OFFENSIVE STAFF UPDATE

Canes129

Recruit
Kevin Beard and Tim Harris will not be back next year...Mark Richt already promised 3 of his guys at UGA a spot on the staff...
Main reason I'm ****ed off is because bryan McClendon is not better at developing WR than Beard...And ICE did do a great Job with the RB the first time ever MIAMI RB can go a whole year without a lost Fumble...And this came from a reliable source

Advertisement
Assuming this is true, both Bmac and Beard have only coaches wide receivers for a year. Too early to tell

Advertisement
Kevin Beard and Tim Harris will not be back next year...Mark Richt already promised 3 of his guys at UGA a spot on the staff...
Main reason I'm ****ed off is because bryan McClendon is not better at developing WR than Beard...And ICE did do a great Job with the RB the first time ever MIAMI RB can go a whole year without a lost Fumble...And this came from a reliable source

I'm willing to give richt a pass at the moment. If he builds a monstrous staff then this thread is pointless. We don't know.

You are also incorrect about beard versus McClendon. Each has exactly one year of experience as a wr coach. Calling beard a great developer after ONE year ever as a wr coach is unimaginably stupid. McClendon also has many years as a stud rb coach at uga and is a fantastic recruiter.

I like Harris as well but he's a rb coach: easily the most overrated position coach on a fb staff. He was mediocre as a sfl recruiting contact too

I was told there wasn't any chance Beard would be back . That was a 4-5 days after MR was hired

Also, he wasn't viewed as one of the better coaches on staff ( putting it nicely)

Last edited:
McClendon's resume takes Beard's, bodyslams it, picks it up, suplexes it, takes off the padding on the turnbuckle, and smashes Beard's head against it 10 times while the crowd counts...and I like Beard. McClendon was the RB coach from 09-14 and UGA's RBs were some of the best in nation during that time. He was their recruiting coordinator, he was the assistant head coach, now he's the interim head coach.

Advertisement
Also, he wasn't viewed as one of the better coaches on staff ( putting it nicely)

Impossible. All the message board dipshyts have told me time and again that the WRs "look a lot better". Fcking dopes thinking Beard walked out of the secretarial pool last year and is suddenly Charlie Joyner.

Beard is exactly the type of "coach" that a HC in a death spiral hires when he either scapegoats his assistants or they jump off the sunken ship. He's like the pilot (Mosely??) that Coker hired to coach WRs when he was in his death spin.

Advertisement
McClendon's resume takes Beard's, bodyslams it, picks it up, suplexes it, takes off the padding on the turnbuckle, and smashes Beard's head against it 10 times while the crowd counts...and I like Beard. McClendon was the RB coach from 09-14 and UGA's RBs were some of the best in nation during that time. He was their recruiting coordinator, he was the assistant head coach, now he's the interim head coach.

Seriously. This. You're not very smart if you think Beard and McClendon are anywhere near the same level.

I think we all suspect McClendon, Lilly and Rocker to come. Lilly is TEs but Scott is there so probably McClendon and Lilly coach RB and WR

Advertisement
I think we all suspect McClendon, Lilly and Rocker to come. Lilly is TEs but Scott is there so probably McClendon and Lilly coach RB and WR

Scott played OT and has coached OL and RB in addition to TEs. I have no idea about his abilities coaching each position, but I am sure that MR can find a spot for him, Lilly and McClendon if he really wants all 3.

COACHING EXPERIENCE
2001 Run Game Coordinator/Offensive Line, Wharton HS
2001-03 Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line, Freedom HS
2004 Co-Offensive Coordinator, Sebring HS
2005 Director of High School Relations, USF
2006 Graduate Assistant, USF
2007-08 Tight Ends, USF
2009 Offensive Line, USF
2010-11 Tight Ends, USF
2012 Running Backs, USF
2013-Present Tight Ends, Miami
Larry Scott Profile - University of Miami Hurricanes Official Athletic Site