Official: ex LSU OT George Brown transfers to Miami

Advertisement
CMR still playing chess while everyone is playing Connect 4. It was a reason Vernon Carey and Bryant McKinnie were on campus today.

Exactly! After the last 5 years of disappointments lets let the current coaching staff try and fix the bag of shyit they where handed. Can.t get any worse!

Advertisement
As I mentioned yesterday, now D-Jax, Bethel and Joseph Jackson have another guy to help them develop during practice.

Other benefit: maybe this will light a fire under St. Louis.

Someone mentioned above that this could move Darling inside next year. I'd be really happy for him, as I think that's where he'll make his $ in the NFL.

Lu how do we know this guy is better than any other OT we have on the roster? The guy hasn't ever started in a game and all the sudden he could move Darling to guard next season?

I like the pick up and would love to see Darling move to his natural position of guard, but how do you know this is the guy that could do that?

As I mentioned yesterday, now D-Jax, Bethel and Joseph Jackson have another guy to help them develop during practice.

Someone mentioned above that this could move Darling inside next year. I'd be really happy for him, as I think that's where he'll make his $ in the NFL.

Lu how do we know this guy is better than any other OT we have on the roster? The guy hasn't ever started in a game and all the sudden he could move Darling to guard next season?

I like the pick up and would love to see Darling move to his natural position of guard, but how do you know this is the guy that could do that?

We don't but look at that size and the potential especially with belief in your oline coach to teach him and make him better

Kid has the tools

Solid pickup...OL needs much more infusion of talent.

Still a ways to go to win it all but we are chipping away at it.

Advertisement
Getting players will make this rebuild go much quicker. Keep the disenfranchised 4/5*s comin. Also love the comp it creates on the scout team.

Great news, I said in another thread that i thought wed never get him so I take that back. Lets go Canes!

Sweet we get him for 3 years to play! Let's build an unstoppable OL and DL and own the CFB world!!!!!

2017 OL:

LT: George Brown
LG: Trevor Darling - SR
C: Nick Linder - SR
RG: KC Mcdermott - SR
RT: Sunny Odogwu - SR

Depth:
Navaughn Donaldson - pushes for PT at LT/RT/RG/LG
Tyree St. Louis - pushes for PT at LT/RT
Tyler Gauthier - solid depth at G
Bar Milo - G depth

Looking alot more solid - hopefully we can land one more big OL target for the future

Advertisement
He's big. And he quickly gave up at LSU. That's all we know about him. For those assuming he'll step in and do this or that or be a "mauler" you have no idea.

Welcome to UM.

1. The biggest impact I've stated is as a guy on the 2nd and 3rd team giving a better look to DEs we need to develop. I know this because I've seen what's currently being thrown at those guys. It's commentary on our backup Tackles - not on this guy.
2. I have no idea if it will actually light a fire under St. Louis. I said "maybe." I'm hoping.
3. As for this moving Darling inside, I make mention that anotether poster sees, in the best case scenario, this allowing that to occur. And, I say that would make me happy for Darling because I think it's his natural position.

Beyond that, I don't know anything about this guy. He can be a completely lazy bum who never reaches his supposed potential here. Who knows.

Advertisement
I'm a big fan of adding highly thought of OL anytime I can get them. Here are my thoughts on him based off of one Hudl highlight video. I had literally never heard of him prior to his rumored transfer here.

Positives-
His frame is a prototype for what Richt likes to recruit in his tackles. Large legs, long arms, athletic feet, ability to add weight.
Feet are solid, with a developed kick slide. Feet work in conjunction with his upper half. This is generally what separates guards and tackles.
Possible mean streak?

Negatives-
Hand use and punch are deplorable. He literally leans on people with his shoulder at times.
Lack of functional strength. He is handling people, but he's not a people mover at all.
I listed possible mean streak, but I also think he might be fake tough. Will really drive block when he has a double team, and then talks smack to guys he outweighs by 100 lbs. and had a double team.
Tends to bend at the waist, rather than at the knees.This can be a sign of needing flexibility, or of laziness.

Overall-
I see a tackle only prospect due to a lack of functional strength and a dominant punch. His feet are above average, but not special. Basically, to me, he is a ball of clay. He needs to be completely rebuilt from the ground up as far as technique, and he needs a college weight room. The best thing for him is to take this year seriously and really focus on his weaknesses. He does that and he can compete for time here.

It won't be popular, but that one Hudl highlight video showed a player who plays like a three star player, but has the tools and potential of a high three star, low four star player. If you watch his tape and then watch Donaldson's, you will see a major difference, but that doesn't mean he's not a take. I do have questions as to whether he wants it or not, and you'll actually be able to see that pretty quickly by how he handles himself this year. If he comes back with added flexibility, sheds some baby fat and improves his power, you'll have an upper-level starter. If not, he'll get passed up by other players and be a depth guy.

LSU has 11 transfers so far this year. What's going on in that program?

boat-with-leak1.gif

Advertisement
Back