Official Fire Mark Richt Thread

Mark Richt Will Lead Miami to the CFB Playoffs Next Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Blake James doesn’t care, The University doesn’t care. Whether we win or lose they get paid by the ACC. They don’t care if the fans are ****ed, until the stands are empty again. They have their nice new offices and facilities, Richt invested 1mm into it. Nothing will happen..

Advertisement
He doesn't do anything with the defense.

He doesn't do anything with special teams.

He doesn't do much at all with the offense.

He could be looking at film of each weeks' opponent, finding their weakest link, and finding ways to exploit it/them. Scouting opponents and scheming easy ways for your playmakers to dominate.

He could be learning on the fly what offensive juggernauts are doing on other teams NFL and college.

He could be looking at film and evaluating personnel on offense. Scheming around deficiency. Scheming for talent advantages.

Instead he makes sure his family is compensated, that there's family dinners (sans coaching staff or players), there's date nights with lots of drinks then a fun walk home.

He doesn't demand anything from his staff. He leaves them to flounder around. He pretends to listen to their suggestions, but knowing that change means work, he's not interested.

The "O" staff is mostly clueless. Under qualified to gameplan, scheme, fix things, but they are good recruiters.

He pretends in public to disagree with Jon but it's all prerehearsed.

He expects loyalty from staff, fans, and the University.

After the donation to the IPF and the extension of his contract, he is very comfortable and will change nothing.

I expect placeholder Blake to demand changes to "O" staff eventually.

I expect the BOT to fire him eventually.

The sooner these eventualities happen the sooner the Canes will prosper.

Lazy Mork has doing nothing down pat. No game plan, no motivation, no coaching, PERFECT!

He still thinks that whatever worked in 2008 is still good enough to work in 2018..
In fairness, it didn't really work in 2008, either.

In 2008, our offense had #1 overall pick Matthew Stafford, #12 overall pick Knowshon Moreno, future #4 overall pick AJ Green, and 2nd round pick Mohamed Massaquoi.

And we still lost to Florida 49-10.

In fairness, it didn't really work in 2008, either.

In 2008, our offense had #1 overall pick Matthew Stafford, #12 overall pick Knowshon Moreno, future #4 overall pick AJ Green, and 2nd round pick Mohamed Massaquoi.

And we still lost to Florida 49-10.

Ouch!

Advertisement
This is my thinking. I think it's a combination of stubbornness for his system as well as ignorance for today's offensive concepts. He's an old model missing all of today's bells and whistles.

It's like buying a car today with a CD player and no bluetooth capability.
Drat,,CDs are already obsolete?..

Drat,,CDs are already obsolete?..
I bought a new car 3 years ago and it doesn't have a CD player. I didn't notice for months until I wanted to play some of my older stuff from my CD collection and realized there was nowhere to play them.

He didn’t even realize Brian Burns was going to destroy our tackles until sack fumbles were happening. How could you watch that guy and know how slow our tackles are and think....it’ll be fine 👌

This. Every OC game plans for Burns. Except Mork. “ Well shucks. I guess we should’ve accounted for him.” WTF!! I have to believe it’s dementia because nobody is that incompetent.

Advertisement
I don't think he is either. Prideful maybe. I wish that it were the case that it was simply behavioral with Richt. But I think its much worse than simple character flaws. If he was lazy or entitled, both can be remedied or addressed.

I think he simply doesn't know what else to do to get this team playing at a championship level. That is a much more difficult problem.

See it in his demeanor on the sidelines. Saw it in Shannon and Golden's last few games. They simply don't know what else to do. Nor did they have the tools to figure it out.

Without fundamental changes, there is only one way that ends.

He could help both the program and himself immensely if he started interviewing young, hungry, and aggressive OCs now. Today. Not tomorrow.

Blake James doesn’t care, The University doesn’t care. Whether we win or lose they get paid by the ACC. They don’t care if the fans are ****ed, until the stands are empty again. They have their nice new offices and facilities, Richt invested 1mm into it. Nothing will happen..

Adidas does...

This! He does not game plan for opponents, does not look for advantages. He just runs his offense, expecting all 11 of his players to beat the people in front of them. He's a fossilized dinosaur.
He’s admitted as much. Rosier talked about Too. It’s pure laziness.

Advertisement
He still thinks they've got abilities they don't have. He thinks they got abused because they weren't executing. No doubt there are lapses in execution (lots of them), but the truth is that we don't have an O line that can block those kind of guys, even at their best. And he doesn't see it. Or doesn't want to.
How the **** does Army run for 340 yds against Oklahoma with 2 & 3 star offensive lineman and our run game is putrid with higher rated players?

How the **** does Army run for 340 yds against Oklahoma with 2 & 3 star offensive lineman and our run game is putrid with higher rated players?
THSFVVLCQIZIFYT.20160115013105.jpg

Advertisement
This guy couldn't be less productive if he tried. I truly blame majority of our ills on him. As vanilla as our O is, a good OL would still allow majority of our plays to work with some degree of effectiveness.
LMFAO!

Army's OL is coached by Brent Davis and Pat Tresey. These guys are coaching up there players big time.

I meant that we don't have the OL that can block the scheme he wants to run. I don't know what Army does, but I'd guess it involves a lot of misdirection, and creating mismatches. Those aren't things Richt does. He asks his guys to go right at the other team and overpower them.

I don't think he is either. Prideful maybe. I wish that it were the case that it was simply behavioral with Richt. But I think its much worse than simple character flaws. If he was lazy or entitled, both can be remedied or addressed.

I think he simply doesn't know what else to do to get this team playing at a championship level. That is a much more difficult problem.

See it in his demeanor on the sidelines. Saw it in Shannon and Golden's last few games. They simply don't know what else to do. Nor did they have the tools to figure it out.

Without fundamental changes, there is only one way that ends.

He could help both the program and himself immensely if he started interviewing young, hungry, and aggressive OCs now. Today. Not tomorrow.

His son is young

Advertisement
Back