Off Topic. Donald Sterling to GF - Don't Bring Black People

**** that guy. I happened to be mixed as well, and it's amazing how ignorant people can be when they assume race. There is a lot of ignorance in the world in all shapes and sizes. This *** hole represents corporate America and how full full of **** many millionaires are to our faces. NBA needs to force him to sell this franchise.

Advertisement
Lulz at Paranos. Dorito isnt racist and hasn't done anything to give off that impression. SMH.

**** that guy. I happened to be mixed as well, and it's amazing how ignorant people can be when they assume race. There is a lot of ignorance in the world in all shapes and sizes. This *** hole represents corporate America and how full full of **** many millionaires are to our faces. NBA needs to force him to sell this franchise.

I share many of these same sentiments.

Advertisement
Advertisement
335.jpg

LMFAO! Talk about the short bus. What is that? 4 seats on that bus? lol

I'm not much of a basketball fan, so I don't really care too much. But I do believe in fairness. I heard Barkley say the NBA is a "black league". That offended me as a white dude and seemed racists. Shouldn't the NBA band him from their telecasts? And, if indeed Barkley is correct, shouldn't the Feds force some form of affirmative action program on the NBA so more white dudes can play, or let's not forget all the Mexicans. Not sure what rule changes are need to make the game equally fair for them since they tend to be a little short, but I bet they would like a shot at those millions. Not to mention, a lot of short ****** guys think they can play basketball too. Rules can be changed, they have been before, and the changes can favor certain types of players.

The Perfect Dolphins had the best defense in NFL history until Ray's boys broke their record for points scored against. There was one starting black player on the defense, Curtiss Johnson. The NFL wanted more scoring and made major rule changes after that. Those rules favored speed and bang, white dudes got less NFL jobs.

I really don't give a crap about this rich old man, and I normally like Barkley's mouth, but if we are going to punish people for their thoughts and words, then let's be fair. Take the dude's franchise, but fire Barkley and ban him from NBA related stuff. Me, I think people should be allow to have freedom of thought and speech, but if that is not the rule then the new rule must be applied equally.

Advertisement
Slave owners (white ones anyway) loved Nubian booty.

Pretty sure the black slave owners did too.

That wasn't the point. Point is white men with these viewpoints don't seem to have a problem having *** with another race. Even though they would call us beast, monkeys, and everything else, they would still find it necessary to *** black women.

So Sterling having a woman of color doesn't disqualify him from being called a "racist".

I'm not much of a basketball fan, so I don't really care too much. But I do believe in fairness. I heard Barkley say the NBA is a "black league". That offended me as a white dude and seemed racists. Shouldn't the NBA band him from their telecasts? And, if indeed Barkley is correct, shouldn't the Feds force some form of affirmative action program on the NBA so more white dudes can play, or let's not forget all the Mexicans. Not sure what rule changes are need to make the game equally fair for them since they tend to be a little short, but I bet they would like a shot at those millions. Not to mention, a lot of short ****** guys think they can play basketball too. Rules can be changed, they have been before, and the changes can favor certain types of players.

The Perfect Dolphins had the best defense in NFL history until Ray's boys broke their record for points scored against. There was one starting black player on the defense, Curtiss Johnson. The NFL wanted more scoring and made major rule changes after that. Those rules favored speed and bang, white dudes got less NFL jobs.

I really don't give a crap about this rich old man, and I normally like Barkley's mouth, but if we are going to punish people for their thoughts and words, then let's be fair. Take the dude's franchise, but fire Barkley and ban him from NBA related stuff. Me, I think people should be allow to have freedom of thought and speech, but if that is not the rule then the new rule must be applied equally.

Fair. Freedom of speech is a right that no one should be denied. To be honest, it's not the fact that he spoke his mind. I fully get that there are people like this in the world. It's the fact that he told his "girlfriend" not to bring "black people" to his games as if their money isn't appreciated as another patrons would be. If he doesn't want to be associated with African Americans/ Mexicans/ **** Pollacks to that degree, then he should find another business to run, maybe with Rand Paul, where he can choose who he wants to serve. That roster full of all shades and ethnicities have to incensed by this mans words right now.

