Official Roster Weight Changes - 6/26/18

Advertisement
This thread reminded me that CMR asked “where are the big guys?” when he first got here. I guess he decided to just make some.

I’m embarrassed about what passed for nutrition when I was in high school. Basically, “get your 3 squares at home, boys”

P&j is the “ nutrition “ for a lot of these sfla kids. That’s aborted navy if the reasons a sfla cat is different once they hit a real nutrition program / s&c and quality coaching. Because they’ve never had it.

Advertisement
P&j is the “ nutrition “ for a lot of these sfla kids. That’s aborted navy if the reasons a sfla cat is different once they hit a real nutrition program / s&c and quality coaching. Because they’ve never had it.

I been saying this same thing about the private school kids vs public school kids. A lot of these private kids are just better because they have elite coaching and diets when they are in HS. When that all evens out its all about talent. Also, what is P&J?

I been saying this same thing about the private school kids vs public school kids. A lot of these private kids are just better because they have elite coaching and diets when they are in HS. When that all evens out its all about talent. Also, what is P&J?
Just a guess that P&J is peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Probably on supermarket brand Wonder bread

Not many, but when you have a guy that size that can play the position well, why discourage it? Watching his high school film he looked like a good WR. Just because he will get bigger doesn’t mean he can’t play the position. Also, just because a guy is 6’6” doesn’t mean he should bulk up to play TE. Why? The 240 was theoretical anyway. He is 225 right now. How many 6’6” 225 TEs do you know?

You guys are parsing hairs. Cager is 6'5", 220lbs and fluid. By all accounts he destroyed the shuttle and is poised for a breakout season.

Advertisement
You guys are parsing hairs. Cager is 6'5", 220lbs and fluid. By all accounts he destroyed the shuttle and is poised for a breakout season.

Everyone is different, and I don't believe just because someone gets big for their position that they have to automatically change positions. Now if he was 6'6" 275, and lost a few steps, then yeah, I could see a move being inevitable. As long as he maintains his speed and agility, why move him?

Excited to see what Cager can do. This is a big year for him.

Jon Ford hasnt been 275pds since like his jr year of high school

Manny in his last interview talked about him strictly as a Nose, so he seems to just keep growing. That's very good news for us, as the 0/1 spot vacated by Norton could have been a real gap for us.

Advertisement
OH **** I did NOT expect Gerald Willis to be up to 300lbs. That could be very interesting if he can play NT for us if needed. .... Him at NT with Silvera at 3tDT??? Then again, lets just Hope Ford steps the **** up on the interior there so we don't need to do that. But it's nice to have that option open being that Willis is up to 300lbs....speaking of Silvera, wonder what he's up to.

Also, Rousseau at 6'6" 250lbs!!! And Garvin also at 250lbs! ****** NICE. If they can both get up closer to 260lbs by September, we will be ******* Great there size wise. I still don't like our numbers along the DL. But **** they're bout to be full of studs. Honestly only Tyreic Martin is the weak link on that entire DL.

Evidence Njoku up ******* 30lbs! Nice. When he's healthy he's gunna be a RZ stud. And Langham at 235lbs? Just ******* make him our backup TE. He's literally only 5lbs less than Irvin Jr. If he wants to see PT he should move to TE. Even with Brevin and Mallory being savages I think he has a better chance to get some PT at TE than at WR.

And **** Gray at 240lbs. Like that he's fully committing to being a FB. Lets see if he beats out Realus George.

OH **** I did NOT expect Gerald Willis to be up to 300lbs. That could be very interesting if he can play NT for us if needed. .... Him at NT with Silvera at 3tDT??? Then again, lets just Hope Ford steps the **** up on the interior there so we don't need to do that. But it's nice to have that option open being that Willis is up to 300lbs....speaking of Silvera, wonder what he's up to.

Also, Rousseau at 6'6" 250lbs!!! And Garvin also at 250lbs! ****** NICE. If they can both get up closer to 260lbs by September, we will be ******* Great there size wise. I still don't like our numbers along the DL. But **** they're bout to be full of studs. Honestly only Tyreic Martin is the weak link on that entire DL.

Evidence Njoku up ******* 30lbs! Nice. When he's healthy he's gunna be a RZ stud. And Langham at 235lbs? Just ******* make him our backup TE. He's literally only 5lbs less than Irvin Jr. If he wants to see PT he should move to TE. Even with Brevin and Mallory being savages I think he has a better chance to get some PT at TE than at WR.

And **** Gray at 240lbs. Like that he's fully committing to being a FB. Lets see if he beats out Realus George.

Gerald Willis isnt a nose. His game is similar to Mcintosh. Hes a 3 tech.

Gerald Willis isnt a nose. His game is similar to Mcintosh. Hes a 3 tech.
I completely understand that bruh. But Willis is now at 300lbs. RJ was at 285lbs.

BUT in case you haven't noticed, we're pretty ******* light along the DL. We just don't have that many bodies. And the fact is if Ford doesn't play up to par, who are we gunna put in at NT? Silvera, Willis, or that Grad Transfer who wasn't good at Illinois?

Thats my point. HIm getting his weight up at least gives us the option if NEEDED.

Advertisement
I completely understand that bruh. But Willis is now at 300lbs. RJ was at 285lbs.

BUT in case you haven't noticed, we're pretty ******* light along the DL. We just don't have that many bodies. And the fact is if Ford doesn't play up to par, who are we gunna put in at NT? Silvera, Willis, or that Grad Transfer who wasn't good at Illinois?

Thats my point. HIm getting his weight up at least gives us the option if NEEDED.

It will be Bethel.

Bethel, he was manning the position all spring over ford and is one of the strongest guys on the roster

Wouldn’t even say odengibo wasn’t good at Illinois he was pretty productive as a backup and could possibly play well as a depth piece in the scheme. He has a very quick first step which is something you can’t teach

Bethel, he was manning the position all spring over ford and is one of the strongest guys on the roster

Wouldn’t even say odengibo wasn’t good at Illinois he was pretty productive as a backup and could possibly play well as a depth piece in the scheme. He has a very quick first step which is something you can’t teach
Idgaf no way in **** should Bethel be ******* playing 1tDT over Willis, if Ford can't play it. Its honestly retarded.

Advertisement
Back