Official Fix Our Uniforms Thread

smh

E7Qm6xxXMAYUNGl

E7Qm6y-XoAQjhm1

Chit is crooked & lopsided. My goodness.

Advertisement
When I was at UM in the mid to late 60s, uni colors were green, gold and white, with gold helmets. Had been that way forever and stayed that way into the 70s!

Not sure when orange first made its way onto UM uniforms but thinking it was mid-to-late 1970s.

The current uniform ain’t got **** to do with an Adidas design issue. And I’m chuckling at no throwbacks when the uniforms are actual throwbacks that Richt decided to make permanent.

It 100000% has to do w/ an Adidas design & the material they use.

Let me be very clear, since this is 1000% my space: Adidas gained market share traction after -

1. Kanye West
2. Kanye West
3. Kanye West

The “freshness” of their shoe designs came from 3 of Nike’s top designers jumping ship to them, & UTILIZING proprietary design patents from Nike & incorporating them w/ Adidas (if u don’t believe me, u can look up how Nike sued, won & submitted a cease & desist order against those designers which subsequently led to Adidas remaining stagnant outside of the Yeezy line)

Adidas is who they are, a European company that specializes in European sportswear & life style trends. They have always been behind the 8 ball in American sports which is y their basketball shoes suck, and they constantly get pushed out of the American Sports Apparel space. They also lose interest in programs, quickly, if their investments don’t come to fruition.

They listened to us, initially (honeymoon period) b/c we were a priority for them. They took a big risk on throwing out the cash they did, b/c it was assumed we would make good. We’re not their priority; UL, KU, and UDub are. So yeah, the shoddy work on the jersey is 100% on them. I’m pretty sure Blake nor Manny said: “Yeah, let’s get that stretched V right there on the collar & let’s have your logo slightly tilted up on one side, and ACC slightly tilted down on the other side. Also, if those shoulder pads can pop out after every play, that’ll be great. We’re teaching team unity here, and nothing builds better unity than to see our guys help put those pads back in play after play.”

When I was at UM in the mid to late 60s, uni colors were green, gold and white, with gold helmets. Had been that way forever and stayed that way into the 70s!

Not sure when orange first made its way onto UM uniforms but thinking it was mid-to-late 1970s.

Thank you! Finally someone who can bring some insight into our uniform history. The Orange, White, & Green is iconic b/c we won all the chips here, but I tell ppl all the time, those colors are not the history of the program. They’re fairly recent. Late 70’s, I believe.

It 100000% has to do w/ an Adidas design & the material they use.

Let me be very clear, since this is 1000% my space: Adidas gained market share traction after -

1. Kanye West
2. Kanye West
3. Kanye West

The “freshness” of their shoe designs came from 3 of Nike’s top designers jumping ship to them, & UTILIZING proprietary design patents from Nike & incorporating them w/ Adidas (if u don’t believe me, u can look up how Nike sued, won & submitted a cease & desist order against those designers which subsequently led to Adidas remaining stagnant outside of the Yeezy line)

Adidas is who they are, a European company that specializes in European sportswear & life style trends. They have always been behind the 8 ball in American sports which is y their basketball shoes suck, and they constantly get pushed out of the American Sports Apparel space. They also lose interest in programs, quickly, if their investments don’t come to fruition.

They listened to us, initially (honeymoon period) b/c we were a priority for them. They took a big risk on throwing out the cash they did, b/c it was assumed we would make good. We’re not their priority; UL, KU, and UDub are. So yeah, the shoddy work on the jersey is 100% on them. I’m pretty sure Blake nor Manny said: “Yeah, let’s get that stretched V right there on the collar & let’s have your logo slightly tilted up on one side, and ACC slightly tilted down on the other side. Also, if those shoulder pads can pop out after every play, that’ll be great. We’re teaching team unity here, and nothing builds better unity than to see our guys help put those pads back in play after play.”
I personally prefer Adidas over Nike, but this entire post tbh really is spot on.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back