***Official NSD Live Updates***

View as article
The short answer: We did not have many seniors on the 2014 roster.

The math looks like this:
+75 on the 2014 roster.
-12 seniors departing
-2 juniors leaving early
-1 transfer (RL III)
+5 early entrant signees

+65 on the post 2014 roster

+84 max allowed on the 2015 roster

That means that we can sign 19 today.

Why? We played well under our limit last year, and should be able to play at 84 scholarship players this year. Why only 20?
Looks like we are done for day.

Going to sign 19 LOL and ranked in the 30s. Can't wait to see who we offer after signing day. Complete failure.

I think we were limited to signing 20 max today.

It looks like we'll be 4-5 below 19 depending on what Chatman and Norton do.

Yep.

Ridiculous to be 4-5 below the max. And you know we're going to lose a handful of players for various reasons between now and the fall.

It would be one thing to be short on numbers if we can say the talent we did get was top shelf, but that's not the case. Average talent and not enough of it.

A complete and utter failure.

Advertisement
I find it funny that some people care so much about ratings and the like. The guys we are getting (even now) are good enough so long as the coaching is there. I don't think Butch and JJ had great recruiting classes on paper, but we rolled on the field. Coker had absolute studs in his recruiting classes, but we all know how that went.

The key is to find talented kids willing to put in the work to become great and having the right coaches in place to motivate the kids and develop them well.

[
Why are you counting the EE as not apart of this class? I clearly said we are signing 19 apart of this class, I said nothing about today.

When people say we signed 19-20, its pretty obvious that they are talking about the whole 2015 class.

The 84 man roster is a hard cap. That number supersedes all. So it doesnt matter that the EE's may be able to count back to the 2014 class. The only number that matters today is the 84 max on the roster.

Advertisement
[
Why are you counting the EE as not apart of this class? I clearly said we are signing 19 apart of this class, I said nothing about today.

When people say we signed 19-20, its pretty obvious that they are talking about the whole 2015 class.

The 84 man roster is a hard cap. That number supersedes all. So it doesnt matter that the EE's may be able to count back to the 2014 class. The only number that matters today is the 84 max on the roster.

No ****. We aren't even close to 84

We will end up at 78 or 79 depending on Norton.

17 Jrs
16 So
26 FR
--------
59 players returning

We could sign 25 total. We are going to sign 19-20 total

Advertisement
[

Wait a minute. That cap isn't hard. Or have the rules changed?

You can still oversign, right?

Regardless, that's besides the point. By any calculation we are going to be under. That's ridiculously bad.

Advertisement
No ****. We aren't even close to 84

We will end up at 78 or 79 depending on Norton.

17 Jrs
16 So
26 FR
--------
59 players returning

We could sign 25 total. We are going to sign 19-20 total

Im working with Ace64's numbers. I trust his #'s. If yours are different, perhaps you can list the departing players. That seems to be the difference between the two sets of numbers.

Advertisement
[

Wait a minute. That cap isn't hard. Or have the rules changed?

You can still oversign, right?

Regardless, that's besides the point. By any calculation we are going to be under. That's ridiculously bad.

You could never technically over sign. The rules haven't changed. Its just that in normal years a coach will find creative ways to handle the overage (track scholarships, gray shirting, sign and place, etc.).

Wondering what golden would do with the overage players is like worrying about what the federal government is going to do with all of its surplus revenue this year. :suspicion:

You guys should appreciate that we have FIU and FAU around here so we can steal their 2 star recruits.

Today is an Epic failure in my opinion and they can spin it whatever way they want but they should be ashamed of themselves.

I'm a Cane and will support the team and university and encourage all of you to do so as well. We shall overcome this mess.

Advertisement
Back