Off-season Manny!

I gotta chuckle at folks who make jokes about winning the offseason. How else do you build championship teams? Please, fill the rest of in with all your vast knowledge.
Manny inherited a trainwreck, and has improved it each year. Not sure I have seen all the other people in the world who took such a mess and made it a championship overnight. I must have slept through those seasons.
By winning the on season.

Advertisement
27-47

That’s a magical record!

The absolute shlt people say and the excuses they make, when they dig in and become obsessed.
**** is weird..even faced with absolute facts. Again I was a fan of bringing Mario to Miami in 10 and 15. But I’m not gunna sit here and ignore the **** on his resume just because that’s how I felt and wanna be right. With 10 years he’s been OK.

4 years at Oregon in possibly the worse Division in the P5 in recent memory, with a overwhelming talent, depth advantage, and a veteran team in his image, he’s had losses to a 5-7 Zona state team like 45-20 or sum crazy, then them again with a championship appearance on the line, and then szn this year with losses to cal, their main rival who is ***, and Iowa state...now if that had been manny cis would’ve called him a corch and mustered up a cute lil nickname for him

He went 3-9 his 6th year there
That’s not why he was fired. The year before he took FIU to 8-5 and first conference title. Not many coaches in today’s game can do that with a ****** program like FIU who was on a 21 game losing streak at one point.,

**** is weird..even faced with absolute facts. Again I was a fan of bringing Mario to Miami in 10 and 15. But I’m not gunna sit here and ignore the **** on his resume just because that’s how I felt and wanna be right. With 10 years he’s been OK.

4 years at Oregon in possibly the worse Division in the P5 in recent memory, with a overwhelming talent, depth advantage, and a veteran team in his image, he’s had losses to a 5-7 Zona state team like 45-20 or sum crazy, then them again with a championship appearance on the line, and then szn this year with losses to cal, their main rival who is ***, and Iowa state...now if that had been manny cis would’ve called him a corch and mustered up a cute lil nickname for him

The thing is, I’m like you, I don’t have that much against Mario, he has a lot of flaws no doubt, but had he been hired instead of Manny I would’ve been in support of him.

And who knows he might be coach here one day, there is no telling what can happen in the future, and if he is I’ll support him until that point where I don’t think he can get it done.

But this sainthood of him as some great coach is not supported by any facts. At best he’s average and actually right now I would make the argument he’s below average, he’s in the Pac 12, with the most talent and has done very little and has had some really bad losses, as well as some very well documented in-game coaching snafus

Advertisement
27-47

That’s a magical record!

The absolute shlt people say and the excuses they make, when they dig in and become obsessed.

He surely did. He won THE only conference title in their history AND first bowl victory. At a school that was a complete disaster when he took the gig.

Go back and refresh your memory of FIU prior to his arrival. From their start at FCS and their immediate jump to BCS.

He took a program with zero history and turned them into champions. How in THE fucck don’t you guys comprehend that.

I know you guys are still butt hurt over his departure- but he is the best option for Miami.

He will probably win another title at Oregon- get into the playoffs- and you guys will still be pointing to his record with an awful FIU at the time he took the gig.

Yet, you guys are still in the corner of the guy who completely bombed at UT and was beaten by FIU- only coach in UM history to accomplish that. But keep piling up those off season titles. They are the only titles Miami is winning under his “guidance.”

The thing is, I’m like you, I don’t have that much against Mario, he has a lot of flaws no doubt, but had he been hired instead of Manny I would’ve been in support of him.

And who knows he might be coach here one day, there is no telling what can happen in the future, and if he is I’ll support him until that point where I don’t think he can get it done.

But this sainthood of him as some great coach is not supported by any facts. At best he’s average and actually right now I would make the argument he’s below average, he’s in the Pac 12, with the most talent and has done very little and has had some really bad losses, as well as some very well documented in-game coaching snafus

He’s won the PAC 12 twice- after taking over for that God awful Taggert

How does that equate to “done very little”. He’s won it 2/3 years at Oregon.

