Offense Depth Chart Possibility Heading Into Fall Camp

Williams didn't play against Pitt but was used a lot against NC State, UVA, Duke after Darling got hurt. They were probably trying to protect McDermott at LT.

Anyway, both McDermott and St. Louis got beat like a drum against NC State (37:35)

[video=youtube_share;KzXHqhMCRtI]https://youtu.be/KzXHqhMCRtI[/video]

NC State had one of the best DL in the country last year. They whipped every OL, including FSU and Clemson.

I swear half of the posters here are completely oblivious to college football outside of Miami. McDermott and St. Louis don't suck just because they struggled against an elite DL unit. By that definition, every OL NC State played got beat like a drum and was awful

Please find where I said any of this, you stupid *******.

Advertisement
I have a hard time believing Richt won't start Berrios game 1. That could change throughout season, but he starts VS Bethune

What the 2nd unit has in common is none of them have a former Miami player and NFL Hall of Famer as a father.

That wouldn't be true if you'd have included Michael Irvin II, who is the son of Michael Irvin, who is possibly the most famous alumnus of this football program. But you included Irving II, who literally doesn't exist.

Until he gets kicked off the team I'll call him Mike Irving II.

Opportunities like this don't come around very often.

Happened with Kaaya. (Different coaching staff)
You had 2 veteran QB's in camp against Kaaya with Ryan Williams (coming off an ACL injury) & Jake Heaps (graduate transfer with experience) far more talented than Rozier or Shirreffs.
How's Perry compare to Kaaya at this stage? We know Perry's far superior athletically but will he be able to handle the playbook this early?
If Perry can grasp the playbook, how does he not beat out Rozier or Shirreffs?

Perry won't start camp as the 2nd team QB. He'll likely start sat 3rd or even 4th team. He'll probably move up quickly, but no way Rick goes into camp with him #2 .

It's hard to imagine a true freshman non EE going from 3rd or 4th string on day 1 of fall camp, to the starter in week one of the season.

Luckily for Perry, Rosier and Shirreffs have no talent so that's exactly what will happen.

Advertisement
You had 2 veteran QB's in camp against Kaaya with Ryan Williams (coming off an ACL injury) & Jake Heaps (graduate transfer with experience) far more talented than Rozier or Shirreffs.
How's Perry compare to Kaaya at this stage? We know Perry's far superior athletically but will he be able to handle the playbook this early?

Perry won't start camp as the 2nd team QB. He'll likely start sat 3rd or even 4th team. He'll probably move up quickly, but no way Rick goes into camp with him #2 .

It's hard to imagine a true freshman non EE going from 3rd or 4th string on day 1 of fall camp, to the starter in week one of the season.

Luckily for Perry, Rosier and Shirreffs have no talent so that's exactly what will happen.

shytzee, that wasn't the conversation. Rok stated that Perry would come into camp 2nd on the depth chart. I don't think there's a chance of that.

That could change as camp progresses, and it could change quickly. But, politically, there's no way a HC inserts a freshman QB who has never practiced ahead of other scholarship QBs who have on the first day of fall camp.

Frenchfry

Can you read or do you have a problem with me?

I do believe Rokulika said "that Perry will be a starter in week one of the season" and that's what I'm responding to.

Just so you know what I'm talking about I underlined it for your Dumb ***

shytzee, that wasn't the conversation. Rok stated that Perry would come into camp 2nd on the depth chart. I don't think there's a chance of that.

That could change as camp progresses, and it could change quickly. But, politically, there's no way a HC inserts a freshman QB who has never practiced ahead of other scholarship QBs who have on the first day of fall camp.

Thomas and cager don't play the same position. and berrios is gonna start all season in the slot over Thomas.

I thought cager was transferring, according to you.

I'd be shocked if Jeff Thomas doesn't start

I think he will as the season progresses, but Berrios will get the nod early on.

Really hope to see Thomas as the primary return man

Berrios will be the starter probably the whole year but Thomas/Harley will get plenty of burn. We will probably see more 4wr sets this year get both berrios/Thomas or Harley on the field at the same time

Advertisement
QB Perry -- Rosier

RB Walton -- Homer

WR Thomas -- Berrios

WR Cager -- Mullins

WR Richards -- Dallas

TE Herndon -- Irving II

LT McDermott -- Brown

LG Darling -- Herbert

C Gauthier -- Linder

RG Donaldson -- Gaynor

RT St. Louis -- Hillery

Spot on but I think Jeff Thomas most likely works his way into that starting role as the season progresses. That is unless he absolutely crushes it in camp

QB Perry -- Rosier

RB Walton -- Homer

WR Thomas -- Berrios

WR Cager -- Mullins

WR Richards -- Dallas

TE Herndon -- Irving II

LT McDermott -- Brown

LG Darling -- Herbert

C Gauthier -- Linder

RG Donaldson -- Gaynor

RT St. Louis -- Hillery

I'd be surprised if Richt puts a true freshman who just came to school as #1 at any position going into camp.
Only thing I disagree w Rok on is Evan is QB1 on August 1. Maybe no one is.
Not sure about Linder BC Donaldson was a ones at end of spring.

