Official Fire Mark Richt Thread

Mark Richt Will Lead Miami to the CFB Playoffs Next Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
Butch could would offset any salary we'd have to eat by getting rid of him.

I love Butch, and he'd Coach for pennies on the dollar. But wasn't he the world's worst gameday coach?

Butch learned on the job and inherited a mess but I consider him to have NC ring becuse he would have beaten OKlahoma the year we got jobbed.
No one has an eye for talent like Butch. I dont think he would have fixed this right away either tho. sorry. half the golden holdovers prob would quit tho.
he was a savage.

So what's the plan? In reality, that is.

Find a $4M+ coach (who's willing to come after we fire Richt 8 games into his first year lol), and if he doesn't turn the whole thing around immediately (say, halfway through his first season) then fire him too? And then what, go hire another $4M+ coach about midway through next season??

Got it.

You know, that actually doesn't sound so bad. Let's do it!

Or, we could just keep him for 10 years and keep having record losing streaks.

Dang, good counter. Since there's nothing between those two extremes then I guess we have no choice but to go with OP's idea...fire him immmediately!!

Butch could would offset any salary we'd have to eat by getting rid of him.

I love Butch, and he'd Coach for pennies on the dollar. But wasn't he the world's worst gameday coach?

Butch learned on the job and inherited a mess but I consider him to have NC ring becuse he would have beaten OKlahoma the year we got jobbed.
No one has an eye for talent like Butch. I dont think he would have fixed this right away either tho. sorry. half the golden holdovers prob would quit tho.
he was a savage.

Too bad FIU is going to hire Butch. The man has a point to prove to the Board of Trustees.

While I put most of the blame on richt I'm not in the fire richt party. He's a CEO type that will build the program and will most likely try to hire a real OC in the offseason. Now if he channels his inner golden and refuses to release his grip over play calling them I will join the cause.

Advertisement
It all comes down to this summer. Swallow your pride and hire a dedicated competent OC and I'm willing ot give Richt more time.

If he keeps status quo...next season is going to be ugly. Banners will be everywhere.

Its not realistic that they will fire him this year.

But if he doesn't win the ACC championship next year.

No more chances. That's it. Time to terminate this relationship.

We must learn from the previous 3 messes about letting a bad coach go on too long.

We've never won an ACCCG. Do Iowa and Purdue fire their coaches after 2 years for not winning the Big 10? What about Texas Tech and Kansas, do they fire their coach every season or two for not winning the Big 12?

Some of you need to come to grip with reality. We havent won a bowl game in 10 years. We haven't won our ****** coastal division EVER.

Richt isnt getting fired. Just hope we get lucky.

Last edited:
i'll give him one more year only. this time next year, we better be a legit team or banners will fly again.

Advertisement
Delousional fans who think it's 2001. No one outside of the U thinks the U is anything special. We are so far behind the rest of college football off the field that it has caught up on the field.

Ppl act like top coaches are lining up to coach this team. They aren't and we struggled to even get interviews from the top up and comers last cycle.

There is virtually no talent on this roster outside of the freshman. sure at one point in time this group of kids were considered highly rated but they've lost valueable time in their development from the golden regime.

This is a legit rebuild it's not some quick fix our depth numbers haven't been right since randy and Coker feel asleep at the wheel.

Now once Richt has his guys we will see if he was the right hire.

Bump.

Do it now, suffer the consequences. This guy can't hack it.

Advertisement
I swear to Christ we have the worst ******* fanbase. Never ceases to amaze me. Can't blame some of the kids that pass up on us for not wanting to play for a bunch of delusional mental cases.

Not saying Richt is the next Jimmy Johnson, but for ***** sake, what did you expect this year???

I swear to Christ we have the worst ****ing fanbase. Never ceases to amaze me. Can't blame some of the kids that pass up on us for not wanting to play for a bunch of delusional mental cases.

Not saying Richt is the next Jimmy Johnson, but for ****s sake, what did you expect this year???

Looking at our recruiting classes for the last 4 years vs the opponents that we have faced up to this point I was expecting us to actually be above .500

I know. I'm ******* crazy and delusional lulz

Advertisement
Blowed double-digit 2nd half lead against FSU.
Down 20-3 against UNC before showing any fight.
Blowed out by VT.
Down 20-0 against ND before showing any fight.

but what did you expect??

I swear to Christ we have the worst ******* fanbase. Never ceases to amaze me. Can't blame some of the kids that pass up on us for not wanting to play for a bunch of delusional mental cases.

Not saying Richt is the next Jimmy Johnson, but for ***** sake, what did you expect this year???

I don't know....maybe not looking full ******/inept on the offensive side of the ball (Richt's alleged specialty). And maybe being able to beat a 2 win dog**** ND team.

Curious as to how all the geniuses on this board feel now about Richt?

Do you shmucks still want to fire him? LOL

Advertisement
Back