OFFICIAL GAME THREAD ... And also Louisville game predictions, and game recap

Da_Lucky_One

All ACC
Let's do something different this year. Let''s post our pregame score predictions first then discuss the game as it occurs and post our thoughts after the game all on the same thread. Le'ts see how this works.

Advertisement
Miami wins 88-76. Lead by 5 players scoring in double figures, Miller leads the team in rebounding and McGusty leads the team in assist.

All 9 scholarship players will score but the walk-ons will not get into the game.

Miami with the first upset of the college basketball year. GO CANES.

Let's do something different this year. Let''s post our pregame score predictions first then discuss the game as it occurs and post our thoughts after the game all on the same thread. Le'ts see how this works.

We do that every year.

Advertisement
All on the same thread?

Here is a random one (below). I am all for conversation. Start threads on each opponent.

Here is a random one (below). I am all for conversation. Start threads on each opponent.

Thanks. I will. Post your game prediction to the "new" for 2019-20 season. LOL.

Advertisement
Louisvlle is projected as a Final Four team. I don't see how we can compete inside, defensively or on the glass at either end. We better make a ton of 3s. Too early to start picking the likely score of a game.

Williams: MPG: 18.1, PPG: 7.7, RPG: 6.1 and BPF: 1.2

Johnson was a 2019 Recruit

Nwora and Kimble are probably going to score a lot of points.

Those two and the Williamson kid who is also a freshman. It sounds like they will have 8 or 9 guys like Miami.

Advertisement
Canes 77-73. Anyone care to opine: I'm sorta keeping the schedule up to date in locked post thread 1. Options I can do are: (A) after each game played, knock off that game and just show next game and remaining (B) leave all games there and put W-L result (C) leave all games there and don't put W-L result (D) other. Thanks in advance.

Pre-game press conference from Assistant coach Chris Caputo.

Key points I heard:

1. Adjusting to the 20 game league schedule and how it affects the NET ranking as Miami tries to reach the NCAA tournament.
2. Last season against Louisville, the 7 guys ran out of gas. More depth will help, even with their inexperience. Completely agree.
3. 9 scholarship players available and Stone will be 10 scholarship players when healthy.
4. Subbing 10 guys is difficult for a coaching staff. I think only 7 players is worse. I would rather have and not need than need and not have.
5. Team is looking forward to playing this season after last season. The team is ready to compete for the ACC title.
6. Coaching staff prefers those 6'5, 6'6 wing players so Kam McGusty will be a factor.
7. Fan support is tremendously important to the team. Creating a great home court environment is the goal.
8. Freshman will earn a lot of playing time. There are plenty of minutes available. Let's not kid ourselves.
9. Positional size and athleticism will help the freshman, defense and effort will be their key to success.

Key points:

1. Excited to start the season against a ranked team per DJ.
2. Kam is tired of waiting and he is excited to play. We as fans are excited he was not kicked off the team like other sit-out transfers.
3. Chemistry is good between Kam, DJ and Chris.
4. Miami is always underranked per DJ. We mean business this season. Last season is part of this season's motivation.
5. Rodney and Sam are grabbing a lot of rebounds.
6. Louisville's depth will be a factor but Miami also has some depth as the Miami freshman has shown they will compete.

Advertisement
76-71 Louisville. I think it will be a close game but the inexperience will ultimately be our downfall. Freshman will show flashes of greatness but also show their youth on the defensive end. Gak will outplay Rodney overall, Kam and Lykes do the heavy work scoring, Waardenburg will get too many minutes, and DJ will be streaky. We need Stone to be that stretch 4, Waardenburg will not do a great job until Stone comes back. Walker may step up but it's too early to tell.

Advertisement
Back