OFFICIAL GAME THREAD ... And also Louisville game predictions, and game recap

Advertisement
Did we even make an attempt at Blackshear?

Blackshear was one of many many serviceable frontcourt guys we could have pursued. We desperately needed 2 such guys that were A) eligible to play immediately, and B) not injured. We got zero. Inexcusable. Stubhub tickets for $6 sounds right to me.

The way the transfer portal is now, there is zero excuse for an ACC program to ever have a front court as atrocious as this. We are going to get pounded on inside all season.

20 rebounds, 17 points, and 4 blocks for our front-court (4&5 spots) vs one of the best teams in the nation in our first game.

Definitely not good, but this overreaction is almost comical.

20 rebounds, 17 points, and 4 blocks for our front-court (4&5 spots) vs one of the best teams in the nation in our first game.

Definitely not good, but this overreaction is almost comical.

This porst is comical. I like how you porsted stats but no context.

Here are some examples:

1. Of those 17 points, Walker scored 7 points after we were down 30. These are garbage stats and Walker scored these with less than 9:30 in the second half. Walker was our leading scorer, in terms of a big man too.

2. Miller scored 2 points in the first half.

3. Two of our big men (Sam and Gak), combined to play 35 minutes. In those 35 minutes, they scored 2 points. Yes, 2 points.

4. As for rebounds, Miller had 6 of them in the second half. Again, we were down by 21 points when he had his 4th rebound in the game.

Let me know if you need more examples.

Advertisement
This porst is comical. I like how you porsted stats but no context.

Here are some examples:

1. Of those 17 points, Walker scored 7 points after we were down 30. These are garbage stats and Walker scored these with less than 9:30 in the second half. Walker was our leading scorer, in terms of a big man too.

2. Miller scored 2 points in the first half.

3. Two of our big men (Sam and Gak), combined to play 35 minutes. In those 35 minutes, they scored 2 points. Yes, 2 points.

4. As for rebounds, Miller had 6 of them in the second half. Again, we were down by 21 points when he had his 4th rebound in the game.

Let me know if you need more examples.

Gotta do better than that weak a$$ whining

Louisville’s 2nd half rotation is much better than the first five that we’ll see from most teams this year.

Your only valid point is that Sam doesn’t seem to resemble anything close to an ACC caliber player.

Good thing Stone should be ready to go by ACC play.

With Stone and a little game experience, our front court will be serviceable for a middle tier ACC team.

Louisville’s 2nd half rotation is much better than the first five that we’ll see from most teams this year.

Your only valid point is that Sam doesn’t seem to resemble anything close to an ACC caliber player.

With Stone and a little game experience, our front court will be serviceable for a middle tier ACC team.

Another porst from the potato.

Our players did little when the game mattered and then put up garbage production when it didn’t.

Do you think Stone plays like a normal 4? Are you expecting him to play like a big man?

Last edited:
Coach L can build on this. He can tell the team that they are closer to the team that outscored Louisville 48-42 in the second half than the team that got outscored 45-26 by Louisville in the first half.

You have to build on the positive after the first game.

That's the message he has to focus on of course. We were +6.5, not +12.5, for a reason.

He is not wrong.....he is explaining what actually happened, you are looking for reasons to be optimistic going forward.

Advertisement
Another porst from the potato.

Our players did little when the game mattered and then put up garbage production when it didn’t.

Do you think Stone plays like a normal 4? Are you expecting him to play like a big man?

Go spend your time in a way that gives you some joy. This spiteful ignorance is bad for your health, your relationships, and your spirit.

He is not wrong.....he is explaining what actually happened, you are looking for reasons to be optimistic going forward.

Anyone who was watching the game noticed that our big men did not produce when it mattered. In fact, they hardly did anything of note during the first 30 minutes of the game.

Advertisement
Another porst and a tangent.

I guess we're done with the discussion.

There is no discussion. You are the Gisch gallop of narcissist malingering, personified.

Obviously we struggled badly against a top 5 team in our first game. That means neither that our front-court is “trash” (perhaps with one exception) nor that our season is doomed.

Btw... Tell me more about how Rodney Miller is useless and will never contribute meaningfully to this team, oh great and visionary prognosticator.

There is no discussion.

I agree. You're a potato. You're a porster who consistently porsts.

You are the Gisch gallop of narcissist malingering, personified.

Are you still concerned for my well being?

Obviously we struggled badly against a top 5 team in our first game.

We played bad. At least we're on the same page now.

Btw... Tell me more about how Rodney Miller is useless and will never contribute meaningfully to this team, oh great and visionary prognosticator.

I am sorry, did Rodney do something of relevance last night? Because I watched a guy do almost nothing the majority of the game. In fact, our best minutes (for a big man) came when the game was over. His name was Walker.

Advertisement
I am sorry, did Rodney do something of relevance last night? Because I watched a guy do almost nothing the majority of the game. In fact, our best minutes (for a big man) came when the game was over. His name was Walker.
[/QUOTE]

Not only did he not do anything last night, he looked extremely goofy doing so. Looks like he is going to fall over just walking

Did we even make an attempt at Blackshear?
Blackshear made it known he wanted to play for a team ready for a shot at the Final Four. UF meets that requirement. He also looked hard at Louisville.

If he wanted to play for a bottom half ACC team, he woulda just stayed at VT.

Rodney looked like a slightly better version of the Rodney from 2 years ago. He might now be at the level of a second or third big on a mid major.

Waardenburg is unserviceable.

Gak still looks awkward.

The freshman looks like the most serviceable of the available bigs.

None of these guys should be seeing significant minutes on an ACC team in 2019.

Rodney looked like a slightly better version of the Rodney from 2 years ago. He might now be at the level of a second or third big on a mid major.

Waardenburg is unserviceable.

Gak still looks awkward.

The freshman looks like the most serviceable of the available bigs.

None of these guys should be seeing significant minutes on an ACC team in 2019.
Sad but true to all of the above.

I have no hope for Sam, he is what he is at this point. But hopefully Gak can start to make an impact as he eases back into game action. Like I said in my post on the prior page, this is a guy who was offered by UF, Kansas, Duke, and Indiana. L has done more with less talented bigs in the past (Gamble, Tonye, Izundu), so there's no reason to believe Gak can't evolve into a solid player. I believe his progression will be key to this season. If he continues to look like he did last night, we are going to be a bottom feeder in the ACC.

Advertisement
Back