She's benefiting from his wealth, as are the players. The hypocrisy runs deep all over. If she finds old white guys so attractive, I wonder if she'll go find a poor one that has the correct social views. No, of course not. Maybe the players will refuse his money. No, not that either. I don't support his views, but this was a private conversation (supposedly). I wonder how many people here have had private conversations that would be embarrassing if made public.

Honestly, it bothers me more that this private conversation between this chick and an 80 year old man was recorded without his apparent consent. His views are his views. That hasn't prevented him from paying a lot of NBA paychecks over the last 35 years. I wouldn't get too riled up about him. He'll be gone soon enough. Meanwhile, each person can take an honest look at their own thoughts. I can tell you that I'm not always comfortable with mine.

Advertisement

She's benefiting from his wealth, as are the players. The hypocrisy runs deep all over. If she finds old white guys so attractive, I wonder if she'll go find a poor one that has the correct social views. No, of course not. Maybe the players will refuse his money. No, not that either. I don't support his views, but this was a private conversation (supposedly). I wonder how many people here have had private conversations that would be embarrassing if made public.

Honestly, it bothers me more that this private conversation between this chick and an 80 year old man was recorded without his apparent consent. His views are his views. That hasn't prevented him from paying a lot of NBA paychecks over the last 35 years. I wouldn't get too riled up about him. He'll be gone soon enough. Meanwhile, each person can take an honest look at their own thoughts. I can tell you that I'm not always comfortable with mine.

I agree hypocrisy runs deep all over... & that freedom of speech is a right that should not be denied... I, too, am disturbed by the nature of today's news/social media outlets and their effects on privacy...

BUT the NBA IS a predominately black, African American league... that's a fact. I think the rule of law only serves to provide an equal opportunity to the league, which I think is largely decided by ability/talent in relation to the game as is. As for examples of inclusion, see: Dirk Nowitzki, Yao Ming, Amar'e Stoudemire --Hebrew descent, practices Judaism "spiritually and culturally". ("Race is a social concept, not a scientific one." --& is often conflated with Ethnicity, Religion, Skin color etc.)

That said, let's not pretend paying NBA players is the same as giving to charity, or that owning an NBA team is some sort of non-profit business venture.

Fair. Freedom of speech is a right that no one should be denied. To be honest, it's not the fact that he spoke his mind. I fully get that there are people like this in the world. It's the fact that he told his "girlfriend" not to bring "black people" to his games as if their money isn't appreciated as another patrons would be. If he doesn't want to be associated with African Americans/ Mexicans/ **** Pollacks to that degree, then he should find another business to run, maybe with Rand Paul, where he can choose who he wants to serve. That roster full of all shades and ethnicities have to incensed by this mans words right now.

I think the dude has some problems with minorities. But this was a typical unreasonable argument with a girlfriend that she baited him into further arguments -- it just happened to be about race and showed some of his thoughts. This argument was stop taking pictures and broadcasting you are hanging with black dudes. People will think you are ******* them and I don't want to hear about it and then have your bring them to my games like you are rubbing it in my face.

I think the dude has some problems with minorities. But this was a typical unreasonable argument with a girlfriend that she baited him into further arguments -- it just happened to be about race and showed some of his thoughts. This argument was stop taking pictures and broadcasting you are hanging with black dudes. People will think you are ****ing them and I don't want to hear about it and then have your bring them to my games like you are rubbing it in my face.
Bingo! Also, I'm pretty sure he associates with other racist white men and he has to deal with their backlash towards him. The sad part is that everyone listens to the media and I bet half of them haven't heard the recording. It was my first time hearing it just now and it doesn't sound as bad. I mean come on, if you on the same level as your husband and are having a private conversation why would you record it? The problem we have is trying to be politically correct with this BS now in days. Yes we still have freedom of speech but it seems like everyone thinks their sh*t don't stink and they condemned you for it.

Advertisement
Back