QB Perry -- Rosier

RB Walton -- Homer

WR Thomas -- Berrios

WR Cager -- Mullins

WR Richards -- Dallas

TE Herndon -- Irving II

LT McDermott -- Brown

LG Darling -- Herbert

C Gauthier -- Linder

RG Donaldson -- Gaynor

RT St. Louis -- Hillery

I'd be surprised if Richt puts a true freshman who just came to school as #1 at any position going into camp.
Only thing I disagree w Rok on is Evan is QB1 on August 1. Maybe no one is.
Not sure about Linder BC Donaldson was a ones at end of spring.

Donaldson was 1st team before he even had a spring practice.

But, politically, there's no way a HC inserts a freshman QB who has never practiced ahead of other scholarship QBs who have on the first day of fall camp.

I completely agree with this. I do however think that Perry is going to see a lot of first team snaps early on, even starting camp as the 3rd string QB. Richt has a limited amount of time to determine if Perry can make it through the fire. He can't possible make such a determination with Perry going up against the 3rd string defense. The bullets are on the 1st string D.

People will inevitably think that the second Perry takes one snap against the 1st string D, that means he is going to be the starter. I don't think that is the case. He just needs as many reps as possible with the first team O and against the first team D, in order the true picture to be painted.

Advertisement
Thomas and cager don't play the same position. and berrios is gonna start all season in the slot over Thomas.

I thought cager was transferring, according to you.

Idiot Boy,

I said that Cager is a candidate to transfer after the season if things don't go his way in 2017, according to me.

I think he will as the season progresses, but Berrios will get the nod early on.

Berrios isn't coming off the field much because he's the best downfield blocker in the wide receiver corps. Miami is riding Walton certainly through the first half of the season. Thomas gets his reps. Too explosive not to do so. Great situation to be in.

Advertisement

Berrios isn't coming off the field much because he's the best downfield blocker in the wide receiver corps. Miami is riding Walton certainly through the first half of the season. Thomas gets his reps. Too explosive not to do so. Great situation to be in.

I agree about Berrios. He'll be on the field a ton along with Walton, Richards, Herndon.

Thomas, Cager, Mullins, Dallas, Homer, Irving II should also play a lot.

Gray, Burns, Harris, Harley, Njoku, Polendey, Langham provide depth.

But, politically, there's no way a HC inserts a freshman QB who has never practiced ahead of other scholarship QBs who have on the first day of fall camp.

I completely agree with this. I do however think that Perry is going to see a lot of first team snaps early on, even starting camp as the 3rd string QB. Richt has a limited amount of time to determine if Perry can make it through the fire. He can't possible make such a determination with Perry going up against the 3rd string defense. The bullets are on the 1st string D.

People will inevitably think that the second Perry takes one snap against the 1st string D, that means he is going to be the starter. I don't think that is the case. He just needs as many reps as possible with the first team O and against the first team D, in order the true picture to be painted.

Perry's the starter, got it.

I agree about Berrios. He'll be on the field a ton along with Walton, Richards, Herndon.

I don't think there's that much playing at WR time to go around (barring injuries of course)

We only had 5 WR's catch a pass last year. Our 4th & 5th WR's last year, Berrios & Harris, had 19 catches between them.

I feel like Richards-Thomas-Berrios are going to be a pretty firm first 3.

So 4 & 5 will be a pretty good 6 way battle for 2 spots between Cager/Mullins/Harris/Dallas/Harley/Njoku.

Outside of Thomas, I think it's going to be very hard for the freshman to see any playing time at WR. I'd like to see Dallas at RB and Langham at TE.

I don't think there's that much playing at WR time to go around (barring injuries of course)

We only had 5 WR's catch a pass last year. Our 4th & 5th WR's last year, Berrios & Harris, had 19 catches between them.

I feel like Richards-Thomas-Berrios are going to be a pretty firm first 3.

So 4 & 5 will be a pretty good 6 way battle for 2 spots between Cager/Mullins/Harris/Dallas/Harley/Njoku.

Outside of Thomas, I think it's going to be very hard for the freshman to see any playing time at WR. I'd like to see Dallas at RB and Langham at TE.

Same here.

Dallas is too explosive to be the 5th or 6th WR.

Advertisement
Back