Offensive Firepower

Advertisement
we haven't had an offense like this since 2002 In terms of scoring potential. Not saying the talent is the same now but 40 a game shouldn't be out of question with this scheme, our players, and our favorable schedule.

we've come close 3 times, but haven't averaged more than 35 since 2002 and that was 40ppg

Advertisement
Honestly, I think the only regular season game that they have a decent chance to lose is Florida. And that’s only because it’s Game 1 with a new quarterback and other new pieces playing together for the first time. Schedule that for Game 3 or later and we win.

So a loss to a team that blows and a G5 coach… nah… no way… no built in preseason pass for the losing coach of this game…

Gotta be a real collection of loser coaches to not have a good football team when you have a top 10 QB, a top 7 back, a top 7 WR corps, an NFL TE and multiple NFL linemen.

No excuses.

Team better drop 30+ on everyone they play.

I also noticed that other than Cal and UNC RBs, there wasn’t another ACC team with a top 10 at any of the positions. We should be able to outscore and pull away from all our opponents. Bro Ball no more.

Advertisement
Of the 11 projected offensive starters, 9 of them made an All Conference team in 2023!!! The only players who did not, Arroyo & Okunlola, were both injured in 2023.

QB Cam Ward RSR 6-2 223 (2023 All-Pac 12 Honorable Mention Team)
HB Damien Martinez JR 6-0 237 (2023 All-Pac 12 First Team)
WR Sam Brown RSR 6-2 195 (2023 All-Big 12 Honorable Mention Team)
WR Jacolby George SR 6-0 176 (2023 All-ACC Honorable Mention)
SL Xavier Restrepo RSR 5-10 200 (2023 All-ACC First Team)
TE Elijah Arroyo RJR 6-4 245 (Injured in 2023)
LT Jalen Rivers RSR 6-5 325 (2023 All-ACC Second Team)
LG Samson Okunlola RFR 6-6 310 (Injured in 2023)
C Zach Carpenter RSR 6-5 295 (2023 All-Big Ten Honorable Mention)
RG Anez Cooper JR 6-6 325 (2023 All-ACC Honorable Mention)
RT Francis Mauigoa SO 6-6 325 (2023 All-ACC Second Team)

This offense better score at least 35 points per game NO EXCUSES.

Man that is crazy. I guess I knew that, just hadn’t put it together how loaded the team is with nationally recognized returning talent. And some of those guys are going to take BIG steps forward this season.

A good QB can cover a lot of bad coaching defencies. LSU with Joe Burrow and Oregon with Justin Herbert are examples.
Mario won 10+ games at Oregon with worse QB play. I expect the same with Cam
Don't forget they unlocked burrow by the HC being commited to being wide open.. don't forget prior Lsu was bro style purgatory like us.. in every off-season interview they said they would be wide open offense, joe Brady would run a wide open attack even 5 wide.. most rolled their eyes until texas game..

Man that is crazy. I guess I knew that, just hadn’t put it together how loaded the team is with nationally recognized returning talent. And some of those guys are going to take BIG steps forward this season.
Even looking at the and team, there is crazy talent all over this offensive roster.

QB Reese Poffenbarger RJR 6-0 208 (2023 All-CAA First Team)
HB Mark Fletcher SO 6-2 225 (2nd leading rusher on the team in 2023)
WR Isaiah Horton RSO 6-4 205
WR Jojo Trader FR 6-1 180 (#70 Overall recruit and #14 WR in the 2024 class)
SL Ray Ray Joseph SO 5-10 180 (#141 Overall recruit and #24 WR in the 2023 class)
TE Riley Williams SO 6-6 240 (#109 Overall recruit and #4 TE in the 2023 class)
LT Markel Bell JR 6-9 340 (#4 Overall JUCO recruit and the #1 JUCO tackle)
LG Matthew McCoy RSO 6-6 290
C Ryan Rodriguez RSO 6-2 275
RG
RT Tommy Kinsler RFR 6-6 340

Advertisement
I was just stating this recently in this post (I think yesterday), this actually deserves its own thread on main board:

I see guys give Dawson/Mario some super lazy goals in regards to offense. 30 points per game BS.. This is a offense that will feature some of the top players in nation in every unit ( I expect Cam in new york) .. It has everything you can ask for AND explosive young depth. A tired defense tryna hold face, facing the second team with Chris Johnson jr., ray ray, robby, jojo trader, ny carr, even kirk, all tryna make a name should drive totals closer to 40 a game.. (unless the defense is just trash and cant secure leads which is possible)

Looking at list, I think some of our guys are underrated also..
So does my fanduel account!

A good QB can cover a lot of bad coaching defencies. LSU with Joe Burrow and Oregon with Justin Herbert are examples.
Mario won 10+ games at Oregon with worse QB play. I expect the same with Cam
That LSU team was not poorly coached. Both coordinators got bigger that year.

Advertisement
Got to score a TD on every possession or it’s a failure

We got a better squad than 2019 LSU
2EOA3gM19upeDBPt_VNeZfCvqIck4_QC0GoLf3rg1y4.png

Advertisement
Back