WR Cager -- Mullins

WR Richards -- Dallas

TE Herndon -- Irving II

LT McDermott -- Brown

LG Darling -- Herbert

C Gauthier -- Linder

RG Donaldson -- Gaynor

RT St. Louis -- Hillery

This is the eventual two-deep imo. Spot on.

But it may take a little while for Perry and Thomas to be named starters imo.

And it wouldn't surprise me to see them give Linder a chance to regain his job now that he's back.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Donaldson been starting since spring

I expect Perry, Thomas, Donaldson to start against Bethune.

However, they'll have to earn it in camp. Donaldson might run with the 1s on the first day of camp but Perry and Thomas have yet to practice here, and I doubt they'll be thrust into anything immediately. They'll need to have at least one scrimmage imo.

How's Sunny Odogwu looking in camp? I remember a month ago you were insistent he'd start over St. Louis, our best OL, because Searles is biased towards Seniors, or some nonsense like that. You're out of your league.

St. Louis is our best OL now?

Anyways, Odogwu didn't have any contact this spring and transferred because he was told he would have to compete for the RT job. But don't let those facts get in the way of your argument, little man.

You were privy to what the coaches told Odogwu? Weird, haven't read that anywhere.

And yes, St. Louis then KC are easily our best OL, don't know how anyone who knows a little bit about football can debate. St. Louis came on stronger than any OL we have the last 5 games of the season, especially against Pitt.

But you're also the guy who wouldn't attend UM games for almost a decade because you claimed they were "too hot," so don't expect any of that to resonate with you.

Entire 2nd team has basically never played a down on this level.

Homer, Mullins, Irvin played some special teams but that's about it.

Notice how this is just one possibility as they enter Fall Camp in five days and not the final depth chart, you retarded ********.

And?..... you can say that about a number of teams plus it's not factual outside some of the oline....

2nd team
Rb
Homer- experience
Gray experience

Te
Irvin- experience

Oline
Brown
Herbert
Gaynor
Linder experience
Hillery

Receiver
Harris experience
Mullins experience

Homer, Mullins, Irvin don't have experience aside from special teams and an extremely limited number of garbage time snaps.

Are you capable of understanding what I just wrote?

Advertisement

However, they'll have to earn it in camp. Donaldson might run with the 1s on the first day of camp but Perry and Thomas have yet to practice here, and I doubt they'll be thrust into anything immediately. They'll need to have at least one scrimmage imo.

How's Sunny Odogwu looking in camp? I remember a month ago you were insistent he'd start over St. Louis, our best OL, because Searles is biased towards Seniors, or some nonsense like that. You're out of your league.

Anyways, Odogwu didn't have any contact this spring and transferred because he was told he would have to compete for the RT job. But don't let those facts get in the way of your argument, little man.

You were privy to what the coaches told Odogwu? Weird, haven't read that anywhere.

And yes, St. Louis then KC are easily our best OL, don't know how anyone who knows a little bit about football can debate. St. Louis came on stronger than any OL we have the last 5 games of the season, especially against Pitt.

But you're also the guy who wouldn't attend UM games for almost a decade because you claimed they were "too hot," so don't expect any of that to resonate with you.

It's all in this article: Sunny Odogwu and his high school coach share a harrowing tale of triumph that isn?t over yet.

What was missing from the equation was the promise that he could regain his starting spot. Though deeply appreciative of the new coaching staff that had taken the helm at Miami in 2016, the role proposed to Odogwu upon his return had him questioning whether moving on would be a better option.

“They said I would be splitting the time with the guy that finished the season with them,” recalled Odogwu.

“They basically said they want to split time because they still have the guy for two more years. In that case, I think my mind is made up. I was like, ‘I don't mean to sound selfish, but now I have to be selfish like (Hailemariam) said. I love this team. I've given you virtually nothing but my best every time and I've done nothing but work hard, pay attention, and do everything right I have to do. I cannot split time my senior year 50/50. I cannot do 50/50 splits my senior year. It means a lot to me. I'm coming back from injury and I have to show people what I can do to be able to help my family in Africa. To be able to give them a better life. To give my mom a chance to live a good life and get better medication. My family is in poverty in Africa.’”

Those are Dogflu's words, not mine.

And St. Louis had major help against Pitt, in the form of Herndon and M. Williams. If you think he was out on an island against Price the whole game then you're wrong, again. If he was our best OL he'd probably be the starting LT.

And Jesus dude I skipped some games in 2014 and 2015, so get your facts straight please. Or come meat me in the blue lot. And they built that canopy for a reason lol.

