Of of all the QB’s still on the roster not including (TVD) and the ones being brought in. For the 24’ and 25’ classes.

If Miami is going to be playing in a new conference in the near future, wouldn’t it be smarter to have a known commodity at QB, rather than hoping an unknown commodity can play at a level they’ve never played before?

What gives Miami the best chance to win the most games?

Getting a proven QB from the Portal where there are less questions about his ability to handle adversity & deal with the rigors of tough games due to his experience, or put a young kid out there with 0 to minimal starts & hope he plays above his means?

Until the roster gets built up enough to the point where the Blue-Chip ratio far exceeds above threshold, I’m not sure you’d be doing any of these QB’s a favor by throwing them in the fire & expecting great results to follow.

Miami isn’t strong enough to win in-spite of the QB yet.

If I’m not mistaken a lot of people thought Tate Martell was gonna be that guy. TRANSFER PORTAL

Advertisement
Yep. And Yep. Fully agree.

That also is completely independent of the fact that I stand by my evaluation of Emory.

Will repeat my conclusions: If he continues to grind, and he stays healthy, he can be an excellent QB for this team. and who the **** knows, maybe beyond that.

That be being said, to not continue to build the room, and deliberately manage the development of the player(s), is coaching malpractice.

My point exactly COAH THEM THE F’CK UP.

Not saying you’re dense at all, but you show it on the field in practice. Then the coach has faith that it will translates to the field. Which in turn translates to wins.
No. Just no. You don’t rely on “faith” to pour all of your time and effort into one guy hoping it pays off. College football is all about stacking talent.

I’m saying you’re dense if you think it’s a bad idea to bring in more talent than what we have especially if that talent you’re bringing in is a proven commodity.

Now if you bring in more talent and one of the guys already on the roster, wins out, well, that’s the point of stacking talent. To create competition and the best 11 go out and play with quality depth behind them.

No. Just no. You don’t rely on “faith” to pour all of your time and effort into one guy hoping it pays off. College football is all about stacking talent.

I’m saying you’re dense if you think it’s a bad idea to bring in more talent than what we have especially if that talent you’re bringing in is a proven commodity.

Now if you bring in more talent and one of the guys already on the roster, wins out, well, that’s the point of stacking talent. To create competition and the best 11 go out and play with quality depth behind them.

I agree totally with stacking chips. I’m not saying don’t bring anyone in. I’m just saying make sure we’re coaching/grooming what we got. Along with bringing in other guys. Now if what we have is making strides and looks like he’s taking to the coaching. Why not give him a chance?

SO WERE SAYING THE SAME THING.

Advertisement
I agree totally with stacking chips. I’m not saying don’t bring anyone in. I’m just saying make sure we’re coaching/grooming what we got. Along with bringing in other guys. Now if what we have is making strides and looks like he’s taking to the coaching. Why not give him a chance?

SO WERE SAYING THE SAME THING.

Advertisement
WHAT IM SAYING IS. If you see your guy developing. GIVE HIM A CHANCE. How many FREAKING times have we seen FRESHMAN/YOUNG QB’s step up or be thrown in the fire and they succeed. Do we need a transfer portal QB? Maybe, but if our guys progress or are progressing. Show FAITH in your guy.
Hey,“He’s no Steve Young.”

I get what you’re saying, but if TVD plays the entire season and doesn’t get injured, like we all hope and pray, then that means we’ll be going into next year with a bunch of guys with little/no experience. Couple that with the fact that many are saying that 24’ is the year we really take off and explode onto the National scene, you almost have to take a proven, veteran QB out of the portal. That would be really frustrating if we go into week 1 next year with a lot of promise at every position, but then have a major question mark at QB. Emory may well be the future, but you need a backup plan just in case. Judd will need 1-2 years to develop, and Brown, by all accounts, still can’t throw the ball well enough on a consistent basis.

Newsflash: Over 90 percent of college football programs will have problems winning games if they lose their starting QB, especially if the QB is the returning starter. On the topic of returning starting QB, the few quality QBs in the transfer portal is not going to transfer to a team where it has a highly-rated returning QB. So why are people sweating this topic? It is what it is. Be glad that we have a relatively easy offense to master if we have to start one of our backups.

Advertisement
We are in trouble if we expect Brown to be the guy next year. His passing needs to be night and day from what we have seen so far.

Advertisement
Newsflash: Over 90 percent of college football programs will have problems winning games if they lose their starting QB, especially if the QB is the returning starter. On the topic of returning starting QB, the few quality QBs in the transfer portal is not going to transfer to a team where it has a highly-rated returning QB. So why are people sweating this topic? It is what it is. Be glad that we have a relatively easy offense to master if we have to start one of our backups.
I think it's more an issue of who's going to start next year. It's clear that nobody was going to transfer here for the 2023 season to be TVD's backup even though people here thought that was a possibility. Next year we should be a hot spot for a potential transfer QB though. I'm 100% on board with brining in a transfer for 2024 because I'm not just going to assume Brown or Williams will be ready/capable to be a starter. If one of them beats out a transfer and earns the job? Great but I want a proven commodity in the QB room next season.

I think it's more an issue of who's going to start next year. It's clear that nobody was going to transfer here for the 2023 season to be TVD's backup even though people here thought that was a possibility. Next year we should be a hot spot for a potential transfer QB though. I'm 100% on board with brining in a transfer for 2024 because I'm not just going to assume Brown or Williams will be ready/capable to be a starter. If one of them beats out a transfer and earns the job? Great but I want a proven commodity in the QB room next season.

Understood.
However, is it worthwhile to worry about the season after this upcoming season when there is much movement with coaches and players (transfer portal)? Similarly, if we were deep at QB this season we would be equally as worried about players transferring out.

Advertisement
Back