Official: ex LSU OT George Brown transfers to Miami

Good news. We need bodies at tackle now we can kick darling inside to guard and move McDermott to right guard and have brown compete with Donaldson for that spot

It's interesting to see that you are still as dumb as ever

Advertisement
* I posted this in the other thread about this young man.

This was LSU's Spring from 2016, George Brown Jr is No. 70 playing right tackle in purple for the 2nd team offense after the 28 minute mark.

He definitely will benefit from the additional transfer Redshirt year he appears to have the physical tools to be a solid RT at times but at other times he gets badly in blitz pick up or inside slants. I'll just say after watching the video I would say he would provide better depth long term than we currently have. Since this is a public forum I will leave it at that and him picking UM adds a bird in the hand now, that should not affect Miami's 2017 class we still need to add elite tackles.

[video=youtube;MSk4upuD7Mg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSk4upuD7Mg[/video]

Last edited:
Good news. We need bodies at tackle now we can kick darling inside to guard and move McDermott to right guard and have brown compete with Donaldson for that spot

It's interesting to see that you are still as dumb as ever

Lucane just basically said the same thing I said about moving darling to guard because that's his future position.... F_ck you.

Advertisement
He looked real good in that intersquad Spring Game. Check it out. He is # 70

Thanks friend. I'd love to see him a bit more against better competition and after a few years with LSU.

Something overlooked is the fact he gets to do everything but play, so truly he's going to be valuable. The scout team is far more important than most think it is, because they are providing a training ground for the starters who are trying to improve. It doesn't do Chad Thomas any good to face Jahair Jones or someone of that ilk because he's never going to face players like that in actual games. The DL needs legit tackles to face in-season to get better. Coach Kool is teaching hand usage (literally the biggest impact a DL coach can have is through teaching a player how to use their hands). If the rip or swim or dip works against crappy backups, the technique isn't getting as defined as it could be if the opponent could handle it. Bad habits are learned when it's easy.

My point is, depth isn't just important for games. Depth is just as important on the practice field, where improvement is more important than results. In the game, results are all that matters, but you get the results by working to improve. You improve through competition.

This move makes us better next year, but I'd argue it also makes us better right now.

Advertisement
Even if all we get is our solid backup RT for next season, I'll call it a win.

Thanks friend. I'd love to see him a bit more against better competition and after a few years with LSU.

Something overlooked is the fact he gets to do everything but play, so truly he's going to be valuable. The scout team is far more important than most think it is, because they are providing a training ground for the starters who are trying to improve. It doesn't do Chad Thomas any good to face Jahair Jones or someone of that ilk because he's never going to face players like that in actual games. The DL needs legit tackles to face in-season to get better. Coach Kool is teaching hand usage (literally the biggest impact a DL coach can have is through teaching a player how to use their hands). If the rip or swim or dip works against crappy backups, the technique isn't getting as defined as it could be if the opponent could handle it. Bad habits are learned when it's easy.

My point is, depth isn't just important for games. Depth is just as important on the practice field, where improvement is more important than results. In the game, results are all that matters, but you get the results by working to improve. You improve through competition.

This move makes us better next year, but I'd argue it also makes us better right now.

Why are you guys assuming he'll be an upgrade over what's already on the roster?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back