I never mentioned perry and thomas, but I don't see how donaldson would open fall camp as a backup when he was a stater in spring

I never mentioned perry and thomas, but I don't see how donaldson would open fall camp as a backup when he was a stater in spring

He'll be our starting RG against Bethune, I just see a possibility that they'll give Linder and Darling the first crack based on their experience.

It's very rare for three true freshmen to start from day 1, let alone without having practiced before (in the case of Perry, Thomas).

These freshmen need to be broken down before they can succeed. I'm sure they'll face a lot of challenges in August. Nothing's going to be given to them.

Advertisement

It's all in this article: Sunny Odogwu and his high school coach share a harrowing tale of triumph that isn?t over yet.

What was missing from the equation was the promise that he could regain his starting spot. Though deeply appreciative of the new coaching staff that had taken the helm at Miami in 2016, the role proposed to Odogwu upon his return had him questioning whether moving on would be a better option.

“They said I would be splitting the time with the guy that finished the season with them,” recalled Odogwu.

“They basically said they want to split time because they still have the guy for two more years. In that case, I think my mind is made up. I was like, ‘I don't mean to sound selfish, but now I have to be selfish like (Hailemariam) said. I love this team. I've given you virtually nothing but my best every time and I've done nothing but work hard, pay attention, and do everything right I have to do. I cannot split time my senior year 50/50. I cannot do 50/50 splits my senior year. It means a lot to me. I'm coming back from injury and I have to show people what I can do to be able to help my family in Africa. To be able to give them a better life. To give my mom a chance to live a good life and get better medication. My family is in poverty in Africa.’”

And St. Louis had major help against Pitt, in the form of Herndon and M. Williams. If you think he was out on an island against Price the whole game then you're wrong, again. If he was our best OL he'd probably be the starting LT.

And Jesus dude I skipped some games in 2014 and 2015, so get your facts straight please. Or come meat me in the blue lot. And they built that canopy for a reason lol.

Except that's not factual and St. Louis needed very little help the times he was over him (rarely did we line our TE or backs on that side, also halfway through the 2nd quarter and Williams hasn't gotten a snap).

It's all on the tape and I don't think you have the slightest clue what you're talking about in terms of understanding what's going on, and that's ok. Watch every offensive snap of the Pitt game, it's all on youtube. Watch on Richards' one handed catch, **** watch almost every dropback Kaaya had. St. Louis is terrific in pass pro. He's got the best feet of any returning OL and is the most athletic by far.

Sunny is no longer with the team.

Except that's not factual and St. Louis needed very little help the times he was over him (rarely did we line our TE or backs on that side, also halfway through the 2nd quarter and Williams hasn't gotten a snap).

It's all on the tape and I don't think you have the slightest clue what you're talking about in terms of understanding what's going on, and that's ok. Watch every offensive snap of the Pitt game, it's all on youtube. Watch on Richards' one handed catch, **** watch almost every dropback Kaaya had. St. Louis is terrific in pass pro. He's got the best feet of any returning OL and is the most athletic by far.

St.louis is not terriffic in pass pro. He got beat and had struggles himself last year.

Advertisement
Donaldson is starting. I think our best OL is:
LT- McDermott
LG - Donaldson
C- Gauthier (Linder is hot garbage)
RG - Darling
RT - St. Louis

This right here.

That's what I'm hoping to see as far as the starting unit goes. I think Gauthier can be a pretty good center.

Richard's one handed catch was a three step drop. When Kaaya hit Richards deep St. Louis had Herndon right there (St. Louis did a good job).

I like St. Louis, but he was given a shot to lock down the LT position and could not. He's a very good RT though.

Ummm...the second team has little/no experience because they're all freshmen and sophomores. That's usually how it works in college football. You've only got 85 scholarships, it's almost impossible to have an entire two deep of experienced players.

Advertisement
Williams didn't play against Pitt but was used a lot against NC State, UVA, Duke after Darling got hurt. They were probably trying to protect McDermott at LT.

Anyway, both McDermott and St. Louis got beat like a drum against NC State (37:35)

[video=youtube_share;KzXHqhMCRtI]https://youtu.be/KzXHqhMCRtI[/video]

Williams didn't play against Pitt but was used a lot against NC State, UVA, Duke after Darling got hurt. They were probably trying to protect McDermott at LT.

Anyway, both McDermott and St. Louis got beat like a drum against NC State (37:35)

[video=youtube_share;KzXHqhMCRtI]https://youtu.be/KzXHqhMCRtI[/video]

One of the better DL's in the ACC. Still not an excuse, tho.

Advertisement
Back