Official Roster Weight Changes - 6/26/18

Advertisement
I'm glad Kosi gained some weight. He looked WAY too skinny playing the lead pirate in Captain Phillips. "I'm the captain now!"

No offense to anyone breaking down or analyzing these weights, I get it. I do.

Just sharing my gut reaction when I saw this thread was a visceral recollection of the Folden years when we would all drool over the staph's bragging about how many sandbags they had tied around the ankles of guys like Chickillo, etc.

This is not the same thing at all, and I believe heartily in what CMR and staff are doing, including in S&C and nutrition.

Just recalling painful memories of the snake oil that I and most of us bought into, at least at first with that ****** former staph. So glad the infection is nearly gone...
Look, man. If you want to rehash the Golden years, do so in the privacy of your own home. There's no need to drag the rest of us down memory lane with you. Now, If you'll excuse me, I need to go vomit.

:hammering-head:

Advertisement
I'm sure it will get higher though without Roids..almost positive it can.

You want him lifting 400lbs like those Bama RBs who were clearly roiding? (Ingram and Richardson) No thanks. Let him do it the right way. Homer has shown he is plenty strong enough at this stage.

Advertisement
You want him lifting 400lbs like those Bama RBs who were clearly roiding? (Ingram and Richardson) No thanks. Let him do it the right way. Homer has shown he is plenty strong enough at this stage.

This has to be the dumbest collection of fans anywhere.

Advertisement
I'm sure it will get higher though without Roids..almost positive it can.
Absolutely it can. But you would be hard pressed to find someone able to make substantial strength jumps in that time frame at that level. I recently jump from 12 reps of 225 to 15 in the past 2 months, but my 1RMax only went up maybe 5 pounds. Strength gains and power gains are two, though not mutually exclusive, different training goals. Limits to everything man. And the closer you get to said limits the hard it is to improve. 1% a day right?

Absolutely it can. But you would be hard pressed to find someone able to make substantial strength jumps in that time frame at that level. I recently jump from 12 reps of 225 to 15 in the past 2 months, but my 1RMax only went up maybe 5 pounds. Strength gains and power gains are two, though not mutually exclusive, different training goals. Limits to everything man. And the closer you get to said limits the hard it is to improve. 1% a day right?

Man..you just brought it home for me fam. Great post. Makes a ton of sense.

Curious about Corey Gaynor. By all accounts he's got the tenacity and knows how to play. His HS tape was great. He had buzz early when he arrived in Fall camp, and got legit game action for a freshman that didn't enroll early. But seemed he to struggle when he got more reps and the season wore in. It seems it was due to being a little undersized and not fully conditioned for the college level.

He's now gained 20 pounds of what i assume is mostly good weight. At 6'4 305, size is not an issue. But, I don't recall hearing much about him stepping up this spring despite the opportunity available to fill some spots on the OL.

This is his first real college offseason, so you'd have to imagine he can make major strides. Hoping he can contribute in a major way this coming season.

Advertisement
Mark my words there will be a game where one of the announcers says, "Where the **** did this Rousseau kid come from?" Last time we had a kid from Hialeah like this was Ted Hendricks. The number of batted balls alone is going to be impressive with this kid's reach.

Advertisement
Back