Off-season Rank 'Em: Hurricane Qbs since 2002

Okay folks, gonna try and do a position a day or a week or something, but for now - let's see your ranking for Miami starting QBs post-Dorsey. Here's mine:

1. Brad Kaaya
2. Jacory Harris
3. Stephen Morris
4. Brock Berlin
5. Kyle Wright
6. Robert Marve
7. Kirby Freeman

1. Kaaya
2. Morris
3. Harris
4. Marve
5. Berlin
6. Freeman

7. Wright

Kaaya, Morris and Harris were all decent. But the other 4 are some of the worst QBs in CFB history.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jacory Harris
Brad Kaaya
Stephen Morris
Brock Berlin
Kyle Wright
Robert Marve
Kirby Freeman

Watching Jacory play for Fisch 1 season let me know his issues were all related to coaching. He was the best "leader" at the QB spot of all the options ... As evidenced by the fact that he held off Stephen Morris, even though Morris is clearly more "talented" than Jacory.

And I'm pretty sure Jacory has the highest single season QBR for any of options.

Could be argued that Kaaya would have surpassed that next season ... But Kaaya chose to go a different route.

Morris would be higher if he had actually tried to use his athleticism to help the offense more. Would have done himself a favor to have run more in college.

Kaaya had/has ZERO swag. And it's actually kind of odd. Kid will probably wind up being a really good coach after his playing days are over.

Last edited:
kaaya on the 03-04 team with all of them top level players? Miami would have went undefeated for sure

1. Kevin Olsen
2. Jack Allison
3. Spencer Whipple
4. Robert Marve
5. Cannon Smith
6. Preston Dewey
7.Gray Crow
8.Jake Heaps

Advertisement
Kyle Wright is and will always be last for me. That snitch can take his 5star ranking and shove it up his *** with his boy Shapiro.

Advertisement
Berlin's issue was Coker was a dumbass. Berlin was horrific under center and godly in the shotgun. I wonder if anyone could pull up those splits.

Wright wasn't terrible either but he had **** coaching. He was decent his first season starting and then Coker fired his OC and it was over

Advertisement
Berlin was terrible, ESPECIALLY in 2003-2004. He was so awful in 2003-2004, and the bar was set so low, it made his mediocre play look legendary on 2004-2005. He was a terrible QB, only marginally better than Wright

Only marginally better than Wright? Yes Berlin was terrible in 03 and that alone is what cost us a shot at the National Title that year. In 04 Berlin was much improved and the kid was clutch in many big games for us including the comeback vs FL in 03, the 4th and 17 conversion to keep the GW drive alive vs WVU, the game tying drive vs FSU in 04 etc. Also I put most of Berlin's 03 struggles on Coker and staff for trying to force a square peg through a round hole by insisting on keeping Berlin under center when it was crystal clear he was best suited to being in the shotgun. He improved significantly in 04 even though nobody would ever characterize Berlin's 04 season as being Heisman worthy or anywhere close. Again I put this on the staff for being so damned pig headed and incompetent that after a whole offseason they still insisted on keeping Berlin under center because the shotgun wasn't "our offense".

I truly believe Berlin was a victim of a staff that thought of plays before players​ instead of players​ before plays. Kaaya was also hurt to large extent by the legendary imbecils he played for in Coley and Golden. Harris and Morris were also hamstrung to an extent by garbage coaching. It's interesting to note that both Morris and Harris has there best most consistent years under Fisch. I also think that Morris had a very underrated year in 2012 under Fisch where he threw for 500+ twice and was generally solid and occasionally brilliant. That changed in 2013 however as a an incompetent coordinator in James Coley and a hurt ankle combined to put a huge damper on his senior year. As far as ranking these guys, I would say right off the bat that Wright and Marve should be at the bottom and that the top 4 would be Kaaya, Berlin, Morris and Harris.

Last edited:
Talent wise and most consistent- kaaya #1 by far

Berlin- beat the rivals ALOT so it matters a good bit.
The 4th quarters vs UF in 03 and FSU in 04 don't happen with KaayaIn all fairness, with Kaaya against UF we probably wouldn't have been digging out of a hole. Berlin was putrid for 2.5 quarters. The comeback was amazing, but let's not forget why we were in that hole to begin with.Kaaya wouldve put us in a whole that he, unlike Berlin, wouldnt have been able to dig us out of.That's such crap. You people are mad at Kaaya for not winning those big games with Golden specials while comparing him to QB's using some of the best teams of all-time. 2003 had Hall of Fame talent on it. Kaaya throwing 405 yards vs FSU was the only reason we were in that game at the end. He even got us the lead in the 4th just for it to get blown. This year Kaaya was great until getting his molar knocked out and still threw a game tying touchdown at the end.
Give it up. Having an intelligent discussion with Kayaa even remotely involved is like debating with retards.

Advertisement
1. Brad Kaaya
2. Stephen Morris
3. Brock Berlin
4. Jacory Harris
5. Robert Marve
6. Kyle Wright
7. Kirby Freeman

2-4 is pretty close to me. Berlin as a senior was better than any Harris/Morris season, but his junior year was awful. Harris was the best redzone passer, but he threw away too many games. Morris gets the edge by default even though his senior year was disappointing. I could see arguments for any of them.

1. Brad Kaaya
2. Stephen Morris
3. Brock Berlin
4. Jacory Harris
5. Robert Marve
6. Kyle Wright
7. Kirby Freeman

2-4 is pretty close to me. Berlin as a senior was better than any Harris/Morris season, but his junior year was awful. Harris was the best redzone passer, but he threw away too many games. Morris gets the edge by default even though his senior year was disappointing. I could see arguments for any of them.

Agreed. which is why I ranked them the way I did.

Advertisement
Back