Offense Depth Chart Possibility Heading Into Fall Camp

I'd be shocked if Jeff Thomas doesn't start

I think he will as the season progresses, but Berrios will get the nod early on.

Really hope to see Thomas as the primary return man

Berrios isn't coming off the field much because he's the best downfield blocker in the wide receiver corps. Miami is riding Walton certainly through the first half of the season. Thomas gets his reps. Too explosive not to do so. Great situation to be in.

Gonna be a long sorry *** season if Rick is playing an inferior WR because he blocks better than a TD-waiting-to-happen WR. Hopefully we'll get more in the "put the guy out there who scares the fck out of the defense and can score every time he touches the ball" mode.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Offensive Depth Chart Possibility! The key word is possibility! I just don't understand the hype with Rosier, because I have not seen high school film nor several playing opportunities that shown evidence he can lead this team and win a big game. He played behind a QB who never won a big game...until the recent bowl game. I would not blame Kaaya for not winning big games, because previous coaching staff never prepared a team with 30 days off. I concur with majority of the responses on possible depth chart, but the QB position is wide open in my opinion.
Nevertheless, the term depth reference quality of team, which is the most importance factor to be considering here. The bottom line, Canes offensive players are talented, and the coaching staff can be very creative from game to game...depending on the opponent. For example, playing a GT versus VT style of defense could determine the scheme. GT plays more zone and off coverage; whereby, VT will blitz more frequently. I would use Berios, Mullins, and Richards against GT. Thusly, I would use Thomas, Cager, Hartley, Dallas, and Richards against VT.

Lastly, FSU coaching staff does not want to see Perry...period. Perry has a quick release; very mobile; and can throw the deep ball. The two teams that kills FSU every year have been Clemson and Louisville...mobile QB who can throw!

I'd be shocked if Jeff Thomas doesn't start

I think he will as the season progresses, but Berrios will get the nod early on.

Really hope to see Thomas as the primary return man

Berrios isn't coming off the field much because he's the best downfield blocker in the wide receiver corps. Miami is riding Walton certainly through the first half of the season. Thomas gets his reps. Too explosive not to do so. Great situation to be in.

Gonna be a long sorry *** season if Rick is playing an inferior WR because he blocks better than a TD-waiting-to-happen WR. Hopefully we'll get more in the "put the guy out there who scares the fck out of the defense and can score every time he touches the ball" mode.

No, it won't. Thomas will get his reps. Too explosive not. Berrios will play some X.

Advertisement
Back