Official Roster Weight Changes - 6/26/18

Was Rousseau a vegan who never lifted weights in high school? That dude was just a 215lb "project" DE and now he's 250? Ridiculous!
He was a Basketball player at Champagnat, that had a lot to do with it.

Plus a lot of South Fla schools don't have the funding for a good S&C program that promotes proper nutrition & correct weightlifting.

Some skinny kids have the genes to be really big, but simply just haven't had the proper coaching in the weight room to get there. That's why you have to recruit a kid for what he's going to be once you get'em & not necessarily what he looks like in High School.

Advertisement
I think we will have a team that up and down the roster looks like championship caliber. Should be the most physically imposing squad we’ve fielded in over a decade.

And the eye test is huge. I remember in high school warming up and looking over at the other team. It was either, ‘Oh &hit!, or ‘Yeah, we got this’.

It immediately sets the tone. You strike fear in the opponent even before kickoff.

That said, Homer and Dallas’ Before & After pics say it all. We are going to hurt some teams.

if the speed and athleticism is maintained then these weight gains are great news!

Pretty sure that is the goal. Get Leaner, Bigger, Stronger and Faster.
miami weight times.jpg

rbs_06262018-png.60878

Last edited:
Advertisement
Derrick Smith guys. I’m calling it now. Going to be a special player here. Also Homer is going to be a battering ram.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think we will have a team that up and down the roster looks like championship caliber. Should be the most physically imposing squad we’ve fielded in over a decade.

And the eye test is huge. I remember in high school warming up and looking over at the other team. It was either, ‘Oh &hit!, or ‘Yeah, we got this’.

It immediately sets the tone. You strike fear in the opponent even before kickoff.

That said, Homer and Dallas’ Before & After pics say it all. We are going to hurt some teams.
I feel ya...I played HS ball in the same region with Champ and Boss Bailey, and as great as those two were, the cats on the line had full beards...they whipped us without even having to put their cigars out.

I’m embarrassed about what passed for nutrition when I was in high school. Basically, “get your 3 squares at home, boys”

Advertisement
wonder if they miss on the 3rd Njoku and he blows up too.

What I like is the combination of size, speed, talent, and depth at almost every position. Some lack experience but that is true for almost every team. Once we get those last 5 spots filled to get to 85, that depth chart should look mean!

Rosier, OL, DT are the question marks IMO. We will know vs LSU if we are BIG, STRONG, and FAST.

- Homer with that speed at 205? Let us bow our heads. If he doesn't fumble the ball IT OVA.
- I like that our DBs group got bigger since we'll be in a 4-2-5.
- Finley and Smith are clearly going to be the main guys at the striker position.
- Dean can't jump at 185 he won't get off the ground at 192
- I love that our young guys at OL are at the 300 point mark. I hope it shows on the field in the fall.
- I kinda wished Donaldson lost more weight. Same with Irvin.
- Perry has finally reach the 190s.
- I hope this is all muscle and strength being gained.
- Ford at 300 is a plus. Bethel at only 285 is a bit of a disappointment. We need as many ready sized DT as we can possibly get.
- I'm liking Players/Gus' results so far this off-season but will it translate to the field? I hope so.

Advertisement
Back