Would you take Pete Carrol? He allowed an awful play call against NE which cost his team a SB victory- blew the Texas game with a terrible 4th down call which cost USC the title. But I bet you would take that dude in a heartbeat.

How about Jimmy? He absolutely blew the Fiesta Bowl by allowing Vinny to throw another pick- which cost them the title. He should have benched him, but he decided to let Vinny cost his team the game/title.

How did Jimmy’s last game with the Dolphins turn out?

Would you take Pete Carrol? He allowed an awful play call against NE which cost his team a SB victory- blew the Texas game with a terrible 4th down call which cost USC the title. But I bet you would take that dude in a heartbeat.

How about Jimmy? He absolutely blew the Fiesta Bowl by allowing Vinny to throw another pick- which cost them the title. He should have benched him, but he decided to let Vinny cost his team the game/title.

An eternal list of excuses, justifications, conspiracy theories and absurd stretches for one, zero slack for the other.

Your objectivity is stunning.

Thay god awful taggart gifted him a top pick at QB and out talented every single team he played and still hasn’t made the playoffs in that awful conference

Advertisement
I like and root for Mario, but it should be an eye opener just how good Herbert looked as a rookie NFL QB vs. how he looked in college. Not a good look for Oregon's staff.

Thay god awful taggart gifted him a top pick at QB and out talented every single team he played and still hasn’t made the playoffs in that awful conference

You guys fighting against Mario are just like the Miami admin.

You are trying to convince the world that the coach with 3 conference titles at two different schools AND was hand plucked by Saban to be on his staff, is no better than the guy who can’t beat FIU.

Nobody thinks Mario is some Saban level coach, but he **** sure is a much better option, at Miami, than the shiit they currently have occupying the HCs office.

You can’t point to one reasonable fact, that would lead any reasonable person, to the belief Mario is not superior to Manny in any capacity.

I like and root for Mario, but it should be an eye opener just how good Herbert looked as a rookie NFL QB vs. how he looked in college. Not a good look for Oregon's staff.

And that is a knock against Mario, how?

How about how poorly several kids at Miami have performed while at Miami that were recruited, and coached, by Manny as DC and HC?

How about that one year at Texas? How did that go for Manny?

How many coaches that Manny hired, or retained, are nkw

And that is a knock against Mario, how?

How about how poorly several kids at Miami have performed while at Miami that were recruited, and coached, by Manny as DC and HC?

How about that one year at Texas? How did that go for Manny?

How many coaches that Manny hired, or retained, are nkw
First, what does Manny or Miami have to do with Mario's ability as a coach? (Hint: nothing.)

Second, I'm not sure why I have to explain this, but Herbert played better as a first year pro than as a collegiate player. That's not usually a good indicator of a coaching staff's ability to develop and juice players for as much as they can while they're in college (particularly where the disparity of talent between collegiate players is much more vast than NFL).

Advertisement
I gotta chuckle at folks who make jokes about winning the offseason. How else do you build championship teams? Please, fill the rest of in with all your vast knowledge.
Manny inherited a trainwreck, and has improved it each year. Not sure I have seen all the other people in the world who took such a mess and made it a championship overnight. I must have slept through those seasons.
They think **** go like they playing a video game and presto everything fix

Last edited:
More like:

Built it. Didn't work. Tear it down.

Build again. Didn't work again. Tear it down again.

Build again . . . .

Eventually, either it will work, or we will get a new architect
More like build get more talent,(players&coaches)evaluate, fix what didn't work, didn't tear down build by repeating and that's how a program is born. If the man didn't do anything then what? He didn't get handed the keys to a Lambo more like a mustang.

First, what does Manny or Miami have to do with Mario's ability as a coach? (Hint: nothing.)

Second, I'm not sure why I have to explain this, but Herbert played better as a first year pro than as a collegiate player. That's not usually a good indicator of a coaching staff's ability to develop and juice players for as much as they can while they're in college (particularly where the disparity of talent between collegiate players is much more vast than NFL).

