and ASSISTANTS: Nothing
HILL and HAITH: Show Cause (for "lying")

Y'all are forgetting that Al Golden was in that room. Was he prepared? Ha, you better believe he knew exactly what the outcome he wanted would be, and I believe, Deserve Victory, that he got it.

An agreement has already been reached, unofficially but generally understood, within the doors of the Westin.

The NCAA has to show something to satisfy the U-haters but morover to come away no a laughingstock - that is, to retain some perceived control, mandate,and upperhand. Some sign of strength, and the U has to let them. This is all agreed. But it won't be a bowl ban or anything that will actually hurt the team. So here is my guess on what the U told them was acceptable:

no bowl ban
3 schollies x 2 years
3 years probation

Y'all are forgetting that Al Golden was in that room. Was he prepared? Ha, you better believe he knew exactly what the outcome he wanted would be, and I believe, Deserve Victory, that he got it.

An agreement has already been reached, unofficially but generally understood, within the doors of the Westin.

The NCAA has to show something to satisfy the U-haters but morover to come away no a laughingstock - that is, to retain some perceived control, mandate,and upperhand. Some sign of strength, and the U has to let them. This is all agreed. But it won't be a bowl ban or anything that will actually hurt the team. So here is my guess on what the U told them was acceptable:

no bowl ban
3 schollies x 2 years
3 years probation

You are probably pretty close on what will transpire.

Advertisement
I always thought vacating victories was the biggest bull****. That house that an agent bought for Reggie bush helped them win the NC or the heisman? lulz

Three years probation.
6-9* lost scholarships (2 for 3 years, 3 for 2 years, or 3 for 3 years).
No more lost bowls.

Also, my favorite thing is when people clarify that we can't possibly "skate" because we've already paid so harshly for this mess. Well, golly gee, that's news to me! Adurf adurf. I think most of us understand that "skating" at this point just means lenient, or light, sanctioning.

*My prediction from the beginning was 3 schollies over 3 years. Have to reason that number might fall given the NCAA Looney Tunes circus.

Advertisement
I can't wait till the jacka$$ who celebrates that they called it IF a punishment is handed down.

All based on nothing, all based on knowing little to nothing about the investigation. No sentencing guidelines, nothing comparable. Keep in mind the NCAA never tanked an investigation like this before AND the President himself is on record commending our efforts with the NCAA.

​The NCAA tanks a lot of investigations (Penn St) and while they have no sentencing guidelines there is precedent. Not sure they ran a BS investigation to let us off for our effort.

Should be fun to watch someone claim they called it.

With that being said, HAHAHAHAHA, some of us have said most of this was BS from day one. The NCAA didn't have much REAL evidence other than RECEIPTS (which prove almost nothing), photos on a boat and lies from a con-artist. Some of us have said that once we hired Mike Glazier, we were in good hand.

The NCAA doesnt need real evidence they they are the judge, and jury. They deem what is fact or not, not some court. Since they don't have a set guidelines for our punishment they could throw out all the unproven stuff and still hammer us for what they know to be true.

Some of us had said this is bogus and to remain calm while this mess is sorted out. Some of us said that we should play in the ACCCG because nobody ever self-imposed two post-season bans. Now we're 2.5 years later, the investigation is in shambles (no one could predict), the media believes this is an utter joke and we are in day 3 before the COI.

I don't think most college presidents think it is a joke and outside of Miami where I have lived since this started most people aren't on Miami's side. When I bring up I am a Canes and run a website I get 1 of 2 responses. 1. Do you check the rap sheet for your info. 2. They finally got caught. I have never had someone feel sorry for us for the NCAA. When I bring it up I get, yeah the NCAA is pretty bad but c'mon its Miami.

I am sticking to minimal sanctions, mostly time served.

Well I suppose it is possible

Advertisement
It's Miami...we are getting hit with additional penalties that the common school would not have to deal with. That said, UM will receive a third yr bowl ban, a loss of 18 scholarships spread over three years and fours years of probation. There could be some wins vacated and penalty fees but I could care less about that.

Finally, I'm hopeful that Hurtt gets the show clause and is ruined for life...

It's Miami...we are getting hit with additional penalties that the common school would not have to deal with. That said, UM will receive a third yr bowl ban, a loss of 18 scholarships spread over three years and fours years of probation. There could be some wins vacated and penalty fees but I could care less about that.

Finally, I'm hopeful that Hurtt gets the show clause and is ruined for life...

This.....and they won't fight it.

And, they'll do it before the season so SEC teams can park outside Hecht and poach players.

Advertisement
Back