Odds to win ACC in 23

Advertisement
Much like us in 2017, FSU enters the season riding a big wave of momentum off a bowl win in Orlando. 10 win regular season is on tap for them imo. Whether it's enough to win the ACC title remains to be seen.

FSU will be a favorite to get in the top 4

If FSU sneaks into the playoffs in year 4 for Norvell after a 10 win season in year 3, and we finish around .500 again, we might need to open the books for more "Horsemen of the Mope-ocalypse. "

ric flair wrestling GIF

FSU was better than Miami last year, but I couldn't help but think when we played them how healthy they were vs. us.

Lovett was coming off injury, but he played against us. The other major injury was like 2nd team RB? I think he may have played too.

Meanwhile our starting QB was hurt, we had multiple RB's hurt, Parrish got hurt during game didn't finish, Our OL was a mash unit with injuries everywhere, and then Rivers got hurt beginning of 2nd quarter vs. FSU missed rest of game and season.

I remember looking out on field we were backed up inside our own 5 year line, and we had a true freshman Jacurri Brown and a walk on RB Lucious Stanley in the backfield against friggin FSU. Meanwhile Darrell Jackson was on sideline during the chop during the game. What a disaster
We are a tuff n fizical team..

Advertisement
Surprised FSU is that much of a favorite
Why is it surprising, they return a ton of starters and some that had nfl prospects but came back. That alone in a terrible acc is enough. I hate em but they changed the narrative of their team and now they have momentum. Hopefully allllll the breaks they caught last year break the other way but confidence and experience goes a long way in college ball

The 2018 defense was really good. I think two issues tanked the season.

1. The problem was teams with decent defenses knew how to stop Rosier thanks to Pitt in 2017, we got a couple of those in the middle of the season.

2. Richt was really starting to get affected by his illness. Rosier and Perry had significantly different skillsets. Perry could hit deep passes, Rosier couldnt. I think Richt would have adjusted quicker to Perry's skillset if he (Richt) had been healthy. It took 2-3 games for him to tailor the offense more to Perry and we got back on track to close the season.

We were averaging about 42 ppg up til the UVA game. After Perry led UM to the amazing comeback against FSU, he got pulled after just 4 series against UVA. Yes he threw 2 picks to start, but I honestly think he would have figured it out. Should have benched him for a couple series to get his head straight and then put him back in. Rosier did nothing.

I don't think Norvell has any health issues nor do I think FSU needs to worry that teams will figure out how to shut down Jordan Travis. So I don't see many parallels between 2018 UM and 2023 FSU.
2017 we were pulling games out of our asses and was nowhere close to being a legit 10-0 team. It was one of the flukiest thing I’ve seen. And I’m a Cane fan.

Fsu snuck up on Cfb last year while not being too talented and also having the schedule align for them.

I think they come back to earth some this year , then in 24 the wheels fall off again.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I would be shocked if Clemson didn't win the ACC this year.

Agree. FSU plays LSU in Orlando to open the year... I would guess LSU will travel bigly and it will be a 50/50 crowd.

They also play @Clemson the week after a long distance road game @BC (could be a trap game btw).

They also have to go on another long road trip @PITT, and they go @Wake and @UF.

Not the toughest schedule, but their ceiling is 10-2 IMO. A fall back to earth at 8-4 is quite possible. As I mentioned elsewhere, they really had all the breaks last year and still went 0-3 vs ranked teams. Cornrow Mike can't beat ranked teams.

Advertisement
Agree. FSU plays LSU in Orlando to open the year... I would guess LSU will travel bigly and it will be a 50/50 crowd.

They also play @Clemson the week after a long distance road game @BC (could be a trap game btw).

They also have to go on another long road trip @PITT, and they go @Wake and @UF.

Not the toughest schedule, but their ceiling is 10-2 IMO. A fall back to earth at 8-4 is quite possible. As I mentioned elsewhere, they really had all the breaks last year and still went 0-3 vs ranked teams. Cornrow Mike can't beat ranked teams.
They better go all out this year because 24 will be messy

Fool's Good in Tallahassee.

10-3 last year was a such a fugazi—zero wins over ranked teams and a three-point win in a dogfight of a bowl game against an Oklahoma squad who was 6-6 and barely made the post-season.

Lost to #22 Wake Forest, #14 North Carolina State and #4 Clemson—the only ranked teams they faced. Nine other regular seasons wins:

— Duquesne, who went 4-7 in the Northeast Conference.

— LSU, who went 10-4 and improved as year went on—lost to Florida State on missed PAT in season-opener. Tigers roll Noles if they played later in year.

— Louisville, who went 8-5 and spent one ranked week at #25 in late November.

— Boston College, who went 3-9.

— Georgia Tech, who went 5-7.

— Miami, who went 5-7.

— Syracuse, who went 7-6.

— Louisiana, who went 6-7 in the Sun Belt Conference.

— Florida, who went 6-7.

Miami went 10-3 in 2017; falling to four-win Pitt in the season finale, rolled by Clemson in the ACC title game and beat by double-digits against Wisconsin in the Orange Bowl.

A year later, the Canes were a dog of a 7-6 football team.

FSU opens with LSU In Orlando, back to back road games at Boston College and Clemson and at Wake Forest, Pittsburgh and Florida later in the year.

Clemson wins the Atlantic this year and Noles go 8-4 in the regular season.
You know there are no divisions this year and going forward.

Advertisement
FSU was better than Miami last year, but I couldn't help but think when we played them how healthy they were vs. us.

Lovett was coming off injury, but he played against us. The other major injury was like 2nd team RB? I think he may have played too.

Meanwhile our starting QB was hurt, we had multiple RB's hurt, Parrish got hurt during game didn't finish, Our OL was a mash unit with injuries everywhere, and then Rivers got hurt beginning of 2nd quarter vs. FSU missed rest of game and season.

I remember looking out on field we were backed up inside our own 5 year line, and we had a true freshman Jacurri Brown and a walk on RB Lucious Stanley in the backfield against friggin FSU. Meanwhile Darrell Jackson was on sideline during the chop during the game. What a disaster
Did this really happen?

MTSU was better than Miami last year.

Not a high bar to overcome.

Am I missing something with Lou-vul? People really getting moist over Brohm?

Advertisement
Back