Off Topic: WBB Miami and NIL Ruling

Advertisement
Look guys, the NCAA is saving the collegiate world yet again from Miami providing food to young adults.

Meanwhile, an accessory to a murder is still suiting up for Alabama basketball program
Yah, but that's a state crime, outside the purview of the NCAA. Same as Pedo State's sexual misconduct.

RIGHT! That's CRAZY to me that they know for fact buddy was at the very least a third party to providing that kid that gun and he isn't even kicked off the team nor did we hear anything about the NCAA looking into that. I can only imagine the heat we'd be catching as a university if we had that situation. Look at ufag with Hernandez all these years ago. I don't think majority of America STILL understands MEYER **** NEAR ADMITTED TO COVERING UP TWO MURDERS BY PLAYERS WHILE HE WAS THERE!!! But the NCAA is worried about a coach doing exactly what the entire NCAA does as a coach to contact a booster.

We'd have another SI article written about shutting the program down. Ludicrous that kid isn't even suspended pending further investigation at a minimum.

Advertisement
The $&@ing hypocrisy. Boosters were in the media for offering Rashada to play for UF. Pay to play. In writing. NCAA did nothing.

The NCAA will avoid the courtroom at all costs. The Supreme Court has already put these idiots on notice. The Supreme Court ruled unanimously that the NCAA may not place limits on education-related benefits student-athletes can receive for playing college sports.
This is the **** show the NCAA is and their last grasp at being relevant. They will be gone soon enough and so will the bloated salaries of all their executives.

It is a sad, sad day when the NCAA issues a ruling that essentially says that one dinner constitutes an illegal recruiting inducement FOR TWO YOUNG WOMEN WHO WERE ALREADY MILLIONAIRES BEFORE THEY ENTERED THE TRANSFER PORTAL.

Man, that must have been the juiciest not-well-done steak EVER, to convince those impressionable little girls to pick a cow-town like Miami (near where their father went to college) over staying in Fresno.

Advertisement
This investigation happened months ago and the school, players , staff have already accepted and served penalties.

Notice I didn’t say Ruiz. As a booster, the NCAA could very easily have gone after him. But they didn’t. Care to guess why?
what are they gonna do to ruiz? hes not breaking any laws. hes not employed by the school. its the schools fault we broke that rule (similar to a lawyer reaching out to someone who they know need assistance rather than letting that person reach out to them).

I’m not sure why y’all are laughing at the NCAA on this.

Ruiz has been yelling from the mountaintop that everything he does is legal and he has never violated any regulation.

And this shows that’s not true. Hate the NCAA all you want but Ruiz looks like a total fool.
Just because they charged it doesn’t make it accurate. Good God. When if it happened in this instance. They’ve accused us of lots of things.

But I mean since schools can help facilitate now, even if this happened exactly the same way again, would it even matter as the school is able to be involved?
Exactly. Pre NIL, people were calling for KU Bball death penalty. With how the NIL stands now, it's an after thought and was treated as such.

what are they gonna do to ruiz? hes not breaking any laws. hes not employed by the school. its the schools fault we broke that rule (similar to a lawyer reaching out to someone who they know need assistance rather than letting that person reach out to them).
The NCAA can sanction boosters and restrict their contact with the school. But they have to be really careful about doing that. Especially if the booster is a lawyer

Advertisement
When certain posters were running around streaking and telling us how the NCAA had no more rules to enforce, I tried to point out that NIL didn't change the rules on boosters and the rules on recruiting.

And when certain posters were calling Mr. Ruiz's tweet about Nijel Pack "a stroke of marketing genius", I continued to warn that the timing and specificity of Mr. Ruiz's tweets could cause us some problems in the future.

It sucks being right.

CIS last year when the NIL rules came into effect:
1677268643888.jpeg

Advertisement
When certain posters were running around streaking and telling us how the NCAA had no more rules to enforce, I tried to point out that NIL didn't change the rules on boosters and the rules on recruiting.

And when certain posters were calling Mr. Ruiz's tweet about Nijel Pack "a stroke of marketing genius", I continued to warn that the timing and specificity of Mr. Ruiz's tweets could cause us some problems in the future.

It sucks being right.

CIS last year when the NIL rules came into effect:
View attachment 231285
I cannot comprehend that some posters ever thought Ruiz’s antics would be good for Miami. It’s like they are new fans to the program or something.

It did have something to do with Ruiz and his actions.

Who in the **** do you think Katie Meier contacted?
Bruh if I am walking down the street in vegas and someone walks up to me and offers me coke and a cop hears it, I am not getting arrested. The specific finding was Meier contacted a rep. Maybe it was Ruiz, maybe it was Jr., maybe it was a secretary, who knows. But the poster I was responding to said:

"Ruiz has been yelling from the mountaintop that everything he does is legal and he has never violated any regulation.

And this shows that’s not true. Hate the NCAA all you want but Ruiz looks like a total fool."

What did Ruiz do that was illegal? What did Ruiz do that violated any regulation? How does this make Ruiz look like a fool?

Ruiz said himself if it affected him or his company he would go after them. But it doesn't and it was Meier who screwed up.

Advertisement
Back