Official Fire Mark Richt Thread

Mark Richt Will Lead Miami to the CFB Playoffs Next Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
He doesn't do anything with the defense.

He doesn't do anything with special teams.

He doesn't do much at all with the offense.

He could be looking at film of each weeks' opponent, finding their weakest link, and finding ways to exploit it/them. Scouting opponents and scheming easy ways for your playmakers to dominate.

He could be learning on the fly what offensive juggernauts are doing on other teams NFL and college.

He could be looking at film and evaluating personnel on offense. Scheming around deficiency. Scheming for talent advantages.

Instead he makes sure his family is compensated, that there's family dinners (sans coaching staff or players), there's date nights with lots of drinks then a fun walk home.

He doesn't demand anything from his staff. He leaves them to flounder around. He pretends to listen to their suggestions, but knowing that change means work, he's not interested.

The "O" staff is mostly clueless. Under qualified to gameplan, scheme, fix things, but they are good recruiters.

He pretends in public to disagree with Jon but it's all prerehearsed.

He expects loyalty from staff, fans, and the University.

After the donation to the IPF and the extension of his contract, he is very comfortable and will change nothing.

I expect placeholder Blake to demand changes to "O" staff eventually.

I expect the BOT to fire him eventually.

The sooner these eventualities happen the sooner the Canes will prosper.

We're all frustrated, but you have no idea if half of what you claim is even remotely true. I'll take it as you're venting.

We're all frustrated, but you have no idea if half of what you claim is even remotely true. I'll take it as you're venting.

This.

There's so much to be ****ed about without making up motivations for people. We have no idea what he's doing or not at practice and in meetings or what he's saying to his family or any of that other nonsense.

We do know that he's putting a crap product on the field. We do know that he's not fixing any of the glaring deficiencies in his offense. We do know that he isn't motivating the kids to put out much effort.

And that's plenty.

hard to game plan for each opponent when you only have 5-6 plays..hard to mix up 5-6 plays to fool anyone..

Didn't you see his play sheet picture? He has EIGHT plays lmao

Also, is this a good time to talk about how our first play from scrimmage was a DESIGNED shotgun QB draw with malweak??????????????

Didn't you see his play sheet picture? He has EIGHT plays lmao

Also, is this a good time to talk about how our first play from scrimmage was a DESIGNED shotgun QB draw with malweak??????????????

that must have been play 7 and the jet sweep attempt was play 8...finally opening up the playbook..

Advertisement
If there is a god I fully expect him to tell the devout richt to pack his bags and get the **** out of miami

It may be wishful thinking but I feel like today on the Joe Rose Show he was defeated and realize he has to give up play calling.
This season is a loss, I kind of want a few more poor offensive performances if that's what it takes to make changes

Advertisement
It’s fairly obvious what he’s saying is true, just by watching you can see that. Also, richt has said during interviews that he doesn’t scheme. Rosier also noted that same sentiment after Duke.

This.

There's so much to be ****ed about without making up motivations for people. We have no idea what he's doing or not at practice and in meetings or what he's saying to his family or any of that other nonsense.

We do know that he's putting a crap product on the field. We do know that he's not fixing any of the glaring deficiencies in his offense. We do know that he isn't motivating the kids to put out much effort.

And that's plenty.
Rosier mentioned the lack of scheming in interview on QAM Saturday. It’s apparent there is no real game planning going on.

It may be wishful thinking but I feel like today on the Joe Rose Show he was defeated and realize he has to give up play calling.
This season is a loss, I kind of want a few more poor offensive performances if that's what it takes to make changes

Wrong. Recruiting is the lifeblood of a program....playcalling is much, much more distant.

You want to win? You get kids like Jadon Haselwood. The worse the offense looks, the more he re-thinks his decision (yes, I believe he's told the staff he's coming here). You want this offense to explode the next few weeks. If changes are going to be made (and they are), that decision is already made. Now you need to recruit talented kids. One way to help with that is to look capable on the field. You never, ever, ever wish for failure.

Wrong. Recruiting is the lifeblood of a program....playcalling is much, much more distant.

You want to win? You get kids like Jadon Haselwood. The worse the offense looks, the more he re-thinks his decision (yes, I believe he's told the staff he's coming here). You want this offense to explode the next few weeks. If changes are going to be made (and they are), that decision is already made. Now you need to recruit talented kids. One way to help with that is to look capable on the field. You never, ever, ever wish for failure.
Assuming that Richt stays then if the change coming next year is a yes man OC running what Richt wants on offense then that's worthless. Nothing short of an independent OC with his own scheme with the removal of Junior from QB coach and Searels from OL coach will be acceptable...and really after those cancer in the locker room comments which I also saw on the gaytor board, T Brown should go too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
stubborn yes, not sure about lazy
This is my thinking. I think it's a combination of stubbornness for his system as well as ignorance for today's offensive concepts. He's an old model missing all of today's bells and whistles.

It's like buying a car today with a CD player and no bluetooth capability.

He didn’t even realize Brian Burns was going to destroy our tackles until sack fumbles were happening. How could you watch that guy and know how slow our tackles are and think....it’ll be fine 👌

Advertisement
Rosier mentioned the lack of scheming in interview on QAM Saturday. It’s apparent there is no real game planning going on.

Oh I think he plans. He plans to run up the middle for 400 yds and 9 TDs and that will open up the jump ball to JT in the endzone. Big difference between poor planning and no planning. Occam's razor: he hasn't stopped doing the job, he's just doing it badly.

Oh I think he plans. He plans to run up the middle for 400 yds and 9 TDs and that will open up the jump ball to JT in the endzone. Big difference between poor planning and no planning. Occam's razor: he hasn't stopped doing the job, he's just doing it badly.
I dunno... I’m pretty sure he does nothing schematically for individual games.

He didn’t even realize Brian Burns was going to destroy our tackles until sack fumbles were happening. How could you watch that guy and know how slow our tackles are and think....it’ll be fine 👌

He still thinks they've got abilities they don't have. He thinks they got abused because they weren't executing. No doubt there are lapses in execution (lots of them), but the truth is that we don't have an O line that can block those kind of guys, even at their best. And he doesn't see it. Or doesn't want to.

I dunno... I’m pretty sure he does nothing schematically for individual games.

Know what? He may not. But that's because he's a true believer in what he's trying to do not because he doesn't go to work.

The result is the same so it doesn't matter, but it gets annoying reading the increasingly outlandish theories on why he's failing.

I think there was a thread the other day that said he sucked because he refused to eat as much fiber as his doctor prescribed.

Advertisement
Back