Official Fire Mark Richt Thread

Mark Richt Will Lead Miami to the CFB Playoffs Next Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
I think Richt is just trying to get the o-line some work run blocking . We have to get it figured out soon and it looks well today . Love seeing Perry killing it . I’ve never seen Rosier look this good and pray that that’s a wrap for him

Why show any plays against FIU? Most power 5 teams go in vanilla, line up and make you stop them when playing an inferior opponent. Not concerned about this game plan one bit.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He doesn't do anything with the defense.

He doesn't do anything with special teams.

He doesn't do much at all with the offense.

He could be looking at film of each weeks' opponent, finding their weakest link, and finding ways to exploit it/them. Scouting opponents and scheming easy ways for your playmakers to dominate.

He could be learning on the fly what offensive juggernauts are doing on other teams NFL and college.

He could be looking at film and evaluating personnel on offense. Scheming around deficiency. Scheming for talent advantages.

Instead he makes sure his family is compensated, that there's family dinners (sans coaching staff or players), there's date nights with lots of drinks then a fun walk home.

He doesn't demand anything from his staff. He leaves them to flounder around. He pretends to listen to their suggestions, but knowing that change means work, he's not interested.

The "O" staff is mostly clueless. Under qualified to gameplan, scheme, fix things, but they are good recruiters.

He pretends in public to disagree with Jon but it's all prerehearsed.

He expects loyalty from staff, fans, and the University.

After the donation to the IPF and the extension of his contract, he is very comfortable and will change nothing.

I expect placeholder Blake to demand changes to "O" staff eventually.

I expect the BOT to fire him eventually.

The sooner these eventualities happen the sooner the Canes will prosper.

Advertisement
He doesn't do anything with the defense.

He doesn't do anything with special teams.

He doesn't do much at all with the offense.

He could be looking at film of each weeks' opponent, finding their weakest link, and finding ways to exploit it/them. Scouting opponents and scheming easy ways for your playmakers to dominate.

He could be learning on the fly what offensive juggernauts are doing on other teams NFL and college.

He could be looking at film and evaluating personnel on offense. Scheming around deficiency. Scheming for talent advantages.

Instead he makes sure his family is compensated, that there's family dinners (sans coaching staff or players), there's date nights with lots of drinks then a fun walk home.

He doesn't demand anything from his staff. He leaves them to flounder around. He pretends to listen to their suggestions, but knowing that change means work, he's not interested.

The "O" staff is mostly clueless. Under qualified to gameplan, scheme, fix things, but they are good recruiters.

He pretends in public to disagree with Jon but it's all prerehearsed.

He expects loyalty from staff, fans, and the University.

After the donation to the IPF and the extension of his contract, he is very comfortable and will change nothing.

I expect placeholder Blake to demand changes to "O" staff eventually.

I expect the BOT to fire him eventually.

The sooner these eventualities happen the sooner the Canes will prosper.
Been saying for 2 seasons OC Mork is just flat out lazy.

Advertisement
Richt is archaic in his thinking. He still thinks it's all about the Jimmies and Joes instead of x's and o's. He still thinks that whatever worked in 2008 is still good enough to work in 2018. He is a a-track player in a digital world. His comments defending his offense shows where his mind is.

For everyone saying he's such a good guy; he would be a good guy if he bowed out graciously instead of ruining his supposed alma mater. The game has passed him by and it's sad to see this team I've rooted for over 30 yrs look so lost and pedestrian against the BC's, Duke's and UVA's of the world. It sad to see 4 star talent being trotted out like they are 2 stars.

Can't even blame him at this point.

He's getting $4 million a year. His son is getting prob around $200k and his wife is getting prob like $70k.

What's his motivation to do anything differently?
This is why I have to believe, when you're spending this type of money as a university, you demand results.

Advertisement
Back