Of of all the QB’s still on the roster not including (TVD) and the ones being brought in. For the 24’ and 25’ classes.

Caneofcanes

Sophomore
Emory Williams and Luke Nickel seem to be the most accurate passers as of now. Just basing it off film. I like what I see with the accuracy and if they can develop. WE MAY NOT NEED A TRANSFER PORTAL QB. Gotta start letting or believing in your evaluations. If you keep signing kids, but keep playing the portal kids. Eventuality kids may be apprehensive about signing. I know it’s the coaches job to do what’s best for the team. You also gotta play your guys you recruited. So it’s up to the coaches to develop them. That also sends a strong message to recruits. Knowing they will be developed and prepared for the next level.

Advertisement
Emory Williams and Luke Nickel seem to be the most accurate passers as of now. Just basing it off film. I like what I see with the accuracy and if they can develop. WE MAY NOT NEED A TRANSFER PORTAL QB. Gotta start letting or believing in your evaluations. If you keep signing kids, but keep playing the portal kids. Eventuality kids may be apprehensive about signing. I know it’s the coaches job to do what’s best for the team. You also gotta play your guys you recruited. So it’s up to the coaches to develop them. That also sends a strong message to recruits. Knowing they will be developed and prepared for the next level.
Buffalo Nickle is not on the roster.

I believe with what we have on the roster surrounding the QB and actually having a real actual OL is a huge assist. This is not the Gattis offense. Remember how much easier this system is for QB's. Remember that Clayton Tune was the QB at Houston under Dawson last year.

Some things can be done with work being put in to help Jacurri with his mechanics and foot work to improve his accuracy. Jacurri can be lethal with his legs as well.

Emory is already accurate so he can get it done as well. Once again, what they have surrounding them to support them is a great thing to have. Recruiting/development is changing.

"WE MAY NOT NEED A TRANSFER PORTAL QB."

Come on man. Our coaches are planning to take a portal QB. Full stop. And its not just me assuming or saying it just to say it.

Nickel is a 2025 kid. Emory.. yeah they love him. But not even the coaches aret expecting him to start next year.

Some of you guys (and maybe not even you in particular) need to give the kid time before he's labeled as our can't miss QB of the future. There's way too much sunshine being pumped right now.

Today we need a portal proven qb2 but tomorrow we may not. If Tvd goes down so does the season. Im sure there’s a lot of pressure on the O line to keep Tvd healthy. Mario is tirelessly working on that. If he goes down we need to play the most accurate passer and smart decision maker. It seems Emory is that player. As for the teams bigger picture we are still in rebuilding stage. It could end up being another frustrating season or we might just get a huge surprise.

Advertisement
No.

"WE MAY NOT NEED A TRANSFER PORTAL QB."

Come on man. Our coaches are planning to take a portal QB. Full stop. And its not just me assuming or saying it just to say it.

Nickel is a 2025 kid. Emory.. yeah they love him. But not even the coaches aret expecting him to start next year.

Some of you guys (and maybe not even you in particular) need to give the kid time before he's labeled as our can't miss QB of the future. There's way too much sunshine being pumped right now.

WHAT IM SAYING IS. If you see your guy developing. GIVE HIM A CHANCE. How many FREAKING times have we seen FRESHMAN/YOUNG QB’s step up or be thrown in the fire and they succeed. Do we need a transfer portal QB? Maybe, but if our guys progress or are progressing. Show FAITH in your guy.

If you got money & can recruit you'll be fine on the trail. But I do agree with investing in your evals. If you brought a guy in knowing they would need a little seasoning then give them time & invest in their success beyond a scholarship & some training equipment.

Whether it's tutoring, a certain diet or player specific coaching, whatever it takes to help them be successful.

I can't speak to whether that's actually happening at UM. I do know as fans we are so quick to kick a guy off the team if he isn't immediately impactful or if he's a sub 4*. You can't ***** about depth & try to get rid of every non starter at the same time. Some dudes take more time to get it, if they can.

I think it would help alot of people to just forget about those types like Jacurri. And if they end up busting out in year 3 or 4, great. If not, then they'll be recruited over eventually.

Advertisement
WHAT IM SAYING IS. If you see your guy developing. GIVE HIM A CHANCE. How many FREAKING times have we seen FRESHMAN/YOUNG QB’s step up or be thrown in the fire and they succeed. Do we need a transfer portal QB? Maybe, but if our guys progress or are progressing. Show FAITH in your guy.
Put the best 11 guys you can get on the field. If theres a guy better in the portal & you can get him you do.

We need experience in that QB room come Spring 24. A solid vet is what the team will need to piggyback off an 8 or 9 win regular season in 23. And at this time, Brown, Williams, and Anderson aren't going to cut it. Way too raw. Brown was downright awful yesterday.

The eyes don't lie Chico....

Advertisement
Football isn't Catholicism

That sounds great on paper but it doesn’t work that way big guy. The isn’t religion. It’s not based off of faith it’s based off results.

Advertisement
We need experience in that QB room come Spring 24. A solid vet is what the team will need to piggyback off an 8 or 9 win regular season in 23. And at this time, Brown, Williams, and Anderson aren't going to cut it. Way too raw. Brown was downright awful yesterday.

The eyes don't lie Chico....
Doesn't mean he still can't improve! And, we don't need him yet...fingers crossed!

If Miami is going to be playing in a new conference in the near future, wouldn’t it be smarter to have a known commodity at QB, rather than hoping an unknown commodity can play at a level they’ve never played before?

What gives Miami the best chance to win the most games?

Getting a proven QB from the Portal where there are less questions about his ability to handle adversity & deal with the rigors of tough games due to his experience, or put a young kid out there with 0 to minimal starts & hope he plays above his means?

Until the roster gets built up enough to the point where the Blue-Chip ratio far exceeds above threshold, I’m not sure you’d be doing any of these QB’s a favor by throwing them in the fire & expecting great results to follow.

Miami isn’t strong enough to win in-spite of the QB yet.

If Miami is going to be playing in a new conference in the near future, wouldn’t it be smarter to have a known commodity at QB, rather than hoping an unknown commodity can play at a level they’ve never played before?

What gives Miami the best chance to win the most games?

Getting a proven QB from the Portal where there are less questions about his ability to handle adversity & deal with the rigors of tough games due to his experience, or put a young kid out there with 0 to minimal starts & hope he plays above his means?

Until the roster gets built up enough to the point where the Blue-Chip ratio far exceeds above threshold, I’m not sure you’d be doing any of these QB’s a favor by throwing them in the fire & expecting great results to follow.

Miami isn’t strong enough to win in-spite of the QB yet.

Yep. And Yep. Fully agree.

That also is completely independent of the fact that I stand by my evaluation of Emory.

Will repeat my conclusions: If he continues to grind, and he stays healthy, he can be an excellent QB for this team. and who the **** knows, maybe beyond that.

That be being said, to not continue to build the room, and deliberately manage the development of the player(s), is coaching malpractice.

That sounds great on paper but it doesn’t work that way big guy. The isn’t religion. It’s not based off of faith it’s based off results.

Not saying you’re dense at all, but you show it on the field in practice. Then the coach has faith that it will translates to the field. Which in turn translates to wins.

Advertisement
Back