OFFENSIVE LINE

Advertisement
1. Flowers - 1st string (Golden)
2. Feliciano - 2nd string (Golden)
3. Isadora - 5th string / Practice Squad (Golden)
4. B Linder - 1st string (Golden)
5. KC McDermott - 4th string / Practice Squad (Golden)
6. Tyree St Louis - 2nd string (Golden)
7. Tyler Gauthier - 4th string / Practice Squad (Golden)

These are our guys in the NFL on the OL. The reason we don’t hear “From The U” along the NFL OL is b/c only 2 of our guys are starters, and only 4 of 7 are active on an NFL roster. It also bears witness that our only OL all came from the Golden regime.

****, with the exception of Homer, Shaq, Pinckney, Deejay, Colbert, Garvin, and Joe Jackson, (and technically Jackson, Shaq, Pinckney, and Homer committed to Golden), the regime of Richt/Diaz have not produced NFL talent (meaning staying on a roster).

That’s problematic. @hydro66
Majority yeah They might’ve signed/recruited with Golden but they were developed by richt and Diaz. Those years under Golden, especially at the tail end we had guys starting regularly who were not Miami caliber talent..under richt and Diaz we don’t have fentress starting linebacker, Joe brown on the oline etc etc

Majority yeah They might’ve signed/recruited with Golden but they were developed by richt and Diaz. Those years under Golden, especially at the tail end we had guys starting regularly who were not Miami caliber talent..under richt and Diaz we don’t have fentress starting linebacker, Joe brown on the oline etc etc
Let me edumacate you real fast my young g:

E Flowers (starter in NFL) drafted before Richt

B Linder (starter in the NFL) drafted before Richt.

Artie Burns (1st round pick) drafted before Richt

Clive Walford (3rd round pick) drafted before Richt

Jon Feliciano (4th round pick) drafted before Richt

Duke Johnson (3rd round pick) drafted before Richt

Denzel Perryman (2nd round pick) drafted before Richt

D Njoku (1st round pick) spent all but one yr under Golden

Brad Kaaya (projected 2nd round pick) barely drafted under Richt.

Our highest drafted players all came under Golden’s staff. I know that’s hard to believe b/c the guy sucked, but it’s the truth.

Our highest drafted players all came under Golden’s staff. I know that’s hard to believe b/c the guy sucked, but it’s the truth.
Jenkins 4th rounder spent 1 year under Richt.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Awesome. Chicago Cane here too, born & raised. I'm right down the street from you in Blue Island.
Where do you hangout to catch the Canes games during the season?
Nice man. Good to have a fellow Canes fan in Chicago. I usually just watch at home tbh. I’ve only watched a couple Miami games at a bar since I became a fan. Hbu?

1. Flowers - 1st string (Golden)
2. Feliciano - 2nd string (Golden)
3. Isadora - 5th string / Practice Squad (Golden)
4. B Linder - 1st string (Golden)
5. KC McDermott - 4th string / Practice Squad (Golden)
6. Tyree St Louis - 2nd string (Golden)
7. Tyler Gauthier - 4th string / Practice Squad (Golden)

These are our guys in the NFL on the OL. The reason we don’t hear “From The U” along the NFL OL is b/c only 2 of our guys are starters, and only 4 of 7 are active on an NFL roster. It also bears witness that our only OL all came from the Golden regime.

****, with the exception of Homer, Shaq, Pinckney, Deejay, Colbert, Garvin, and Joe Jackson, (and technically Jackson, Shaq, Pinckney, and Homer committed to Golden), the regime of Richt/Diaz have not produced NFL talent (meaning staying on a roster).

That’s problematic. @hydro66
Feliciano played pretty well Sunday. Actually got allot of pub during the game because he moved to center and played pretty well. That game was obviously on in my neck of the woods so I was watching it. He did a good job.

Advertisement

my friend who's a Georgia fan always said Richt's biggest problem was OL recruiting when we hired him

Advertisement
Diaz regime does not have much YET in the NFL and obviously that is due because most of them are still here or are scheduled to arrive next year.
Can't judge Diaz NFL success until 2022 onwards. Golden was a good recruiter - his loyalty to his coordinators was his demise as was his thoughts of having the U play Big 10 football

Flowers just got decimated by Aaron Donald, but starting...yep. The good news is almost anyone gets decimated by Donald 1 on 1...sometimes 2 in 1.

UM
Well considering he's the best DL in the league I would say that was expected.

Miami has produced an inordinate amount of offensive lineman to the NFL over the past 15 years considering how underwhelming - at best - our line has been here.

Getting the line to perform to their talent has been one of the issues we've had for a long time now, through numerous incarnations of OL coach.

Indicative of the quality of players, too, we've had guys who were basically immediate starters in the NFL (Linder, Seantrel Henderson, Ereck Flowers) and now we've got guys that just kind of hang around rosters - maybe they get a start or play due to injuries (St. Louis, Kc McDermott)...but we've definitely had talented lineman...but we just can't get them to play up to their talent level here and that talent level has been declining over the years.

Advertisement
Back