OFFENSIVE STAFF UPDATE

Kevin Beard and Tim Harris will not be back next year...Mark Richt already promised 3 of his guys at UGA a spot on the staff...
Main reason I'm ****ed off is because bryan McClendon is not better at developing WR than Beard...And ICE did do a great Job with the RB the first time ever MIAMI RB can go a whole year without a lost Fumble...And this came from a reliable source

I know I'm going to catch all kind of crap for this but I have no idea what people see in Ice Harris as a college coach. Yes he is a great guy, yes Icon in Miami and can develop kids. His RB's not fumbling means they did not fumble has almost... I say almost nothing to do with him as a coach. There are prob hundreds of coaches that are just as good. I cringe when a NCAA coach hires a guy from HS. Would saban lose a coach and hire replace him with a HS guy??

Now I will say that Beard because he is so hands on I a pretty good coach. The guy looks like he can suite up now and play. I think he proved he should be there. But I also think you need to see who Richt puts there before you start bashing it. In the end the resume of Ica and Beard is not great in respects to others... Just sayin.

High school coaches get hired all the time...where you dudes have been....some people start out at the High school level & move up the ranks

If you can coach you can coach don't matter the level you are...we see NFL coaches come to college & fail & vice verse.....

Gus the Auburn head coach says hello...you know he was a high school coach right...Larry,Randy & Al are college coaches right....

Advertisement
**** it's all true what others have been saying, we really do have the dumbest fan base around......

If this board had a giant meeting it would look like a cross between a comic book convention and a mental hospital.
I hate to admit it...but i get caught up in these threads knowing the material was just pulled out someones butt. When there are no facts to argue over we just make one up.. to argue over... I'm guilty..a sick geek..

**** it's all true what others have been saying, we really do have the dumbest fan base around......

If this board had a giant meeting it would look like a cross between a comic book convention and a mental hospital.
I hate to admit it...but i get caught up in these threads knowing the material was just pulled out someones butt. When there are no facts to argue over we just make one up.. to argue over... I'm guilty..a sick geek..

Add in the numerous trolls, comedians and tough guys and it would be quite the event.

Kevin Beard and Tim Harris will not be back next year...Mark Richt already promised 3 of his guys at UGA a spot on the staff...
Main reason I'm ****ed off is because bryan McClendon is not better at developing WR than Beard...And ICE did do a great Job with the RB the first time ever MIAMI RB can go a whole year without a lost Fumble...And this came from a reliable source

I know I'm going to catch all kind of crap for this but I have no idea what people see in Ice Harris as a college coach. Yes he is a great guy, yes Icon in Miami and can develop kids. His RB's not fumbling means they did not fumble has almost... I say almost nothing to do with him as a coach. There are prob hundreds of coaches that are just as good. I cringe when a NCAA coach hires a guy from HS. Would saban lose a coach and hire replace him with a HS guy??

Now I will say that Beard because he is so hands on I a pretty good coach. The guy looks like he can suite up now and play. I think he proved he should be there. But I also think you need to see who Richt puts there before you start bashing it. In the end the resume of Ica and Beard is not great in respects to others... Just sayin.

High school coaches get hired all the time...where you dudes have been....some people start out at the High school level & move up the ranks

If you can coach you can coach don't matter the level you are...we see NFL coaches come to college & fail & vice verse.....

Gus the Auburn head coach says hello...you know he was a high school coach right...Larry,Randy & Al are college coaches right....

You are right, they do move from HS to college all the time.....But most of the ones you have heard of were high school HEAD COACHES.

Malzan's first gig college assistant gig was at Arky. A **** program with no expectations of dynastic dominance. That was after 15 years as a HS head coach

Art Briles first assistant gig was at Texas Tech. A laughable, barely P5 level program. And that was after 20 years as a HS head coach.

Don Soldinger, a beloved Cane assistant, was a HS head coach for 6 seasons before being named a TE coach at Miami.

The University of Miami should never, EVER be a landing spot for guys whose resumes feature a few years as a HS position coach. It is absurd to even think about.

Advertisement
I don't know I have a feeling that maybe richt gets stuck with these scrubs until the end of 2016 off-season.

Would be a truly bad sign and huge red flag.

My philosophy on this coaching hire was I will not do what I did with Al and Randy, which was blindly agree with every decision just b/c they are the shiny new toy. I want to win. I want an elite staff. I believe Mark can bring in both wins and the right staff. But if he doesn't, I'm not going to sit here and excuse it either.

Advertisement
I don't know I have a feeling that maybe richt gets stuck with these scrubs until the end of 2016 off-season.

My philosophy on this coaching hire was I will not do what I did with Al and Randy, which was blindly agree with every decision just b/c they are the shiny new toy. I want to win. I want an elite staff. I believe Mark can bring in both wins and the right staff. But if he doesn't, I'm not going to sit here and excuse it either.

Unless all of the underclassmen leave, the expectation should be the same as it was during the coaching search: 10 wins (in context, considering injuries, etc.) or 1st year is a disappointment.

I made the mistake early in Randy's tenure to ignore my skepticism because I wanted to get back to winning so badly. I didn't do it with Golden and won't do it with Richt. Everything is judged based on evidence. Not hopes.

Be ****ed, who cares! Ice should have never been on this team, **** talker and Beard has not been around to truly say he has been an impact! Let Richt bring in the people he trusts.

You are right, they do move from HS to college all the time.....But most of the ones you have heard of were high school HEAD COACHES.

Malzan's first gig college assistant gig was at Arky. A **** program with no expectations of dynastic dominance. That was after 15 years as a HS head coach

Art Briles first assistant gig was at Texas Tech. A laughable, barely P5 level program. And that was after 20 years as a HS head coach.

Don Soldinger, a beloved Cane assistant, was a HS head coach for 6 seasons before being named a TE coach at Miami.

The University of Miami should never, EVER be a landing spot for guys whose resumes feature a few years as a HS position coach. It is absurd to even think about.

I thought Ice was a HS Head Coach with several HS national championships to his name. ???

Advertisement
Beard did not go from HS to our coaching staff. He went from HS to football OPs. Same rout for Ice and Hurley I believe.

Advertisement

Unless all of the underclassmen leave, the expectation should be the same as it was during the coaching search: 10 wins (in context, considering injuries, etc.) or 1st year is a disappointment.

I made the mistake early in Randy's tenure to ignore my skepticism because I wanted to get back to winning so badly. I didn't do it with Golden and won't do it with Richt. Everything is judged based on evidence. Not hopes.

I agree. The possitive expectations feel good but Mark has much to prove. When was last time he beat gator at UGA? For me, I need him to beat FSU first year. He has best QB he has seen in many a years and noles do not. Ten 10 and one of them FSU is base for me. Like it or not, Mark will not be measured against Golden but the past and the man who did NOT get hired -- Butch Davis. I think Mark get it done, but rope is short. If Jimbop beats him, all the splash will dry up and recruiting with it.

Advertisement
Back