Offensive Firepower

Advertisement
I was just stating this recently in this post (I think yesterday), this actually deserves its own thread on main board:

I see guys give Dawson/Mario some super lazy goals in regards to offense. 30 points per game BS.. This is a offense that will feature some of the top players in nation in every unit ( I expect Cam in new york) .. It has everything you can ask for AND explosive young depth. A tired defense tryna hold face, facing the second team with Chris Johnson jr., ray ray, robby, jojo trader, ny carr, even kirk, all tryna make a name should drive totals closer to 40 a game.. (unless the defense is just trash and cant secure leads which is possible)

Looking at list, I think some of our guys are underrated also..
I definitely agree on 40+. I actually think with enough throwing attempts, Cam Ward could put up some Joe Burrow type of numbers. Especially, given the schedule we have. I don't see any team on the schedule being able to slow down this offense. Not even FSU. Cam Ward's release is so quick with his accuracy is going to provide a lot of run after the catch opportunities that could result into house calls.

I think you guys are being really unfair about Offensive expectations.

We need to play safe & conservative, control the ball & wear Defeneses out for the 4 quarter.

30 points is way too much (unless 15 of those are Field Goals). I'd say 16-18 points a game is reasonable & anything higher is too lofty & you're just being a fake fan that wants a reason to hate on the Coaches.

Just be patient & give it time, it's only year 3 & nothing ever really happens in year 3 of a brand new Coaching tenure. Stop trying to put pressure on Mario, it's not his fault. He needs more time. Rome wasn't built in day. Championships aren't won overnight. It has be done the right way...

guysm.

Advertisement
With the portal additions mixed with the returning players, Miami should be very hard to stop on offense this season.

QB Cam Ward 3,735 Passing Yds, and 25 TD's
HB Damien Martinez 1,185 Rushing Yds, and 9 TD's
WR Xavier Restrepo 85 Rec, 1,092 Yds, and 6 TD's
WR Jacolby George 57 Rec, 864 Yds, and 8 TD's
WR Sam Brown 62 Rec, 815 Yds, and 3 TD's

You add a healthy Elijah Arroyo and this offense should give defenses fits all season. With the offensive line Miami has, this is now a legit playoff offense.

View attachment 288207
“Should be” is the key phrase here. If we play with pace, purpose and creativity, and not try to just play tuff and fizical, we’ll be just fine.

Time to put up or shut up.

We need to play safe & conservative, control the ball & wear Defeneses out for the 4 quarter.

30 points is way too much (unless 15 of those are Field Goals). I'd say 16-18 points a game is reasonable & anything higher is too lofty & you're just being a fake fan that wants a reason to hate on the Coaches.

Just be patient & give it time, it's only year 3 & nothing ever really happens in year 3 of a brand new Coaching tenure. Stop trying to put pressure on Mario, it's not his fault. He needs more time. Rome wasn't built in day. Championships aren't won overnight. It has be done the right way...

guysm.
Such a great post! We’ll be in year 7 of Mario-ball, and some of these dudes will still be saying that he needs more time to field a winning squad.

No more excuses. Time to get it done on the field. Anything less than 10 wins with this QB and these offensive weapons would be criminal and completely unacceptable. But as we know and have seen, Mario has been known to make a Ferrari run like a Pinto.

Oline still has to step up, even last years unit was protected with kid gloves for a vet unit.. We were max protecting with teams dropping 8.. Only 3 man routes against 8 guys?! They could almost triple cover everyone :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

Meanwhile we got 7 to block 3.. :snoopfacepalm:
I actually think the line will be better this year. I don't think the OL was elite last year. They were good but not elite. Our best OLs are yet to come. We will be a much better run blocking OL this year.

Advertisement
Such a great post! We’ll be in year 7 of Mario-ball, and some of these dudes will still be saying that he needs more time to field a winning squad.

No more excuses. Time to get it done on the field. Anything less than 10 wins with this QB and these offensive weapons would be criminal and completely unacceptable. But as we know and have seen, Mario has been known to make a Ferrari run like a Pinto.
Whoever says that should turn in their man card! He has to win now!

Whoever says that should turn in their man card! He has to win now!
I agree. If not with this collection of talent, then when?

I don’t expect for us to be a playoff team yet. What I do expect is 10 wins minimum and a New Year’s Day Bowl and win. Anything short of these goals would be a disappointment, in my opinion.

I agree. If not with this collection of talent, then when?

I don’t expect for us to be a playoff team yet. What I do expect is 10 wins minimum and a New Year’s Day Bowl and win. Anything short of these goals would be a disappointment, in my opinion.

All the 10 win P5 teams from last season were ranked in the Top 12. So get 10 wins and we have a pretty good chance of making the playoffs.

When did Mario make a Ferrari run like a pinto? Just curious.

Advertisement

guysm.
Forgot the Cam goes down with an ACL in the 2nd qtr vs. UF bit. That's my bid.

Advertisement
Forgot the Cam goes down with an ACL in the 2nd qtr vs. UF bit. That's my bid.
IMG_3964.jpeg

Advertisement
Back