Are you a tard? His last year at Oregon he threw for over 3400 yards, 32 TDs, 5 int, 4 rushing TDs and a 66% completion percentage.

Advertisement
You guys fighting against Mario are just like the Miami admin.

You are trying to convince the world that the coach with 3 conference titles at two different schools AND was hand plucked by Saban to be on his staff, is no better than the guy who can’t beat FIU.

Nobody thinks Mario is some Saban level coach, but he **** sure is a much better option, at Miami, than the shiit they currently have occupying the HCs office.

You can’t point to one reasonable fact, that would lead any reasonable person, to the belief Mario is not superior to Manny in any capacity.
Again...I don’t think ppl are saying he’s and coach..just the fact your acting like he’s jimbo or Kelly..he’s a solid coach. BUT he has glaring things on his resume..your comparing his 10 year to manny like he’s got a resume of a top tier guy..he doesn’t. And I wanted here

He surely did. He won THE only conference title in their history AND first bowl victory. At a school that was a complete disaster when he took the gig.

Go back and refresh your memory of FIU prior to his arrival. From their start at FCS and their immediate jump to BCS.

He took a program with zero history and turned them into champions. How in THE fucck don’t you guys comprehend that.

I know you guys are still butt hurt over his departure- but he is the best option for Miami.

He will probably win another title at Oregon- get into the playoffs- and you guys will still be pointing to his record with an awful FIU at the time he took the gig.

Yet, you guys are still in the corner of the guy who completely bombed at UT and was beaten by FIU- only coach in UM history to accomplish that. But keep piling up those off season titles. They are the only titles Miami is winning under his “guidance.”

Two stunningly dumb posts, full of ridiculous comparisons, in a row. You put a lot of effort to make yourself look like a dolt.

Are you a tard? His last year at Oregon he threw for over 3400 yards, 32 TDs, 5 int, 4 rushing TDs and a 66% completion percentage.
Did you actually watch Oregon play? They treated Herbert like a game manager. Very conservative. Run the ball. Avoid turnovers. Play not to lose. They babied him.

I’ve seen a few posts about Manny’s teams checking out to end the season. I agree that happened year 1, obviously, but not buying it for year 2.

We shut out Duke the week before UNC and even though we got off to a poor start and lost, we fought like **** in the bowl game. He clearly didn’t have them ready to play against UNC, which was an abomination. You can definitely put that L on Manny and Baker but I don’t think the team had checked out on him or they would have folded when Ok St jumped out on us. Just my 2 cents.

As far as OP, the offseason jokes have always seemed stupid to me. You all clamor for in season improvements while constantly making lame jokes about offseason improvements. They go hand in hand, improve in the offseason and you will improve during the season. I don’t know any programs that went from mediocre to powerhouse over night, but that’s what y’all expect from Manny. Even though these same posters regularly shït on him and say he doesn’t have what it takes as a HC. Somebody help it make sense.
Nobody expects to go from mediocre to powerhouse overnight...

We all expect to not be the laughing stock of college football at least twice a season under daddy's little HC in training...

2019:
FIU (Mandy lost this game with his beta decision to start JW when he knew he was hungover and broke curfew leading to 4 picks)

LaTech (setting toilet bowl records for being blown out)

Duke (even after having the team run stadiums with the previous years Duke loss on the jumbotron)

UiF (we don't lose to those fvcks)

GT (in their first year moving away from the MFing triple option)

VT (one of the worst VT teams we have faced)

2020:
Clem$on (just showed the world how far away we are from ever winning anything significant as a program, b/c they are the bar, and they raped the **** out of us)

UNC (No words can explain that... Most embarrassing game anyone has ever seen, **** you Manny Diaz!)

OSU (Another bowl, another loss...)

"What must be done eventually, must be done immediately"

SO LET IT BURN!!!

Advertisement
Back